Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feral dps druid 4.0.3a

Hey

Talent spec

The best PvE spec so far is this talent spec

There ain't really a second viable raiding specc, but some talents such as Brutal Impact can be changed if your guild is filled with proper stunners / interrupters

Stats

A short list of a buffed feral druids dps increase from your items

DPS: 3.88

Agi: 2.57

Str: 2.00

AP: .96

Mastery: .91

Haste: .82

Crit: .75

Exp: .71

Hit: .71

Dps on your weapon is the main dps stat atm, since it boost our direct dmg abilities such as mangle and shred

Next up is agility due to the fact that i boost our attack power, crit and dodge

Then we have strengh. Some might wonder why but like agility, strengh also provides 2 attack power p strengh

Attack power is on 4th place because it simply increases everything we do as a feral

Mastery takes the 5th place due to the fact that our mastery increases our bleed damage which is our main damage

Haste, because it makes our bleeds tick faster, faster energy recovery and faster attack speed
    Critical strike rating, simply because crit is nice ^^

Hit/expertise are weak stats since we get energy refunds on miss/dodge, dots cannot miss once applied, auto attack is a low percentage of our damage

Consumeables

Skewered Ell is our best food atm, the 90 agility is a nice boost and 90 stam never hurt anyone
    Atm both Fathom Eel and Skewered Ell goes for around 100g on my server currently

Flask wise you wanna use Flask of the winds wich sells for around 130g currently

Gems and Enchants

Fleet Shadowspirit Diamond should be used as our meta gem
    Sensei's Dream Emerald should only be used for activating the meta gem
    Delicate Inferno Ruby should be used for every other slot

Enchant 2H Weapon - Mighty Agility (130 agility) by far the best for our weapon
    Enchant Gloves - Mighty Strength slightly better than any other
    Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike best cloak enchant atm
    Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats 20 all stats
    Draconic Embossment - Agility 130 agility is BY FAR the best enchant for bracers, i'd strongly suggest every feral to reroll leatherworking for now
    Arcanum of the Ramkahen Exalted ramkahen head enchant
    Greater Inscription of Shattered Crystal Exalted Therezane shoulder enchant
    Dragonbone Leg Reinforcements assuming your a LW, else there's a mutual boe one aswell
    Enchant Boots - Mastery 50 mastery

Rotation

If you wanna be a good feral druid, you've gotta let go of the thought "rotation", since we are a class that adapt to our combo points. But there is still some proper openers

Feral Charge (Cat) -> Faerie fire -> Ravage -> Mangle -> Tiger's Fury -> Rake -> If 5 cp Rip else fill witha a shred -> Shred -> Savage Roar -> Berserk

After that it's a priority race. Rip > Rake > Savage roar. Those 3 abilities are vital, but make sure to keep mangle up and then fill with shred

Note that you should ONLY use Ferocious Bite when you got Berserking going, since it's my personal preference that it ruins my bleed uptime by a little

Another thing to take into account is that Savage Roar last very long, and therefore is only needed to be popped at 1-3 combo points

The best idea i can give you to maximise your dps output is to try as good as you can to pop your bleeds while Tiger's Fury is up for 12% stronger bleeds

Conclusion

Druids are atm extremely powerfull if you manage to keep your bleed uptime close to a 100%

I've made a heroic dungeon BiS for those who are interested

Use this The best PvE specc so far is this talent specc

This is how your dps % should look like

A small pic of my guild, to prove im not a complete scrub ^^

Let me know if anyone is interested in a Feral tanking guide, or simply has any other inputs
    Last edited by Geezuz; 01-13-2011 at 08:15 AM.

Feral dps druid 4.0.3a
    Vyre's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be sweet if you set this stuff up nicely, with colors etc, so it's easier to read, you know it's more interesting to read etc.

Enchants and gems etc would also be nice for this to actually be a full guide, instead of just small parts you found somewhere, or own opinions (If you want to take stuff from EJ, just make it look nicer).

Geezuz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vyre View Post
    Would be sweet if you set this stuff up nicely, with colors etc, so it's easier to read, you know it's more interesting to read etc.

Enchants and gems etc would also be nice for this to actually be a full guide, instead of just small parts you found somewhere, or own opinions (If you want to take stuff from EJ, just make it look nicer).

Gems and enchant are in the premade HC list but will edit it asap^^

Unohdus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should add something about glyphs and remove those bloody stat weights. Your stat weights change depending on your own stats, instead I would advice to write something about each stat and tell how to priorize them. I also think you should be more specific and leave your own oppinions aside with "rotation" (ferocious bite without berserk for example is a major dps increase if used carefully). Your meta gem choice is not optimal for pure dps since this one doesnt require you to gem anything but red gems. Overall this guide needs improving but its not that bad.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, you said you wanted everyone to reroll LW in the enchanting part...

As i remember, atleast back in wotlk they fixed ALL the professions so in the end all the professions almost gave exactly the same stat changes (non gathering and excluding engineering mby more dont remember)

So, JC's and BS etc you still get the same benefits as if you were a LW, it's not really needed, the bonuses should all be the same

kickasskid54's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All stats especially for feral are relative, it depends on what gear you are running among other things. The main thing you go for as a feral druid (DPS), weapon damage is your top priority.

Talent spec;
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Stat Priorities are completely wrong.
    1. Agility
    2. Mastery
    3. Crit
    4. Haste

Hit and expertise are useless until you hard cap crit, under crit hard cap (72%) misses are basically converted into regular hits, above crit cap, hit/exp allows you to crit more.

Gems
    Still want the Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
    Fill every socket bonus that offers 20 or more agi.

Consumables;
    Make sure you are using Potion of the Tol'vir

Enchants;
    Boots > Agility

Rotation;
    When you feral charge in save your ravage until you need it, if you don't need it, use it with 1s remaining. Open with a rake, then a mangle (this causes less of a delay between the pull and first rake tick), you want to make sure that your mangle is up when rake ticks first.

Your priorities are as originally posted, always keep up FF and Mangle, followed by Rake and Rip (5CP). Do not cut your dots, it won't cause them to tick less, but it is wasted energy. Shred on OOC, SR > FB. On berserk, only use Ferocious Bite above 80 energy, regardless of how many CP is stacked up, never use FB on OOC. Below 25% you always take a FB over an SR, at 5CP always FB, unless you rip falls off, then refresh the rip.

Use SR at 4CP, if you go from 3-5 CP on a crit, thats even better, only SR at 1/2 CP, when it is about to fall off.

Pictures are misleading, especially one of Halfus, in which you get 50% more damage done to the boss per drake engaged.

Glyphs
    Tiger's Fury
    Rip
    Shred

Source: Myself, I place top10 on world parses for most 25m normal fights, and most 10m normal fights.
    Last edited by kickasskid54; 01-14-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Geezuz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kickasskid54 View Post
    All stats especially for feral are relative, it depends on what gear you are running among other things. The main thing you go for as a feral druid (DPS), weapon damage is your top priority.

Talent spec;
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Stat Priorities are completely wrong.
    1. Agility
    2. Mastery
    3. Crit
    4. Haste

Hit and expertise are useless until you hard cap crit, under crit hard cap (72%) misses are basically converted into regular hits, above crit cap, hit/exp allows you to crit more.

Gems
    Still want the Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
    Fill every socket bonus that offers 20 or more agi.

Consumables;
    Make sure you are using Potion of the Tol'vir

Enchants;
    Boots > Agility

Rotation;
    When you feral charge in save your ravage until you need it, if you don't need it, use it with 1s remaining. Open with a rake, then a mangle (this causes less of a delay between the pull and first rake tick), you want to make sure that your mangle is up when rake ticks first.

Your priorities are as originally posted, always keep up FF and Mangle, followed by Rake and Rip (5CP). Do not cut your dots, it won't cause them to tick less, but it is wasted energy. Shred on OOC, SR > FB. On berserk, only use Ferocious Bite above 80 energy, regardless of how many CP is stacked up, never use FB on OOC. Below 25% you always take a FB over an SR, at 5CP always FB, unless you rip falls off, then refresh the rip.

Use SR at 4CP, if you go from 3-5 CP on a crit, thats even better, only SR at 1/2 CP, when it is about to fall off.

Pictures are misleading, especially one of Halfus, in which you get 50% more damage done to the boss per drake engaged.

Glyphs
    Tiger's Fury
    Rip
    Shred

Source: Myself, I place top10 on world parses for most 25m normal fights, and most 10m normal fights.
    First of all i choose the talent spec since i know that most guilds have a Feral tank wich makes infected wounds completely useless since he's got it.

GG getting 72% crit right now, so your comment on exp and hit is useless aswell

Sorry i missed the potion part

Why wouldn't you use feral charge in the start? Name me 3 Cataclysm fights where you need it within 30 sec of the boss encounter

And btw good for you, for your notice my guild just got rank 1-2-5 in the world on halfus hc, so ...

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Originally Posted by Vyre View Post
    Btw, you said you wanted everyone to reroll LW in the enchanting part...

As i remember, atleast back in wotlk they fixed ALL the professions so in the end all the professions almost gave exactly the same stat changes (non gathering and excluding engineering mby more dont remember)

So, JC's and BS etc you still get the same benefits as if you were a LW, it's not really needed, the bonuses should all be the same
    Yes it prolly will get balanced in patch 4.0.6, but as it is now LW is the best

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Geezuz View Post
    Yes it prolly will get balanced in patch 4.0.6, but as it is now LW is the best
    Ah, okay excuse me then, i thought blizzard actually was smart to think about that before releasing cata :P Well then okay ^^

Unohdus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Geezuz
    GG getting 72% crit right now, so your comment on exp and hit is useless aswell
    Im not sure what you mean by this but expertise and hit are utter shit right now. You avoid them as well as humanly possible. I still see the stat weights. REMOVE them, they're missleading players.

Why wouldn't you use feral charge in the start? Name me 3 Cataclysm fights where you need it within 30 sec of the boss encounter
    And btw good for you, for your notice my guild just got rank 1-2-5 in the world on halfus hc, so ...

How can a person who is unable to understand basic english get into a top guild? Please stop spouting frogs out of your mouth and try to learn how to play a feral before you make a guide, Seriously if some starter feral takes this shit seriously he's gonna become scrub like op.