Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultimate Mass Milling/ink Making macros/script that work in background.

The Scribe's Dream Guide

*Moderators... I had a tough time deciding whether to put this in the guides or Tools forum... eventually I decided this felt much more like a guide, so please move if I should've placed over there. TY*

QUICK FEATURES LIST
    1. Mass Milling up to 240 stacks of herbs whilst afk
    2. Makes all Inferno and Blackfallow Inks whilst afk
    3. Refills your bag from the mailbox with new herbs to mill and ink whilst afk
    4. Single key press strokes that are just like you hitting the button on your keyboard.
    5. Milling keystroke timers are randomized to make it seem more human.
    6. All actions are done in the background!!!
    7. If you have 2 accounts, you can play WOW on 2nd account and this will still work in background for 1st.

This is no ordinary mass milling script. Basically, after searching everywhere I can on the internet, the most I could find was background millers/prospecting scripts, but that was all they did. I was unhappy with this and wanted something that did more. As a result, I decided to build up something myself. This was not an easy task from someone with zero background in computer programming. So, while this may not be as clean as a lot of others' scripts, it gets the job done well.

This script will MILL initially up to 90 stacks of herbs in your bags. But, from there it will then make all the inferno inks, then all the blackfallow inks. But THAT IS NOT ALL!!! This is the neat part. Next, the script will re-fill your bags with herbs from your mailbox and re-peat the process. Except this time the script takes into consideration less bag space and the timers are adjusted accordingly. Overall, once you get it started, this script will push through as much as 240 stacks of herbs and it runs for about 1 hr 45 minutes. On top of that, it RUNS IN THE BACKGROUND

**DISCLAIMER**

This program purely works so it is the same as just you pushing the keys on your keyboard to do it all, BUT, with that being said, it IS still a fully automated setup, and while it being a borderline harmless one, it is automated and therefore against WOW's TOS and could be bannable, however unlikely that might be. Remember, Blizz's policy is 1 button, 1 action. I can't personally foresee any reason why this would possibly draw any attention though, just giving you a friendly warning. I do it on an alt on my main's account and I am not worried at all personally.

THE GUIDE

STEP #1 - MACROS SETUP

*IMPORTANT*
    You are going to create 4 Macros and you must have 1 addon installed. I will put them in Order for you to copy/paste, but what you need to do is place them on the same exact action bar in positions 1,2,3, & 4

MACRO #1 - Milling (Action bar position 1)

Code:
    #showtooltip milling
    /cast milling
    /use whiptail
    /use Cinderbloom
    /use Twilight Jasmine
    /use Stormvine
    /use heartblossom
    /use Azshara's Veil
    *NOTE* : I personally just use Whiptail as it sells for 20-25g a stack on my server with massive supply, and produces more yield than Cinderbloom, which sells for 20g a stack. All other herbs are still upwards of 60-80g a stack on my server. It's your call really, especially if you do your own farming. The timing of this script is timed around the high yield herbs.

MACRO #2 - Inferno Inks (Action bar position 2)

Code:
    #show Burning Embers
    /cast Inscription
    /run for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)=="Inferno Ink" then DoTradeSkill(i, GetItemCount("Burning Embers")/2) break end end
    *NOTE* : This macro will select "CREATE ALL" for the inferno inks.

MACRO #3 - Blackfallow Inks (Action bar position 3)

Code:
    #show Ashen Pigment
    /cast Inscription
    /run for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do if GetTradeSkillInfo(i)=="Blackfallow Ink" then DoTradeSkill(i, GetItemCount("Ashen Pigment")/2) break end end
    *NOTE* : This macro will select "CREATE ALL" for the Blackfallow Inks.

MACRO #4 - Mailbox Item Retrieval

Code:
    /click PostalOpenAllButton
    *NOTE* : This macro will ONLY work if you have the addon "POSTAL" installed and your mailbox is currently open. It is strongly advised that you clear your mailbox of all but herbs or you will lose valuable bag space Unwantingly. PLEASE INSTALL THE ADDON if you haven't yet. You can find it HERE

Also, it is essential that you change 1 setting in POSTAL. Make sure to select to have at least 3 bag spaces left open as seen in this picture (often when selecting 2 it bugs and only leaves 1).

STEP #2 - AUTO HOT KEY (AHK)

Now this is where the tricky stuff is, at least it was for me. Autohotkey is a really neat program that many people use as a shortcut. In fact, it's much more designed for creating awesome hotkeys and shortcuts for things in Windows. If you want to run this script, you need AHK to be installed (though I WILL be giving you an .exe as well). You can find the link on THIS PAGE HERE I wrote the program in 32-bit, not the 64-bit because I wanted it to be compatible with as many of you as possible, so keep that in mind. You Win 7 64 bit users should be fine running it, but if I had chosen to write it in 64-bit it would not be compatible with the XP/Vista 32 bit users.

I will give you a TWO options how to run this, as a Win.exe or straight as a script through AHK

FIRST
    *NOTE* : After installing the program, right click your desktop and select "New > Autohotkey Script." From there, just copy and paste the following script:

Code:
     ;                   
    ; BACKGROUND MILLING AND INK MAKING - A SCRIBE'S DREAM COME TRUE! v 1.0
    ; Author          Sklug (Sorn originaly created lines 14-38 for duel-boxing.com to set main wow window, all other code is mine).
    ; Requird Addon:  POSTAL
    ;NOTE: This is first posted on OWNEDCORE.COM forums. PM me there if you have suggestions.
    ;
    ;SCRIPT FUNCTION:
    ;	Allows you to mill roughly 240 stacks of herbs and create all inks in the background.
    ;		- yes, it does grab more stacks from mailbox.
    ;		- yes, you can play another copy of WOW whilst this mills in background.

;BEFORE YOU START - you MUST have at least 2 free bag slots and have mailbox open.

SplashTextOn, 290, , Finding your main WOW window for milling magic :)
    Sleep, 3000 
    SplasHtextoff 

WinGet, wowid, List, World of Warcraft ;Setting unique IDs for each WOW window if more than 1

;Minimize the WOW windows to determine which one is your main
    WinMinimize, ahk_id %wowid1% 
    WinMinimize, ahk_id %wowid2% 

WinActivate, ahk_id %wowid1% ;Determine Main Milling vs Secondary WOW window

;This is essential so you can play WOW on 1 account and be background milling on another.
    SoundPlay, %A_WinDir%\Media\Windows Exclamation.wav
    MsgBox, 4,, Is this your WOW window for Milling? (press Yes or No) 
    IfMsgBox Yes 
       idMain = %wowid1% 
    else 
       idMain = %wowid2% 

If idMain = %wowid1% 
    { 
       idClone = %wowid2% 
    } else { 
       idClone = %wowid1% 
    } 

;Activate All WOW windows 
    WinActivate, ahk_id %idMain% 
    WinActivate, ahk_id %idClone% 
    sleep, 2000

SoundPlay, %A_WinDir%\Media\Windows Exclamation.wav
    MsgBox, 1,, Please have 2 bag spaces available and have mailbox open (press OK to continue) 
    IfMsgBox Ok
    	sleep 500
    else
    	ExitApp

SplashTextOn, 330, , The 'PAUSE' button will pause/unpause the script at any time.
    	Sleep, 5000 
    SplasHtextoff 

;ROUND 1 MILLING

Random, rand, 3100, 3300  ; Makes the macro command input more human

Loop 365 ; Accounts for 90 herb stacks (90x4=360) +5 room for error
    {
        ControlSend,, 1, ahk_id %idMain% 
    	Sleep %rand%
    }

ControlSend,, 2, ahk_id %idMain% ; Inferno INks
    	Sleep 300000 ; 5 min (1 min higher than needed avg, but error room for good procs)
    		ControlSend,, {Space}, ahk_id %idMain% ;This just breaks crafting on very rare occasions needed so you can move to next step.
    			Sleep 2000 ; 2 sec
    		ControlSend,, 3, ahk_id %idMain%	; Blackfallow Ink
    	Sleep 1200000 ; 20 min - roughly 1.5 to 2 min avg higher than needed, but room for high procs luck

; ROUND 2 - MORE HERBS

;Pull all mail from inbox with Postal addon with 2-3 spaces open
    ControlSend,, 4, ahk_id %idMain%
    sleep 150000 ; Delay gives enough time for mailbox to refresh after 50 stacks and pull more.

;Back to Milling with diminishing returns

Loop 230 ; Accounts for 55 herb stacks +5 room for error
    {
    	Sleep %rand%
    }

Sleep 210000 ; 3 min 30 sec (45 sec higher than needed avg, but error room for good procs)
    		ControlSend,, {Space}, ahk_id %idMain% ;This just breaks crafting on very rare occasions needed so you can move to next step.
    			Sleep 2000 ; 2 sec
    	Sleep 810000 ; 13 min 30 sec - roughly 1 to 1.5 min avg higher than needed, but room for high procs luck

; ROUND 3 - MORE HERBS

sleep 70000 ; Delay gives enough time for mailbox to pull roughly 35-40 stacks needed.

Loop 165 ; Accounts for 40 herb stacks +5 room for error
    {
    	Sleep %rand%
    }

Sleep 180000 ; 3 min (45 sec higher than needed avg, but error room for good procs)
    		ControlSend,, {Space}, ahk_id %idMain% ;This just breaks crafting.
    			Sleep 2000 ; 2 sec
    	Sleep 540000 ; 9 min - roughly 1 to 1.5 min avg higher than needed, but room for high procs luck

; ROUND 4 - MORE HERBS

sleep 45000 ; 45 sec Delay gives enough time for mailbox to pull roughly 25 stacks needed.

Loop 105 ; Accounts for 25 herb stacks +5 room for error
    {
    	Sleep %rand%
    }

Sleep 120000 ; 2 min (45 sec higher than needed avg, but error room for good procs)
    			Sleep 2000 ; 2 sec
    	Sleep 390000 ; 6.5 min - roughly 1 min avg higher than needed, but room for high procs luck

; ROUND 5 - MORE HERBS

sleep 30000 ; 30 sec Delay gives enough time for mailbox to pull roughly 15 stacks needed.

Loop 64 ; Accounts for 15 herb stacks +4 room for error
    {
    	Sleep %rand%
    }

Sleep 60000 ; 1 min (20 sec higher than needed avg, but error room for good procs)
    			Sleep 2000 ; 2 sec
    	Sleep 180000 ; 3 min - roughly 1 min avg higher than needed, but room for high procs luck

Loop 3
    {	
    	SoundPlay, %A_WinDir%\Media\chimes.wav
    	Sleep 1000
    }
    MsgBox, 1,, Your Scribe's work is done!  Plz help me improve this.  Press 'Ok' to give suggestions, or 'Cancel' to exit.
    IfMsgBox Ok
    	 Run  http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-guides/341134-ultimate-mass-milling-ink-making-macros-script-work-background.html

else
    		ExitApp

;Script Controls for User
    	Pause::Pause   ; Toggle Pause button to pause and unpause script.
    SECOND
    *NOTE* : I have already compiled this script into .exe -- though doing so puts this much more into the "bot" territory than it just being a keystroke generator. With that being said, there is an advantage to it too (and correct me if I am wrong) since it is in a win.exe format as its own standalone program, WARDEN, Blizz's anti-cheat and semi invasive PC scanner, it will not be scanning AHK. It will see this one, but it won't know what it is thus not flagging your account.

*NOTE* : You can find the file DOWNLOAD HERE

WARNING: I highly recommend re-naming the file into something else so the program remains an unknown in your processes when WARDEN scans your active processes in Windows.

STEP #3 - LAST INFO YOU NEED TO RUN IT

Ok, so at this point you should have 4 macros setup, each placed on bars 1,2,3, and 4; You should have autohotkey installed on your computer with the script copied over into a new file, and you should have the "POSTAL" addon installed. If you have these things, you are ready to go.

FINAL IMPORTANT REVIEW BEFORE YOU START

[1] You NEED to be standing by a mailbox with it open before starting.
    [2]Your profession window does NOT need to be open, this will do it for you.

[3]All your herbs must be in perfect stacks divisible by 5, as all scribes know, milling does not work and will get stuck if it tries to mill something less.
    [4] Some people may need to run the program as an administrator. I have not had to myself, but it may be necessary for some.
    [5] You need to be playing the game "Windowed" in your graphics settings.
    [6] As far as I have seen this works with WOW minimized, but
    it occasionally bugs at the mailbox not sure why. But, with it just smaller and in the background, you can still play other games. I often play WOW on my 2nd account whilst this is doing its work.

[7]Don't forget to ensure that the "POSTAL" addon is installed and configured properly as noted above.

Finally, remember this ONE last thing, please let me know if you have any ideas on how to improve this script or if you notice any bugs. Right now I will continue to work on getting the timing better, but overall it works. It's a nice feeling to come back to full bags filled with ink!

ENJOY
    Last edited by Sklug; 07-17-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Ultimate Mass Milling/ink Making macros/script that work in background.
    jmulhern345's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +REP
    Good work.
    Might use then when i get Unbanned

kozzzan's Avatar Knight
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well written i must say, well done.
    First thing tomorrow imma try it out
    +rep

Disec's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    13/2
    Trade Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This still works very good, sorry for the necro just came upon this guide via google and it makes milling a lot better!

notthebestusernamer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, this looks amazing.
    I just spent hours single click milling (as mass is bugged atm) and then making inks. Being able to do this in the background, on a second account, would make me so much gold / save me so much time.

Is OP still around? Or anyone else good enough with coding to making this work for BFA?

I think I could change all the herb/ink names throughout it, and remove the "/2" as you have a 1:1 ratio of pigments:inks now, and it would function at a basic level.
    But the timings as stacks are 200 now, and having an option for a third type of ink to create, would just go way over my head.
    I'm willing to buy someone a beer for this if it still works / isn't an instant ban / can modify for bfa xoxo

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: how is mass mill broken?
    2: holy crap on a cracker, 3 year necropost ona 3 year old necropost.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

7. Thanks Ginchy (1 members gave Thanks to TehVoyager for this useful post)
    Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I don't really maintain this anymore... was surprised to see this necro lol - Seems mostly useless since the creation of mass milling.

phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    1: how is mass mill broken?
    2: holy crap on a cracker, 3 year necropost ona 3 year old necropost.
    Anchor Weed mass milling is broken. If you single mill it will yield 1-4 viridescent pigment per stack 5 of but will ALWAYS yield at least 1. So with that logic, if you mass mill a stack of 20 you should get at minimum 4, right? Well, no. For whatever reason, you have the possibility of only getting 1, 2, or 3 pigments instead of what the minimum should be (4).

More info here: Ow! -- reddit.com

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imho, thats the price you pay for convieienve. do it fast and have sloppy work, do it right and get better results. imo should be working as intended. an unpopular opinion, i know.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)