How to be removed AFK from a Battlebground (for prevention of being AFK kicked) menu

User Tag List

jamesgreen's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to be removed AFK from a Battlebground (for prevention of being AFK kicked)

Hey guys,

Many of you may have already noticed that there were some changes to the AFK kick system that Blizzard implements in their battlegrounds. After being kicked for being "AFK" numerous times for things such as running the flag, taking the siege to the "incorrect" area, or defending a base while in stealth, I decided to open a ticket. The GM got back to me and confirmed what I had expected. He said that there were 3 ways to get instant kicked from a BG:

1. If 10 people report you AFK, you are instantly kicked

2. If you have not dealt any damage or received any healing or damage in the last 5 minutes and someone reports you, you are instant kicked.

3. You were completely inactive for 2 minutes.

These are the three guide lines that he gave to me that I think were recently implemented in the last few months. Overall I think these changes are for the better, but in some cases where you are not technically AFK you may still be kicked under these rules. Hopefully this guide will help some to understand why they were instantly kicked from that last BG!!

How to be removed AFK from a Battlebground (for prevention of being AFK kicked)