60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k/ hour - Farm World Drop Chests for Rare Transmogs or Twink Items

Hey OwnedCore! I've been pretty bored with the game lately, so I've tried out some new techniques on making gold.

This method is pretty original and will probably work like a charm on servers where there is a lot of competition for gathering nodes and few people out in the world questing - which is most servers. It will also make you much more of a profit on servers that have a large base of players with twinks or levelling alts, especially when the expansion comes out as blue items will be in demand. I can make anything from 1k gold an hour and upwards while doing this, but it can be very luck based.

Random world chests have a guaranteed drop chance of a blue low-level item, and also have the potential to drop epics or other rare world drop items, but you're probably going to be making most of your profit off of the blue items. Since people are transmogging nowadays and there are few people out in the world, you should be left farming these to yourself no matter what server you're on. What's more, you don't need a proffession! Anyway, to the point;
    you're going to need two addons: GatherMate 2 and GatherMate2Data. You can google them and download/install them as you would any other addon. Now, go to this menu in Game Menu > Interface > AddOns > GatherMate 2 > Import, and tick the "Treasure" box as shown below. Make sure everything else is as shown below and press the red import button at the bottom.

Now, when you look at your map or mini map, you will see the location of treasure boxes as purple circles or as treasure chests on the map. Simply go to these locations and se if there's a box there or not - try planing a route before hand to speed things up. The drops can be very sought after - things such as orb of deception and several twink items have dropped for me, all selling for upwards of 2k. I manage to find a chest every 5 minutes with a 310% mount and hopefully you'll have the same luck! The loot table for the chests you will find most commonly is here: Sturdy Treasure Chest - Object - World of Warcraft

There are a few other ways to make gold off of this method. You could set up a route to bot it, use a track hack to find the chests more easily (hint, hint) or DE the items you get that won't sell. But that isn't what this guide is about, so you're going to have to figure that out on your own

If anyone finds this method helpful then post below how much gold you manage to make with it. I tend to fly in an oval around the continent while doing this, picking up any limited supply items and recipes from vendors on the way to boost the amount of gold I make. I might update in the future with an efficient route to take, but in the mean time good luck farming and have fun!
    Last edited by Devanh; 07-26-2012 at 03:00 AM.

3k/ hour - Farm World Drop Chests for Rare Transmogs or Twink Items
    Devanh's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    60/25
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to make a list of some of the profitable items you can farm in these chests.

All the items below tend to sell for 500g-1000g+. It can be server dependant, though I would try listing about 1k for all the twink/transmog items listed below. If it won't sell, then just list it for however much you would pay for it!

Twink
    Zealot Blade - Item - World of Warcraft
    Walking Boots - Item - World of Warcraft The only BoE rare boots under level 19, high demand.

Transmog
    Midnight Mace - Item - World of Warcraft
    Skeletal Club - Item - World of Warcraft (same model as above, also a twink item)
    Hanzo Sword - Item - World of Warcraft Ninja Sword!
    Soulkeeper - Item - World of Warcraft (also usable as a twink weapon)
    Warmonger - Item - World of Warcraft I've personally sold this for 3k
    Archaic Defender - Item - World of Warcraft Ninja Sword!
    Assassination Blade - Item - World of Warcraft Ninja Sword!
    Magician's Mantle - Item - World of Warcraft (unique model)
    Robe of the Magi - Item - World of Warcraft
    Black Velvet Robes - Item - World of Warcraft
    Hellslayer Battle Axe - Item - World of Warcraft
    Axe of the Legion - Item - World of Warcraft
    Shield of the Wayward Footman - Item - World of Warcraft
    The Gunblade - Item - World of Warcraft
    Executioner's Cleaver - Item - World of Warcraft
    Skeletal Shoulders - Item - World of Warcraft
    Witchfury - Item - World of Warcraft
    Speedsteel Rapier - Item - World of Warcraft
    Staff of Hale Magefire - Item - World of Warcraft
    Scarlet Kris - Item - World of Warcraft
    Lord Alexander's Battle Axe - Item - World of Warcraft
    Sapphiron's Scale Boots - Item - World of Warcraft
    Aegis of Stormwind - Item - World of Warcraft
    Demonslayer - Item - World of Warcraft
    Doombringer - Item - World of Warcraft
    Blade of the Titans - Item - World of Warcraft
    Heaven's Light - Item - World of Warcraft
    Blackfang - Item - World of Warcraft

Be careful of the beer mugs that drop, they cannot be used for transmog… but you never know, they could still sell.

Vanity
    Orb of Deception - Item - World of Warcraft Turns you into a member of the other faction, sells for 3k+ commonly
    Basilisk Bone - Item - World of Warcraft Infamously the worst item in end game vanilla.
    Twig of the World Tree - Item - World of Warcraft Sought after because of lore relevance.

If you don't see an item you get in the chest on this list, it doesn't mean it won't sell. You could still DE it (vanilla mats tend to go for a lot now) or pass it to a guildie's alt, to help them out!

Wavom's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide, thanks for sharing

Falkeid's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    32/75
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice man, definately gonna try this, will update in a hour to check what ive got +rep for the guide!
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Truukk's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will try this out and report in tomorrow after my suspension is up. Damn trolling hard gets me banned lol

pac7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, nice guide.