Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips/Tricks on Playing WoW in the presence of your g/f, wife, partner

Lets start this thread of right 6): <-- ohhhh yeahhhh

Now, contrary to popular belief (i think i used that in the right context) most of you probably do have g/fs , wives or "partners"
    :yuck:

What I'm going to try and assist with are ways to allow you to continue playing WoW when your supposed to be "spending time with your loved one".

So here are some tips and tricks I use to increase my time playing the game I love:

Rule #1

You cant ever ignore your g/f when she asks you something and your focused in on the game. She will instantly get angry that you ignored her. Here's are some things that you should always keep on your tongue in-case she asks something and all you here is BALH BALH BALH

"Let me think about babe"
    "I'm not sure, so how was your day at work?" *Show compassion in your voice*
    "The t.v is so loud I cant hear anything, what was that hun?
    *Pro-tip** Have t.v turned on
    "Yah sure" <-- You never know what this will lead to so be careful, you could be doing the dishes or cutting onions.

Rule #2

It's Friday night and you want to raid, unfortunately your spouse has other plans and your going to be stuck watching "the notebook" or season 4 of "the simple life" /shivers

If you want to get out of these as soon as possible, here's what you do:

1. Tell her that you wanna make it a little party and get some alcohol. In my case, anything frozen with fruit will make them drink faster. Poor a couple extra shots into there drink and counter with lots of sugar (Frozen fruit drinks are supposed to be sweet so she'll never suspect a thing)

Serve them up at the beginning of the movie and make sure you top up when they getting low. Soon enough shell be sauced and most likely falling asleep or getting tired. The perfect time for you to get her some warm blankets and a pillow, then sneak back to your precious computer.

2. You can try and tell her that you have seen said movie a billion times before even if you haven't. While doing this open up a browser and quickly google the plot of the movie and say that "I dont know how many more times I can watch Ryan Gosling kiss Rachel Mcadams in a barn and still find it romantic"... Now quickly say "How bout i cut you up some nice fruit or get u some snacks and if you need me ill be right hear to get anything for you (Which you wont cause shell be busy crying the wholetime, its a sad movie)

Tips on getting more playtime

Ok, this requires a little work but will definitely have your spouse in a good mood will to let you play the game more without disruption. Do these things if there not already done, clean the kitchen/dishes, tidy the living room, and tidy the bathroom. When you g/f comes home from work or school immediately run up to her and say that you wanted to do something nice for her so you cleaned the house (tidy up takes like 5-10mins). Once she smiles say that you are your friends are "working on something online" (gaming) and that you need to use the computer for a few hours. Before she says anything say "So i thought if i cleaned the house for you, you could just take a rest and relax while I do this for a while. You should be free for gaming without any complications.
    **This may only need to be used if your spouse is always ragging on you for spending long hours and you need to get some raid time in***

Continued

This one worked really well for me and is something that we can all achieve (or fake it).

Tell her that your making money by playing WoW, and show her your paypal with some money sent to it. If she believes that all the time you spend playing dumb games is making money then she will be inclined to let you play. You can then say that "Right now Im about to make another sale with some guy". This can also be used at any time for additional reasoning to play longer.

If you really wanna be a sneak, buy her flowers one day an say that WoW was the one who paid for these. you can muster something like

"The more time I play wow making money babe, the more nice things I can get for you. I don't really need to spend the money on myself, your everything I need"

Girls like to "hear things", doesn't mean it needs to happen.

Hope you enjoyed my 1st contribution to this site.

If you have anymore of your own tips feel free to post them in the comments!

I CANNOT BEHELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU ARE LEFT ALONE FOREVER DUE TO THIS GUIDE
    Last edited by aurevoir1; 09-22-2010 at 11:04 AM.

Tips/Tricks on Playing WoW in the presence of your g/f, wife, partner
    Jeremiah's Avatar Former Mod
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily, my girlfriend plays WoW with me, so I don't have to worry about it. XD
    Leecher -> Active -> News Team -> Contrib -> News Team Leader -> Moderator -> Former Mod
    Proud Ownedcore Member 2007-2012

Satzenz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Yah sure" <-- You never know what this will lead to so be careful, you could be doing the dishes or cutting onions.
    True story ._.

Really awesome guide man, freaking hilarious and at the same time just so true

+rep from me

LettersFromWar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could just pay attention to your girlfriend.

soto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    orrrrrr, you could just ditch her, girls<epics imho

skyth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide for those who have no clue about females / are with a girl who hates that you play wow, which is ridiculous imo because you can count this game as your hobby and she should appriciate your interrests if it doesnt go too far. Tho im glad my GF started understand and shes even playing with me now :> Hot gamerchicks > all

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to lie, I'm going to try at least a couple of these out.

+Repx4 for hilarious guide that probably actually works.

Picklesowner's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    manages to be informative and hilarious at the same time :P

xhopesfall20's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm good, convinced gf to play wow... lol.

Kurangis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    girls come and go, epics are soulbound.

Kazin420's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kurangis View Post
    girls come and go, epics are soulbound.
    Wow, you joined in 07, and your first ever post is comedy gold. Been saving your first reply for something really good?

+Rep for making me laugh on your first ever post. I'll see you in 2013 with another witty comment.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg I loved this... I am married, my wife does not play any games at all (although some odd exception for Uncharted games on PS3) and I totally just tried the tidying the house thing and it worked like a charm!!!! HAHAH OMG so funny lol -- ALthough, I spent about 30 minutes tidying because I cleaned the bathroom thoroughly and washed the car, the tidying itself took like 5 min lol... I picked her up from her sister's and brought her home, said your line almost word for word and she says in an exact quote, "Thanks baby, you're so sweet, I am gonna watch a movie." To which she then put in the 5 hr long Pride and Prejudice movie to which I knew she would not finish and fall asleep too. +rep for a month from me lol!!!!

Stephaniex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have guides for babies / kids as well?

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Girlfriend > WoW

Still a funny guide though, thanks for contributing

Ikkarus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aphel View Post
    Luckily, my girlfriend plays WoW with me, so I don't have to worry about it.
    Same here, although I play much more than her and this might work sometimes. LoL
    Great work! More +Rep For this!
    Last edited by Ikkarus; 09-16-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast