0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Hunter] Solo Nexus for Red Winter Hat

Hey, winter veil is here and alot of my guildies are complaining about no-one wanting to group for Nexus to get the Red Winter Hat.. if you happen to be a BM hunter here is a video showing you how easy it is to solo!

Hunter in the video is Level 80 BM Specced hunter with T9 MM raiding gear from Aszune realm named Kruithne. (Not me)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjJgBLTzAT0"]YouTube- [Hunter] Solo Nexus Normal for Red Winter Hat![/ame]
    Last edited by Renyei; 12-16-2009 at 11:54 AM.

[Hunter] Solo Nexus for Red Winter Hat
    Deadnisse's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ur movie doesnt work for me

Renyei's Avatar Contributor Hand of God
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed, work now?

MabusPwns's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I can't stand clicking movies haha.. especially coming from a hunter since I play one. But cool anyway.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by MabusPwns View Post
    Oh, I can't stand clicking movies haha.. especially coming from a hunter since I play one. But cool anyway.
    Some people play differently, I have a hunter myself and I only use the keyboard for primary rotation and other things with mouse.

catstyle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh I have an old video soloing it as survival aswell. never thought it could be usefull, might add it to this post if I can find it. ^^ if thats fine with yah

EDIT: The hunter I used have awful gear aswell, and it was still no issues.
    Is this normal or heroic btw?
    Last edited by catstyle; 12-16-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is in Normal Nexus

catstyle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im actually to lazy to go fetch that video, one huntardvideo is enough.
    Thou for those who want to solo it aswell heres some tips.

As paladin/druid/Deathknight <-- im guessing there is no real need, most things are easymode with those.

Warlocks is probably the same deal as huntard, but a bit easier to CC, harder to keep aggro on pet?
    just chainfear the arcane one since its the painbringer in that trio.

Rogues/warriors will probably have a harder time if its even possible to solo it, never heard of it so far thou.

Shamans
    Those shammys I know have soloed this is using a shield, some ench and some resto.
    Seems like the shield do helps alot, might be doable without. ^^

Source for this solos below is:
    Red Winter Hat - Item - World of Warcraft

For a priest one fellah over at wowhead got this:

-----------------
    By Sensualcake on 12/17/2008 (Patch 3.0.3)I have soloed Grand Magus Telestra as an 80 human shadow priest, decently geared in heroic purples. The hardest part about this solo is actually getting to the boss. Mind control and Mind Soothe are your friends here.

Go into the center room and out the left side. This way, you skip any encounters with the dragonkin. The short hallway leading down to the area with the frozen dudes is your first challenge. Mind control the humanoid, and have it attack the 2 demon dogs. After your MC dies, try and take out the 2 dogs on your own. Using your shadowfiend followed by a Fade should get the dogs off you while you kill them. Divine Hymn should help as well. I don't suggest using your fear since they tend to scatter about and attract other mobs.

After that, make your way past the hall of frozen dudes. No Mind Soothe required. Just stay out of melee range and you should be fine. The short hallway after that area has 2 more dogs and another humanoid. Kill them as per above.

Then you should see 3 humanoids on your left. Mind soothe those and push past to Telestra's room. Take off all your gear to prevent durability damage, mind control one of the four mobs before Telestra, and have them die from the other mobs. After that, let yourself die, re-enter the instance, and make your way back to Telestra. Rinse and repeat with the remaining mobs. Now...the boss.

At level 80, most of her spells should miss you, making the fight alot easier. Put your dots up, along with Vampiric Embrace and DPS her down to 50%. Power Word: Shield when you need to. When she splits, use your Shadowfiend and then fade, so her copies mainly focus on it instead of you. Take down her purple copy first, then use a fear or divine hymn to CC the other 2. DPS them down (which shouldn't take too long) and heal up while she is re-combining her parts.

The last 50% should be pretty simple. If you ever get in a tight spot because of her ice trap spell, don't hesitate to use a PvP trinket (or every man for himself if you're human).

That should net you your red winter hat! Have fun and good luck!
    -----------------

Mages Over at wowhead says this:

-----------------
    By Kazudor on 12/15/2008 (Patch 3.0.3)
    Did grand magus as a frost mage.

I started with ice barrier and fire ward up, waiting a few seconds to bring the fire ward cooldown closer to 0, and then popped water elemental, mirror images and icy veins and just straight dps'ed her until 50%, refreshing ice barrier and fire ward when up.

When she split I sheeped the arcane one and killed the two other adds, they didn't hit me too hard as I remember. When just the sheep was left, I evocated and waited on my icy veins / water ele / mirror image cooldowns, and when they were up I didn't use them yet but killed the sheep. When she reappeared in the middle, I popped all the cooldowns like at the start of the fight and continued to dps her until dead.

Don't forget to dampen magic either.
    -----------------

Another one says this:
    -----------------
    By Justagnome on 12/15/2008 (Patch 3.0.3)
    Soloed grand magus as a mage.. all mobs just a joke frost elem+mirrors pwnz all

Last 4mob pack have spellstealable +15%haste+150spp buff + hot = killemall

Blue geared mages should down boss to 50% sheep 1 add kill other 2, then reship 1st and wait for next elem-coldsnap-IV etc etc etc + bandage if something gone wrong. Then just nuke add and boss.

p.s. dampen=30dmg per aoe tick from boss = nothing.

nothing to elaborate just nuke using spellstealed buff from last trash pack, then use all abilities and down her to 50%... kill 2 adds, reship 3rd for 2 minutes, bandage >> then kill last add and boss
    -----------------