2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Primal water in Cata, still a decent money maker

Well some of you who played during TBC remember how much gold you could earn with fishing Mote of Water from pools in Nagrand. For those days making 1K+ gold/hours was amazing. Yesterday I decided co clear my bank and to destroy/sell items i dont need anymore and that are taking my bags. So after I found out that I had about 12 Primal Water and decided to sell. I posted some stupid/insane amount or I though it was. So after few min I sold all for a price of 44g/pcs. I went to the AH to check the price and was amazed that they sell for >100g/pcs. I remembered the old days, went to Nagrand and decided to farm few and see how much can i get in certain amount of time. So after some 30min i got little more then 5 stacks of Mote of Water, or 5 Primal water. That about 1000g/hour. Also I was rather slow in farming, and forgot that mobs around lakes, Skysong lake for example also drop Mote of Water. After I realized that i farmed 4 Primal Water in some 10min, thats about 24 Primal Water in 60min, give or take few. If they sell for 100G/pcs thats 2000g/hour. I know that there are many guides with this and it is server depended but there is no competition with this or I havent seen anyone during that time.

Proof that they do sell, and the amount i sold. I know it is server depended but well

Just when i started a timer, showing empty bags.

Where you need to farm. Lake next to Sunspring Post, water around Halaa, lake around Garadar and ledge behind Throne of the elements.

After 30min of farming. As I said i ignored adds but if you kill them and loot you can get 2x as much Primal Water.

I know it is a repost but it was posted more then 2 years ago, I know I could necro the thread but i decided to make new. If you feel it has to be closed, then report it.
    Last edited by markons; 03-15-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Primal Air in Cata, still a decent money maker
    Azraeil's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best place is up near the throne elements, beside water there are the other 3 elements as well there, and you don't lose so much time whit flying to other spots since they have a fast spawn. You should change your title to primal mates then air since you shown only water. The price mostly depends on the server and faction, on my server the primal fire cost very much like 150g a piece.

welshdom's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you post says primal air yet you are farming primal water

throne of the elements is indeed a good place to farm these, they are like all mats that are used in profession leveling though on most servers some of the things sell hihgh especially if they are needed for a certain recipie or only recipie that can get you skill points

smusen's Avatar Elite User Professional Scumbag CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    8/63
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My realms price

Primal Air: 170g each
    Primal Water: 90g each

I approve.
    Last edited by smusen; 03-14-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Cecu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    121/20
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my server (EU English):
    Primal Air selling for 150-200g (~5x on daily basis)
    Primal Water selling for 200-300g (5-10x everyday)

markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by welshdom View Post
    you post says primal air yet you are farming primal water

throne of the elements is indeed a good place to farm these, they are like all mats that are used in profession leveling though on most servers some of the things sell hihgh especially if they are needed for a certain recipie or only recipie that can get you skill points
    Yeah I was an idiot but when i realized it it was 2 late That was yesterday, fixed now :P

thanks
    Last edited by markons; 03-15-2012 at 03:17 AM.