0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olda Stratholme mount farming. Speed run

I've done this myself and made the strat, so I can assure it works and can save you time.

This is a strat to get to baron rivendare from the beginning of strat with in 1-2minutes average and back out again by 2-3 minutes average. I've done this with a timer and have screenies.

FIRST THING IS FIRST IF YOUR A ROGUE.. There have been multiple occasions where I used the insta lockpick glyph to open the gates and them becoming unusable after opening and staying closed permanently, cause I clicked twice. So only click it once. Now for the strat.

Open the gate and run past all the mobs *Avoid everything as much as possible and avoiding everything is possible up to the shortcut and the A-Bombs*
    Open the next 2 gates, go left *map*, and stay to the right side of the street while heading toward the shortcut 'trap'. To save 20 seconds of your time USE A SPEED BOOST OF SOME KIND TO MAKE IT THROUGH and AoE the beetles or aggro dump on the otherside.
    Head NorthWest on the map to the big gate, there should be 3 boxes outside around that area. You want to set off the ones that are traps. [If they're lootable, it won't open the gate] Once you set off 2 of the box traps *again avoid mobs a.m.a.p* and the gates will disappear.

Open 2 or 3 boxes outside of rivendares castle to despawn both the doors inside *Make sure the crates disappear when you set them off*

[IMG]http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/Linklolwut/WoWScrnShot_071609_013948.jpg?t=1247812139[IMG]

Kill baron and hope for the mount. Turn around, go outside

First timed run took me 3 minutes to go in kill baron and out

With raised at a 1% drop rate you should be able to get it within 100 runs (STATISTICALLY) while keeping up the with 5 instance resets an hour timer. Hopefully sooner. Good luck. Flame, high-five, etc. This is a compilation of the tricks on this site with a self performed test-run and hopefully will help people who came in late to wow to know Strat's tricks and boss event mechanics.
    THANK YOU, Sonkist
    Last edited by L!nklolwut?; 07-17-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Olda Stratholme mount farming. Speed run
    idusy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by L!nklolwut? View Post
    FIRST THING IS FIRST IF YOUR A ROGUE. GET THE DAMN KEY. Otherwise it's a given. There have been multiple occasions where I used the insta lockpick glyph to open the gates and them becoming unusable after opening and staying closed permanently. Now for the strat.
    Just make sure you don't double click it, that's what makes it bug

And you should be able to run it a lot fast tbh

EDIT: No wonder, you're not even using the crate trick to get to Baron. You open the crates on the left side of the room with all the Abominations, don't have to kill anything.
    Last edited by idusy; 07-17-2009 at 01:49 AM.

L!nklolwut?'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sonkist View Post
    Just make sure you don't double click it, that's what makes it bug

And you should be able to run it a lot fast tbh

EDIT: No wonder, you're not even using the crate trick to get to Baron. You open the crates on the left side of the room with all the Abominations, don't have to kill anything.
    .. WHAT!?

I .. think I love you... lemme add that to the and credit to thee sir rep

edit: CONFIRMED
    Last edited by L!nklolwut?; 07-17-2009 at 03:20 AM.

heke01's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baron mount

When i farmed this i double clicked boxes it didint got any bug it only did free the spiders, 1st click does open gate.

and it took me 37 runs to get mount

galathius's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    37!!! 37!!! 96th Here, still no mount Most people I see with it have less than 20 runs... it's painful.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely understand how the boxes work now.
    The gates open on the command *doodad gatename* The boxes somehow set that off when the boxes are destroyed. You need 2 for the first 2 gates and 3 yes 3 for the baron castle first one opens ramstein's spawn area 2nd one opens where teh ghouls would come out of on the side and the 3rd opens up baron's last door

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOU CAN EXPLOIT INTO HIDDEN AREA'S with this

It seems every crate despawns a gate, BUT it's whatever it is closest too. You can despawn teh gates where the swarm trap is, the gates to the useless 'exit' portal *I think was an idea to get into naxx but they trashes that thought*, the gates to the 3 mini boss towers.

Every gate and every crate seems to work as a despawn too to everygate in the instance.

But if you want to get to baron fast, you have to use the crates on the RIGHT side of the castle otherwise you'll waste time 'on the left side' despawning the ghoul gate and exit portal gate.

Last edited by L!nklolwut?; 07-17-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Pyrise's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is old news. and a repost. Flame me because i didn't get a link. But you didn't just find this.

wowcool's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Pyrise, this has been reposted a few times and there is still a running thread of this that pops up on the front page almost daily.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ighlight=baron

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-ex...ght=stratholme

Ginchy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    286/110
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice auto attack bro