0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed Run Diary: Wailing Caverns

Adding a second guide to my growing collection (of two so far:P). I hope for those looking to boost ALTs, RAFs and the like through their levels, that this helps you as it would have helped us Enjoy!

----------------------------------------
    Toon Used: AOE lvl 80 (Frost Mage)
    Best Levels to Grind: 14-19

Of the many possible routes one could run this instance, I believe this to be the fasted route to clearing this instance for maximum XP. You should be able to clear the efficient parts of the instance in around 9-10 pulls and in under 25 minutes. Be sure to have your boosters stay at a safe distance throughout the instance, far enough away not to pull aggro off the booster's body pulled mobs. However, they'll need to be close enough to get XP from the several single mob kills.

Start at the entrance and begin pulling all mobs (especially slimes) along the green path (#1). Once you've cleared the area near the "Star" on the green path, you can have the boostees chill around there. Meanwhile, run the clockwise circle... (side note: if I notice, I'll target the boss and make her my focus, so the boostees can grab the target and loot a bit easier). I like to group up the mobs by using LOS (line of sight) by the green path end point.

Once complete, start killing Crocodiles along the yellow path (#2). Have the boostees pause for a few seconds at the Star, in the middle of the yellow path, while you zig zag up the hill pulling the snakes and druids. Once clear of there, continue on. Your boosties will need to stay a bit further behind on this path, as the casters will put them to sleep. A good rule of thumb is to make sure the booster hits all the druids with a damage causing ability and keep running. The casters will eventually turn into snakes and run to catch up. Have the boostees simply hang just behind the casters. If the booster gets to the end of the path too early... drag the mobs back so they are in XP range of the boostees. This can all be done in one pull, just be sure you physically tag everything on your way as it's a long, long run from the graveyard for the boostees.

Next, follow the orange path (#3) back towards the start, passing it and continuing on to the other side. Be sure to kill the Yellow Turtle, as it drops a blue shield. Upon reaching the end of the orange path (#3), rest and build up mana as you'll want to be full.

The red path (#4) is short because if you go much further the mobs will reset, killing your boostees on the way (know from experience). Most of these are casters, so again, be sure to physically harm them to get aggro and use LOS by the end point to bunch them up.

Now, following the pink path (#5), when you come into the large area, be sure to grab all mobs on both the right and left, dragging them up into the hallway. All the way to the start of the swamp area (where the end point is).

Run into the swamp cave and through to the other side, while sticking to the purple path (#6). This room is pretty wide, so be sure to zig zag around both sections of it, picking up 100% of the visible mobs. Take them all to the boss and AOE them down.

The blue path (#7) runs pretty long and you'll run into several packs of 2-3 mobs from the side rooms. Grab them with a throw/cast and keep running all the way to the stegosaurus boss. There has always existed an issue in this area where invisible mobs attack you. So to play it safe, get in and out quickly and keep the heals available if a lowbie gets selected.

Two more pulls to go! Following the sky blue path (#, you'll want to pick up the side room mobs again and in the final room before the end point, follow the pathing on the map to easily pick up all the mobs... taking them just before the cliff jump and burning them down.

On the final path, the teal path (#9), you'll first need to jump a gap. Missing the jump will easily set you back 5-10 minutes, so play it safe. View the jump prior to making it. You'll notice an area on the left that seems much closer than the rest. You can simply walk off this portion (this portion only) of the cliff and make it to the other side. If there are players uneasy about it, have someone cast slow fall or levitate on them to make it even easier. Now simply follow the path, be sure to tag all mobs and bring them right onto the last boss. Grab your loot, jump off the ledge behind the final boss into the pool, exit the level, rinse and repeat.

There is an additional scripted boss event you can start by talking to the druid at the start of the instance, but I don't recommend it. You'll get far less XP and it'll take the same amount of time as a full clear. It may seem like a lot, but after your first run using this map, you'll have the entire process done in under 25 minutes per run! Cheers!

Speed Run Diaries:
    Ragefire Chasm - http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ire-chasm.html
    Last edited by saintg; 05-17-2009 at 04:36 AM.

Speed Run Diary: Wailing Caverns
    Comgoarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why try to speedrun?

Spartin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Comgoarn View Post
    Why try to speedrun?
    If you speedrun then u will do it much faster which means u can do more runs faster which also means the characters you are boosting will level faster

-Scooby-'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool guide brah +Rep

Haveaux's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide.

But you're a lot better of doing SFK from 14-24 and then SM till 45 and then Strath till 60.

Thidan's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it in 1 thread please.

Diablo1903's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it in 1 thread please.
    I dont really see a problem, different threads for different guides.

Ethier way, I like the idea, however, I would try to take into consideration (Mostly with later instances), that unless you want the gear, leveling would be faster to do certain pulls and you might wanna skip the end pulls in some instances.

ChildeRoland's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say it, but this is like saying "follow the right way to get quicker through!". It's well made, that's for sure tho, but anyway, it's like taking a map and painting some and adding some pictures.
    +rep for contribution, as I said, well made

snowman555's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Sorry to say it, but this is like saying "follow the right way to get quicker through!". It's well made, that's for sure tho, but anyway, it's like taking a map and painting some and adding some pictures.
    +rep for contribution, as I said, well made
    wow.. that was somewhat of a retarded answer.. have you ever used like a GPS or something? thats just a map with the quickest route somewhere, just like this, it gives the most efficient path to clear the mobs for optimal experience..