Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Children's Week Achievement guide (and gold tips)

Children's Week is from 1st May to 7th May. Here is my guide to the achievements and some tips on where I think gold will be made.

Home Alone
    Use your hearthstone while your orphan is out. Easy.

Daily Chores
    This has been hotfixed so now you just complete 5 dailies with the orphan out. I did fishing/cooking/argent tournament dailies.

School of Hard Knocks
    You have to get these individually.

Capture the flag in Eye of the Storm - grab the flag from the middle and take it to a controlled base. A lot of EoTS have people capping the towers, so you need to head for the middle and wait around the flag. Hope the opposite faction are busy trying to cap towers. Use the minimap to see which towers are yours, then a raid announce will happen when the flag spawns and its a rush to grab it. You have to channel a cast for 10 secs or so to grab the flag. Then run to a tower and over the small circle on the floor, usually between the two flags.

Assault a flag in Arathi Basin - cap a base by clicking on a flag. Suggest a rush to the Blacksmith or Stables/Farm at the start. Alternatively, if you are left defending something on your own, go hide and wait for a single ally to turn the flag grey. Then pounce on them, kill them and turn the flag back to your faction for the credit. Again you must channel a cast for 10 secs to get the capture.

Assault a tower in Alterac Valley - Destroy a tower by clicking on the flag inside the tower. Bunkers also count. This is a race from the start of AV to a bunker/tower to be the first to capture it. There is a flag on the top floor you must click then channel a spell on for 10 seconds or so. Tip: Do not be the first to a bunker. The archers will target the first person inside the bunker who body pulls them, so you want to be the second or third person in. The archers will interrupt your channeling on the flag so the first into the bunker will not get the capture.

Return a fallen flag in Warsong Gulch - focus fire an enemy flag carrier, then right click on your flag when they die and drop it. This is best done by defending your flag room. Wait for an enemy to get in, let them grab the flag then try to kill them before they leave the room. The flag then drops to their right, so be ready to right click it. No channeling needed.

Hail To The King, Baby
    Kill the end boss in Utgarde Pinnacle with the orphan out. Works on normal mode. An instance run to normal UP is needed, this is doable.

Bad example
    Eat various food.

Tigule and Foror's Strawberry Ice Cream
    Red Velvet Cupcake
    Lovely Cake Slice
    Dalaran Doughnut
    Tasty Cupcake
    Delicious Chocolate Cake
    Dalaran Brownie

Lovely cake slice is a slice of the 18g cake from Dalaran.

Tasty Cupcake and Delicious Chocolate Cake are cooking food you need the recipe or know someone who does. These will sell for loads on the AH during children's week!

Stock up on the mats - northern egg, small egg, mageroyal. Stock up on the items and list them on the AH for loads of gold. The purchased items like the Ice Cream will probably be selling for 1g each on the AH even tho ppl can buy them for 5s each, because lots of ppl are stupid. So list them up!

Aw, Isn't It Cute?
    You just need to do one of the orphan quest chains and hand in for a pet. Easy.

Veteran Nanny*
    Not part of the meta. Just need to do the quests from Shattrath each year for 3 years. You probably won't do this this year.

Preparation list:

Practise the PvP objectives.
    Be able to do a UP run during the week. Arrange with guildies or just PuG it.
    Farm mats for the cooking dailies for 5 days (30 chilled meats and 30 rhino meat should cover 5 days worth of cooking dailies). If not cook, identify some dailies you want to do.
    Gather northern eggs/small eggs/mageroyal and make chocolate cakes & tasty cupcakes.
    Last edited by goiter; 05-02-2009 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Updated with PvP tips, Daily Chores fix

Children's Week Achievement guide (and gold tips)
    m0rbidang3l's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well written guide

Kykyske's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll definately be saving this.

pauk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most is repost
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...e-updated.html
    one guide is enough

vlada111's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide m8. +2 rep & getting you out of leecher status, gz!
    If you want to earn money online please visit my blog at: www .easy-money-gain.blogspot.com

EgologiC's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please, be so kind, and dont +rep reposter..

Copy+Pasta+Edit from http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...e-updated.html

EDIT: Btw m8, wheres the "gold guide" of this thread? :>
    I play WoW

goiter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely cake slice is a slice of the 18g cake from Dalaran. Tasty Cupcake and Delicious Chocolate Cake are cooking food you need the recipe or know someone who does. These will sell for loads on the AH during children's week! Stock up on the mats - northern egg, small egg, mageroyal. Stock up on the items and list them on the AH for loads of gold. The purchased items like the Ice Cream will probably be selling for 1g each on the AH even tho ppl can buy them for 5s each, because lots of ppl are stupid. So list them up!

That bit there...

I have listed all achievements, even the non-meta ones. I have added suggestions of how to do the BG achievements. I have some tips on potential gold sources during the week (see above). I have tips on Daily Chores which may help avoid failing the achievement due to some silly in game bug (more than 24 hours between quests and it resets). I do not list the quests as your guide already covers that.

I of course have made much of this by doing research on Wowhead then adding my own thoughts. Of course 2 guides which cover stuff in game will be similar...
    Last edited by goiter; 04-28-2009 at 04:12 AM.

currypunx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pressing Y ingame will give you most of this.

goiter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just trying to be helpful really.
    Last edited by goiter; 04-28-2009 at 07:31 AM.

goiter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added PvP tips from how I got the School of Hard Knocks achievement, corrected Daily Chores hotfix change.