0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] The PvE druid and you. Useful information inside. READ

Hey guys and girls, i'm up with a new guide and this time we're gonna take a further look into druids and pve. Well, enough talking - let's get started.

1.Introduction
    2. Talent specs

3. Feral
    3.1 Feral gems and sockets
    3.2 Potions and food
    3.3 What to choose(stats)
    3.4 Macros

4. Resto
    4.1 Resto gems and sockets
    4.2 Potions and food
    4.3 What to choose(stats)
    4.4 Macros

5. Balance
    5.1 Balance gems and sockets
    5.2 Potions and food
    5.3 What to choose(stats)
    5.4 Macros

Introduction

Well, i've been playing druid for a very long time until i gave it to -JD- and i think it's time to make a guide for you on how to play a druid PvE wise. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and get some useful tips of it Enough talking, let's get started!

Well, i am going to be listing 4 different talent specs. The druid tanking one, the druid dpsing one, the druid healing one and the druid balance one.

The tanking one:
    Code:
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxGGscrzceRcIzAo0E0z

The feral dps one:
    Code:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZxGMsfrz0eR0huAkbyczb:Vmp
    - Thanks Darklemon

The resto one:
    Code:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0uZZf0IurhxVuVIsVo:kLdVmz

The balance one:
    Code:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=11&tal=5012203125331303213305311031000000000000000000000000000000205003112000000000000000000

(On a side note to the balance spec - while you still lack hit rating you should put your points into "improved faerie fire" and quit a few points that you personally do not think are important.)

So, that is the talents - let's move on to the next subject.

TANKING
    We're gonna start off with the tanking. As a feral tank you will be in need of stacking stamina, agility and expertise. You should stack expertise until you got the cap(I think it's 80 or 114 expertise, will check up on it) and agility until you got the dodge cap.(That is 40% dodge). After that it's all about stamina. But archieve these 2 first things before doing the other.

CAT DPS

Now, as a cat dps all you really want to stack is agility and hit. The hit cap for druids is 8% and you're gonna archieve that as soon as possible. After that it's all about boosting your ArP.

Gems are very easy as a feral tanking druid.
    Yellow gems: Expertise (Until you're capped, then put in agi).
    Blue gems: Stamina.
    Rest of the gems(Orange, purple, red etc): Agility (Until you're dodge capped then put in stamina).

Gems for a cat form druid:
    Yellow gems: Hit (Until you're capped and you should have agility)
    Blue gems: ArP or hit, we don't need stamina at all so dont focus on it.
    Rest of the gems: ArP or hit again. The set bonuses (in most cases) suck badly, but if there's a set bonus you want to archieve, feel free to vary.

Enchants are exactly as easy as gems are tbh, or even easier.
    Every enchant you should have should be stamina, and if you can't do that, make an agility or armory enchant.

Enchants for a cat form druid is that easy aswell tbh.
    The enchants you really want here is agility or AP boosting. For your enchants you just want as much dps layout bonus as possible and therefor it's agility and AP enchants.

Potions and food for the druid tank.

Well, i guess you know the drill now don't you? Stamina, Agility or expertise. And don't buy that cheapy food tbh, rather the one that gives 40 sta and 40 expertise rating (or something like that) instead of the 30 sta and 30 expertise rating. So, don't be cheapy when you raid.

The potion name is: Flask of Stoneblood
    The food name is: Blackened Dragonfin

For potions you should grab the hp one, ALWAYS! It grants you 1300 hp for 2 hours and is just lovely.

Potions and food for the cat form dps.

Well, well, well. What is our guess on this? You're right! ArP, yay! It's all about ArP in food tbh. Don't care about that other stuff like expertise, armor penetration and stuff, stack ArP!

As for potions you should grab the AP one. It really is sweet.

Flask name is: Flask of Endless Rage
    Food name is: Poached Northern Sculpin

Macros

Tanking ones:
    You should just need 1 really for tanking, and it looks like this:

Code:
    /cast Maul
    /cast Lacerate

This bad boy macro makes you cast both lacerate and maul, since maul doesnt share cooldown/global cooldown with the other spells you can trigger both spells at once which means A LOT more threat.

Cat dps'ing ones:

Havent found anything that is usable here really, since cat dps aint very hardcore it should be doable without any macros. In case i get any i will update the thread and put them in.

Restoration is one of the best healing classes in the game currently. It is also easy playable once you learn the basics. What you gotta stack as restoration is healing power. It's all about spell damage sockets for stacking.

It is important when choosing gems, that you go for stacking as much SP as possible, dont go for mp5 or haste or intellect as it doesnt benefit for healer druids as much as for other classes.

So, for all sockets: Spell power, and only spell power.

As for enchants you should also just stack mp5 and spell power. Ofcourse spell power is the first priority but mp5 is a nice "off" solution.

The general healing for druids isnt very hard. Stack up hots on the maintank, keep Wild Growth up on your group if it's a boss that does raid damage and then use a single Lifebloom on raid people loosing life. BUT when you start doing more hardcore raiding, (ulduar 25 man) you should replace the Lifebloom on people with rejuvenation. For more healing in case they lose life more times than once. (Good input lolnej7)

If you're a raid healer it's all about spamming Wild Growth and keeping your hots up on targets that are low on life.

Also keep in mind that that if there are more than one maintank you should keep them both up with all of your hots, and atleast 1 lifebloom in case you dont want to waste too much mana.

For potions and it is all about taking the one that gives 190+ spellpower, and only that one.

For food you should pick something with spell power, doesnt matter what the second stat is really. You just gotta pump up that SP for higher hot ticks.

Potions name is: Flask of the Frost Wyrm
    Foods name is: Firecracker Salmon

Macros

A nice macro to help you if the maintank is falling down is having this macro:

Code:
    /use Nature's Swiftness
    /stopcasting
    /cast Healing Touch

That macro is a lifesaver if critical situations.

Druid balance part.

The important part about druid balance is that you keep your dots up ALL THE TIME because that is a big part of your damage. Otherwise just burst complete.

It's also important that you keep your rotation, a trash rotation should be like this:

Insect Swarm
    Moonfire
    Wrath x 6
    Repeat

and on bosses it should look like this:

Insect Swarm
    Moonfire
    Starfire x 3
    Repeat

Hit rating: You need a total of 17% hit rating (including talent buffs, raid buffs like draenei aura and stuff) and you're going to archieve that as quick as possible!

Lets take a look at our Glyphs:
    [Glyph of Moonfire]
    [Glyph of Starfire]
    [Glyph of Insect Swarm]

These will be the 3 major glyphs we will use for raiding. With the Moonfire and Starfire glyph, you can keep your moonfire up for 21 seconds without having to refresh it increasing its DPM and making it more efficient.

Lets take a look at Eclipse next. Scoring a critical hit with a wrath is what we want to do to proc Eclipse so our Starfire crit rate is increased by 30%. Currently Eclipse has a 40s internal CD with a 15s duration. Until I find a mod that can track this, you have to sort of keep track of the internal cooldown in your head. Procing a Eclipse from a Starfire is not what we are aiming for here. (Lolnej7 found it - Download this addon, it's awesome for boomkins:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...rtz_procs.aspx )

Start off by applying your debuffs to the mob. Faerie Fire (3% spell hit and 3% personal crit), Moonfire, then start off with wrath to quickly apply Earth and Moon, and get a chance to proc Eclipse. Once your Eclipse procs, you will be using nothing but Starfire until your MF wears off 21s after the initial cast. Once MF wears off, your next cast in sequence will be to reapply it. Here's where it gets tricky, after your Eclipse Starfire buff wears off, you have 25s worth of casting before you should switch back to wrath to re-proc Eclipse.

Of course with everything going on during the fight, chances are you will not be able to keep a perfect rotation going with any moving and interacting that may be done, this is just a basic plan for DPS.

Well, as a boomkin druid it's the exact same as resto atleast for the gems and enchants thing. So, It is important when choosing gems, that you go for stacking as much SP as possible, dont go for mp5 or haste or intellect as it doesnt benefit for healer druids as much as for other classes.

So, for all sockets: Spell power, and only spell power.

As for enchants you should also just stack mp5 and spell power. Ofcourse spell power is the first priority but mp5 is a nice "off" solution.

About the potions and food thing, it's also the same for balance druid's as it is for resto druids. So here we go again.

For potions and it is all about taking the one that gives 190+ spellpower, and only that one.

For food you should pick something with spell power, doesnt matter what the second stat is really. You just gotta pump up that SP for higher hot ticks.

Potions name is: Flask of the Frost Wyrm
    Foods name is: Firecracker Salmon

Macros

For the macro part i haven't found any usable addons for balance druids since this aint my main spec. Will try to find some and feel free to give me some tips in case you have some aswell.

Will be updating with rotations and more shortly! I hope you enjoyed my guide and hopefully you liked it as much as i do Please response with feedback and if you liked my guide or not, also please tell me if i could add some more into it because i will be glad to do so.

Wall of text crits you for 1.000.000 damage. You die.

Edit: Please stop flaming the guide if you have no god damn useful thing to say.. A guy abit down in the thread said it were a repost and flamed me, but seems like he can't find the original link. OH DEAR GOD!

Boomkin and DPS feral might not be the areas that i got the most knowledge about since i do not play them, always been tank and healer. But i got a little help down the thread with feral DPS atleast and i have been playing a boomkin a few times so know the basics. Thanks to Darklemon and Daluur for telling me a few things about kitty dps <3.
    Last edited by [Ban Hammer]; 06-27-2009 at 01:48 PM.

[Guide] The PvE druid and you. Useful information inside. READ
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wai- nothing on balance apart from spec? Boomkin is ownage >.>
    Your layout is a bit messed up at times but the imagery use is good and you give usefull information quite a lot. +Rep
    Last edited by stoneharry; 06-27-2009 at 04:35 AM.

[Ban Hammer]'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stoneharry View Post
    wai- nothing on balance apart from spec? Boomkin is ownage >.>
    It is the same as resto when going for enchants, sockets, food and pots. And it aint my mainspec so i don't know loads about it, currently i'm trying to update the guide with some nice rotations and stuff like that - Give me 20 minutes and you will find more on boomkins

EDIT: Added rotations to boomkin, alitte about how to play them, hit cap needed and more!
    Last edited by [Ban Hammer]; 06-27-2009 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50 views and 1 comment, cmon guys - you can do better than that.

Zankoku's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ArP is gawd for kitty. 300plus. learn2elitistjerks.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    ArP is gawd for kitty. 300plus. learn2elitistjerks.
    Well, i am atleast contributing. Getting flamed by a leecher who havent archieved anything AT ALL doesnt say me anything, just pisses me off. I could say l2(some other website here) to alot of guides/hacks/exploits, because it has been posted a whole lot of times before. But i don't because in most cases it's selfwritten and good contributing. And if you can't take that then don't be on MMOwned, mkay?

Zing!'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Ban Hammer] View Post
    Well, i am atleast contributing. Getting flamed by a leecher who havent archieved anything AT ALL doesnt say me anything, just pisses me off. I could say l2(some other website here) to alot of guides/hacks/exploits, because it has been posted a whole lot of times before. But i don't because in most cases it's selfwritten and good contributing. And if you can't take that then don't be on MMOwned, mkay?
    - The leecher is right, ArP is better to stack than anything else.
    - You only NEED 7% hit before ArP is better than hit, especially with a Draenei in the group. (8% is preferable)
    - You shouldn't be ignoring Expertise, it might not be as important as other stats, but you still need a nice amount.
    - You forgot feral Glyphs.
    - "Cat form isn't really that hardcore" /facepalm
    - You don't use Agility food, you use ArP food (unless you hit the "Soft Cap").
    - ArP has a soft cap (depending on your trinkets), I'd find it if I wasn't lazy, but hey, I'm not writing a guide, I'm just flaming. (Informatively)

The Talent Spec! Oh boy!
    Protector of the Pack - Spell - World of Warcraft <- READ THIS
    "While in Dire Bear Form", and this is in your feral DPS spec? That is just beyond fail.

A GOOD Talent Spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    With one point to do whatever you want with.

I could go on, please do your research before making a guide?
    Last edited by Zing!; 06-27-2009 at 07:50 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Darklemon View Post
    - The leecher is right, ArP is better to stack than anything else.
    - You only NEED 7% hit before ArP is better than hit, especially with a Draenei in the group. (8% is preferable)
    - You shouldn't be ignoring Expertise, it might not be as important as other stats, but you still need a nice amount.
    - You forgot feral Glyphs.
    - "Cat form isn't really that hardcore" /facepalm
    - You don't use Agility food, you use ArP food (unless you hit the "Soft Cap").
    - ArP has a soft cap (depending on your trinkets), I'd find it if I wasn't lazy, but hey, I'm not writing a guide, I'm just flaming. (Informatively)

The Talent Spec! Oh boy!
    Protector of the Pack - Spell - World of Warcraft <- READ THIS
    "While in Dire Bear Form", and this is in your feral DPS spec? That is just beyond fail.

A GOOD Talent Spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft
    With one point to do whatever you want with.

I could go on, please do your research before making a guide?

Argh sorry for the talent spec <_< Messed up with it, but i was in a hurry and had to go. Catform dps as stated aint really a hardcore class TO PLAY, and that is what i meant. Currently it's one of the best DPS classes in the game.

Also, i belive i wrote 7 or 8% and you can't say that 7 is okay because you got a draenei in your group, what if the druid is a horde? ;p

And we aint ignoring expertise. Expertise is fine, IN GEAR. Not for sockets nor enchants.

I understand that you are "flaming" and this is good flaming, i didnt know that ArP was better to stack than agi, so thanks alot for that. As long as it's useful critism then i'm glad about it. Will go edit the guide now, <3

Daluur's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, very nice guide, I do not agree with u on some of the things, like the healing.. it is very different from person to person, and boss to boss.. also the kitty part, as stated before, agi isn't the only good thing..
    nice contribute, but next time u should make a more "in-depth" guide

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Daluur View Post
    well, very nice guide, I do not agree with u on some of the things, like the healing.. it is very different from person to person, and boss to boss.. also the kitty part, as stated before, agi isn't the only good thing..
    nice contribute, but next time u should make a more "in-depth" guide
    Yeah, i also just edited it alittle, very tired and alittle busy atm - so glad you guys wanna give me some critism But yeah, updated it with the food, and changed the agi -> ArP.

And about the healing thing, you're right it's different from person to person, you get your own "style" in healing and stuff, but i can't write down 23 different ways to heal as there is a 55.000 characters limit for a guide

Zing!'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by [Ban Hammer] View Post
    Argh sorry for the talent spec <_< Messed up with it, but i was in a hurry and had to go. Catform dps as stated aint really a hardcore class TO PLAY, and that is what i meant. Currently it's one of the best DPS classes in the game.

Also, i belive i wrote 7 or 8% and you can't say that 7 is okay because you got a draenei in your group, what if the druid is a horde? ;p

And we aint ignoring expertise. Expertise is fine, IN GEAR. Not for sockets nor enchants.

I understand that you are "flaming" and this is good flaming, i didnt know that ArP was better to stack than agi, so thanks alot for that. As long as it's useful critism then i'm glad about it. Will go edit the guide now, <3
    Even if you are horde, ArP is better than hit when you are above 7% hit chance in THEORY, however for peace of mind most people prefer to be at least 7.8% just incase it messes up the rotation.

Also, I understand by "not hardcore" you mean there's no macros involved. However feral DPS is very demanding in fights where you have to move.

UI elements are also very important for Feral DPS, you need to be able to see your own debuffs on the target with visible timers, and a good timer for your Savage Roar buff.

Thanks for the credit though. I don't often get opportunities to contribute anything.

jeroen429's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YOu just copypasted this from the old Nihilum website, just right click the imgs for proof

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Darklemon View Post
    Even if you are horde, ArP is better than hit when you are above 7% hit chance in THEORY, however for peace of mind most people prefer to be at least 7.8% just incase it messes up the rotation.

Also, I understand by "not hardcore" you mean there's no macros involved. However feral DPS is very demanding in fights where you have to move.

UI elements are also very important for Feral DPS, you need to be able to see your own debuffs on the target with visible timers, and a good timer for your Savage Roar buff.

Thanks for the credit though. I don't often get opportunities to contribute anything.
    Thanks for this once again, werent really into cat dps at all. Bear tank main and healer off - So, i edited the stuff and i think it starts looking better, i know that feral DPS demands abit in fights where you have to do stuff other than tank/spank, but the most class gets harder when the boss encounter gets harder, so nothing new there ^_^

Also, that UI elements thing, aint that going to be under addons? With buffs and debuffs timer? I know you have to coordinate an rotation, but the rotation depends on your hit and what you are familiar with, like if you do a 5cp FB or a 3cp FB is all up to yourself

And still glad for that ArP thing, had no idea it was better when you were over the hitcap /facepalm (stupid me).

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jeroen429 View Post
    YOu just copypasted this from the old Nihilum website, just right click the imgs for proof
    You my friend, are just alittle retarded. I had the images from there to make the whole guide alittle flashier, and more entertaining to read. But if you take just a little close look, you see that the content is a WHOLE LOT different, and guess why?

Because mine is written by myself. So next time please research before flaming.

EDIT: btw, got my pictures from here:
    http://nihilum.mousesports.com/en/ar...ndgame_guide_/
    Not Nihilum. retard.

jeroen429's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason you dont know a shit about it is because you copied the guide, people should ban you from MMOwned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast