0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

29 Twink Hunter Guide

PREFACE: One of My Greatest achievements in the short-while i played WoW was my 29 Twink hunter. After following the guide of this Genius Guide : Gold guide Kinda Thing I had money left over, knew absolutely nothing about playing a character above lvl 30, so why not 29 twink it! Since leveling seemed 100x more boring, i chose what I heard leveled the fastest and was good in PvP : a Hunter.

What You Will NEED:
    • Lots and Lots of Gold
    • Yeah, that's it

What you Might Want:
    • A Main, Where else to get the gold?
    • A Guild for that main or your twink ( For professions mostly and help with quests )
    • Auctioneer bot, Sounds dumb, but those twink items AH high, and not pushing the bet with some queer standing next to you in Org is hard. Just get a bot to insta bet right before it ends if you can.

STEP ONE:
    • Make the Hunter. Duh.
    • Level it to about 19, there I'd suggest Doing BattleGrounds for tokens, about 50 of them, shouldn't be much more than a night or afternoon depending on your faction's luck. It's better to have enough points for the rewards ahead of time. And 19 WSG goes faster than 29 AB or WSG usually
    • If you want, go ahead and buy the lvl 28 Items at the vendor with your tokens. Items to buy: Staff, Ring, Necklace. A lot of tokens yes. ( Staff may be questionable depending on playstyle )
    • Explore areas ahead of time : Tanaris, Thousand Needles, STV maybe.

STEP TWO:

• At lvl 25-ish, go to STV and do the Raptor Quest To get your chest piece!
    • Also, do the rest of the hunter quests beforehand. This way you can do the Big Game Hunter Quest. This will get you your ranged weapon. Have higher level help you the entire time for less XP and easier time.

STEP THREE:

Now for Another Quest: Safety First Chain For gloves. Do this right after or at the time of the others at lvl 28. Have a high level walk you around in 1k Needles and Tanaris. I RECCOMEND EXPLORING BEFORE LVL 20 or you may not be able to finish the chain.

Now Get fishing up, here comes the bitchy part.

STEP FOUR:

Fishing Items are by far the best. The Lucky Fishing hat And the boots: Pagle Fishing Boots Alternatives are listed below if you don't feel like slaving for them quite yet. The boots are arguable, but i put on a boars enchant and the speed bonus matched with some nice stamina.

STEP FIVE:

The AH: Look For all The rare Drops below, I can't really name average prices as some realms are really different.

ITEMS:

Head: Infiltrator Cap Of The Monkey (or Eagle)
    Shoulder: Mantle Of Thieves
    Neck: Scout's Medallion
    Back: Tigerstrike Mantle
    Chest: Raptor Hunter Tunic
    Wrist: Emissary Cuffs Of The Monkey (or Eagle)
    Hands: Razzeric's Racing Grips
    Waist: PvP boots
    Legs: Petrospill Leggings
    Feet: PvP Boots
    Ring 1: PvP Ring
    Ring 2: Tundra Ring of The Monkey (or Eagle)
    Ring Alt:: Seal of Slyvanas
    Ring Alt:: Plains Ring
    Trinket 1: Arena Grand Master x2
    Trinket 2 / Alt: PvP Trinket
    Ranged Weapon: Reward From Quest : Choose based on Play Style
    Weapon: PvP Staff
    Weapon Alt: Torture Poker x2

You can get eagle or monkey, depending on how you play and if you find yourself running our of mana often. I went Monkey on everything since I did Arena ALOT, and did the usual which involved a need for dodge and Armor. ( More Later )

ENCHANTS:

Head: I put a +100 HP thing on this, though I believe there is a libram for +10 dodge or something, I forget but I'll try and find it.
    Shoulder: That Mail+Chant thing, ( Did They Fix That? ) Use one of the Aldor/Scryer Ones, have a friend do it, Guildmate, whatever.
    Cape: +12 Dodge Though some may want armor, it all depends on you.
    Chest: +150 HP, the chest Piece is ITEM lvl 35+
    Wrist: +9/12 Stamina, You might want AP
    Hands: +15 Agi
    Legs: Nethercleft!
    Feet: Boar's Speed
    Ranged Weapon: Scope +3 Though if scopes work like Nethercleft, a higher lvl can add +12 Damage? Though a BOE Weapon would be Needed.
    Weapon: Either + Agi, +Int, or + AP if you went with the staff ( Details Below ) I went with +Agi.
    Weapon Alt: You could also get two weapons ( PvP sword and w/e maybe dagger if lazy ) and get +15 agi on each.

PLAY STYLE:

• I played BGs relying on my pet ( Talked about in a bit ) to catch attention until the idiot finally realized me in which time I did what any hunter would : Concussive shot -> Serpent Sting -> Run.
    • Learn to jump shoot, Had a macro for that, i'll see if i can remake it. It's pretty much jumping, making a 180 turn, shooting in midair, then turning the other 180 degrees back to the original direction as you run. Any hunter can kite forever if really needed. More useful in Arena when the majority of it is 2v2.
    • In Chose a staff for the stats and slow speed. There's also a nice 2H Axe and sword, but this was easier to get.. ^^. The most I ever use melee was when i wing clipped and then ran, so it's best to have a hard hit but slower speed if you're not going to hit much.
    • Always use Hunter's Mark when chased in BG, grabs a little attention from your team, strengthens them against the chaser, and prevents them from stealthing successfully.

BG Specific Tips:

• In Arathi basin, I only went for HKs and didn't give a crap about the score ( at least after I got all my tokens ). So The place I was almost 90% found at as the Mine. It lies on an open area ( PERFECT for Kiting ), has only 2 access ways ( alliance and horde sides ) unlike the Blacksmith which can have you running into an enemy.
    • IN WSG, Much like AB, I didn't care for the flag either. Just killed people. I'd suggest hanging out at the entrance to either faction's tunnel. Easy way to Clip + mark a target then run away from them with space.

PET:
    • In BGs, I used a Boar Like anyone else would and for the same reasons. Having a staff, I lacked melee abilities. Cats + Serpents generally are better for +DPS, fine but they work best when someone else has aggro. The boar's charge stun was like a Concshot w/o a cooldown. Worked charms and saves lives.
    • In Arenas, i used a Boar or Turtle, sounds dumb. Probably was. But i found it a great way to take attention off me. With a dumb looking turtle attacking them 9/10 people attack it. Meanwhile, i'd pop up and WTFPWNT.

I'll Add More Later.
    Last edited by Herzeleid; 08-19-2007 at 09:48 PM.
    I Wonder why Errage, Dragonsky, and Conflag Pretend to Be Girls. Little Creepy in my Opinion.

29 Twink Hunter Guide
    Maverike's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 29 Twink Hunter Guide

Why the hell yould you waste your time getting torturing pokerx2?? Useless for a hunter and a very rare drop. I'd suggest using the butcher+Scout's blade, both with +15 agi. Those will beat out any other set stat wise, and since you wont be melee'ing all you need are the stats.

Herzeleid's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Maverike View Post
    Why the hell yould you waste your time getting torturing pokerx2?? Useless for a hunter and a very rare drop. I'd suggest using the butcher+Scout's blade, both with +15 agi. Those will beat out any other set stat wise, and since you wont be melee'ing all you need are the stats.
    Some go survival spec, very nice turn out. I went marks. Some like the constant raptor and mongoose attack.

And i got 2 Torturing Pokers in 3 runs of SM grave for my rogue.

True, +15 agi is a good idea. But +35 Agi on a staff sounds a bit better....
    I Wonder why Errage, Dragonsky, and Conflag Pretend to Be Girls. Little Creepy in my Opinion.

Debt's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice guids, a lot like mine but with links etc, good work and +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Debt View Post
    Nice guids, a lot like mine but with links etc, good work and +rep
    thanks, and thanks for actually giving it instead of just saying it <3

Srry if it feels like i took your idea, but i assure you I made this from scrath myself.

Thanks, feel free to suggest additions

Elopedwin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks i have a 27 huter that im twinking and i wondered where to get those quest twink items. +Rep

Dathellen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I built my smexy hunter:
    http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/ch...=Eonar&n=Lazur

Survival is amazing for 29 pvp, with deterence, stone form, aspect of the monkey, and wing clip - I'm one hell of a beast.

97036's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my huntard, it's not done yet but I'm working on it:
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Kitemod

OT: Nice guide, +rep

edit: you cant get +35 agi on your staff... it's not 35+!
    Last edited by 97036; 08-15-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by 97036 View Post
    This is my huntard, it's not done yet but I'm working on it:
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Kitemod

OT: Nice guide, +rep

edit: you cant get +35 agi on your staff... it's not 35+!
    True, damn, forgot those TBC things had level req.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i dont hold it against ya, as i have said before any good decent guide will have similarities with others

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Debt View Post
    Well i dont hold it against ya, as i have said before any good decent guide will have similarities with others
    thanks

Maverike's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing is going to give you more agi and stam then Butcher+Scouts, another viable option is getting Butcher/scouts+a Zealot blade. Theres an alliance 2h sword that you can get from darkshire that you could put +70ap or +35 agi on.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That does have shit melee stats, but the butcher/scout's blade gives more than that overall

minibite's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ty soo much

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by minibite View Post
    ty soo much
    Np.

/whistle