Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big money off Inscription with minimal effort.

Hey all, didn't see anything like this and just decided to make a quick guide on making money as an inscriptionist. Yes I know this is not the fastest way of making gold but for very minimal time and effort it is a nice way to make a bit of extra gold.

Firstly you are going to want 450 inscription, I do this off my level 65 mage.

Second, You want to find the cheapest out of these herbs on your realm. Azshara's Veil, Cinderbloom, Deathspore Pod, Heartblossom, Stormvine, Twilight Jasmine, Whiptail

On my realm it is Stormvine at just over 28g/stack, Second is cinderbloom at 33g/stack Or if you have a herblist you don't need to buy the herbs at all.

I started with 1072 gold in my bag, I spent 937 on stormvine.

Set up a macro like this to save your clicking energy and the hassle of moving your mouse back and forth.
    Code:
    /cast milling
    /use Stormvine <-- change this to the herb you are using.
    You can spam this key or set up a key spamming program to click it every 1 - 1.1 seconds depending on your ms and how many stacks you actually have.. Btw Make sure Auto-Loot is turned on!

After milling them all I had 345 Ashen Pigments, you now turn these into Blackfallow Ink.

Now buy an equal amount of Resilient Parchment to the amount of Blackfallow Ink you have and make all the fortune cards you can! Make sure you leave some cash left over when you buy herbs for Resilient Parchment as the vendor sells it for about 8g/stack.

This will take a while depending on how many fortune cards you are making.

Now get selling, chose trade or the AH either works. I usually undercut my competitors buy only about 90 silver and they sell pretty quick especially if you advertise in trade about them and that you may get a *links 5k fortune card*.

On my server fortune cards go for 13g/ea selling them at the market price I will more than double the gold I started with!

This is just a tip, I advise you sell them in stacks of 10. Selling them singly will flood the market and you will be prone to undercutting. Selling them in huge stacks will put most people off buying it they don't want to spend too much on "gambling" I would say stacks of 5 or 10 are a nice size to sell at.

Remember the profit you gain is entirely dependent on your servers economy but I am yet to see a realm where the mats for the card are more than the card its self so you should make profit on any realm but make sure you check the prices before doing this anyway!

Less than an hour after this guide was posted all of these 10 stacks were brought out.
    Apparently a few people on this forum are blind THESE AUCTIONS BELOW ARE STACKS OF 10 NOT SINGLE CARDS.
    Last edited by Traxex84; 04-12-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Picture edit: Had name in it.

Big money off Inscription with minimal effort.
    Sarick's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traxex84's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize that now but his guide is pretty scrappy and non descriptive it also uses a few different methods e.g. buying Blackfallow ink=less profit. Will keep this here.

Chronocake's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I *might* post a very comprehensive guide to using inscription for making tons of money, Iv'e made ~20k on my mid pop server with my method in the last week.

Would anyone be interested in such a thing?

zTorrentz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be Chronocake. I also wanted to say on my server (Bloodhoof) I found it to be more profitable for me to do as you said Traxex84 but take the extra step turn the cards in to fortune cookies. This is because the difference between them is about 6g on my server for another 20c per stack netting a lot more profit. This how ever could be highly server dependent.

moor2's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    d´oh @ MFC´s for 105g oO

they goes for like 10g/one in my server

Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are 13g/per on my realm not sure why it didn't show the stack size but those brought out cards are 10 stacks.

Originally Posted by zTorrentz View Post
    I would be Chronocake. I also wanted to say on my server (Bloodhoof) I found it to be more profitable for me to do as you said Traxex84 but take the extra step turn the cards in to fortune cookies. This is because the difference between them is about 6g on my server for another 20c per stack netting a lot more profit. This how ever could be highly server dependent.
    Thought about doing that but didn't know the price of the cookies as I never seen them on the AH.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that these sell for like 8-10g on my server each.... if they were selling for 100g each like yours this could've been useful

Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you actually bothered to read you would see that they are 10-13g ea the 105g auctions were stacks of 10...

lighty1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After I made that thread, the prices went down to 10-20g just in a few days so you wont go long with this anymore tbh. In the start this was awesome tho.

Thanks G/R
    1/25
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah been doing it for like 2 months now decided to make a guide for it, the profits aren't as great but I can pretty much double my gold each time I do it assuming the cards sell. It is not my main source of income but it is a nice little bonus.

bluesius's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Traxex84 View Post
    If you actually bothered to read you would see that they are 10-13g ea the 105g auctions were stacks of 10...
    Oh, so your the person holding the smoking gun; after the entire fortune card market went from 200g a card to 5 g a card?!!??!!

OT: nice guide, you even put your own pics up. +rep for the effort, but as said earlier, the core concept you are revealing here, has already been posted.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately these prices have plummeted on my server and they are literally like 3g each lol

So, 100 of them for only 300g =(

DeathComesForU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/27
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when this was just found out. I could sell them for 300g each. EACH. It's so bleh now.
    (Think I made near 70k in two days off them, lol)

by iKawn

thundermachine's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    works great
    made 4660 g in like 1-2 hours with this method
    I rly could recommend this technique to everybody .
    good job out there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast