0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy boosting in Deadmines

So, this is more a tip then a real guide, and allthough lots of peeps will call for "common sense-police", I play this game myself for 4 years now, and how obvious and easy this looks, I never found this out before...

I am busy RaF lvling some chaarcters 1-60. As you know, it is possible to enter the deadmines starting from lvl 10 and boost your chars there to lvl 15 (and up, but it would be best to go stockades at 15)

Now, I hate this instance for boosting. A forgotten peon mining in a corner, a patroll you didn't think of, mage elite mobs casting AoE killing your lowbies; it is an instance full of danger for the small ones out there.
    The crap in the instance is; I always pulled till first boss, killed him so doors opened, went on to 2nd boss and killed him so doors opened etc...

So, I was in Deadmines yesterday and i thought "lets try to kill the bosses and leave all the other mobs, so I can masspull".
    My only fear was that the mobs would reset eventually (not possible in an instance normally, but it happens, try SM Cath or Lib with casters and they will reset everytime on masspull).

This is however not the case.

-> Run in to the deadmines (approach the entrance from the south, so you don't need to take your lowbies all the way through Moonbrook and avoid aggro)

-> Run in to the instance

-> Leave your alt(s) at the entrance once inside

-> On your main, run and kill Rhahk'zor

-> Run towards the goblin room, kill all goblins and Sneed (and his shredder)

-> Kill Gilnid (you will have to kill 2 more goblins with him that aggro)

-> Get the gunpowder and blow up the door to the harbor thingie. Jump in the water to the left and swim towards SMite and WTF pwn him

-> Run up the ramp to the boat and go left, run around the boat (thus pulling cookie) and when you get out at the other side jump over the crates

-> Keep running up the ramps, pull Van Cleef and the minibosses

-> Jump down from the boat at the point where the woodwork touches the boat (at the canons, above the initial ramp where you killed Smite)

-> Run back to the entrance pulling along the most mobs you can + patrolls.

-> By the time Van Cleef and others will catch up, you will be around the goblinroom. Since these crappers stun you, that was the reason I asked you to kill em earlier.

-> Take the damage and kill all the mobs at the entrance where your alts are (don't stand on your alts since the mage elites will cast deadly AoE's)

Advantages:

* Easy to loot all mobs at once
    * No troubles with patrolls or leftover trash killing your adds
    * No alt tabbing too much or no need for dualbox progs if you boost yourself
    * Faster
    * For resetting deadmines its easier to go back to the front, and leave and reset there then run out the back and run to the entrance on the other side again. You don't need to run your alts back and forth so this saves time and effort

If done correctly, while under RaF, you will gain 1.5lvl/pull (approx) so around 1lvl/pull normal. Don't forget to bring a 3th member for groupsbonus.

To all these that found this common sense, my apologies. I never did know this and I am sure others didn't knowthis neither.
    Stuff doesn't need to be complicated to be good :P

Easy boosting in Deadmines
    Kartio's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    7/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (50%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video please.

stormcrowsix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the value of a vido, but I could try and make one in a quickie tonight...
    If someone has the appropriate recording software I can use, please let me know cause it has been a while since I last frapsed