0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alauramava's guide 2 SVspec 3.9 Holy crap already an update! Trinket 101

Ok ive posted a few guides on playing hunters, For those of you who read my last 2 guides, I used to be Drektarz. I'm not Drektarz anymore. I was for about 3 months, but then the person who owned drektarz took drektarz back because Warhammer was full of fail.
    But..i do have a hunter. I do still play drektarz with my roomate (the owner) and we do share the hunter, and at the moment said hunter is at 2299 2s with a resto shaman. But Alauramava is my personal hunter and isnt 80 yet.

But im still skilled nonetheless.
    Anyways on to the show.
    This spec was designed to fit me and john's specifications. We DID NOT copy this spec. DID NOT COPY IT..This is 100%..Us.

Spec---
    I've tried various specs from other hunters..And quite frankly..I hated them all. But thats just my twocents..Feel free to toy around with it and intergrate it with your playstyle/arena partner or w/e.
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/hunter/talents.html?tal=00000000000000000000000000005305101000000000000000000230330251023333053213302102 1
    Nothing special..Just basic utility spec survival.

Keybindings---
    You have a decision to make.
    You wanna be a pro pvper? or do you wanna look like a retarded forklift backing up making that annoying beeping sound?
    Face it..
    Clicking sucks. In arena. your gonna have to get your abilitys off...FAST. If your not fast..someone who is fast...will Eat you alive.
    Basic keybinds setup..
    Me personally..i move with the mouse. i hit the spacebar with my palm..and all my main action bar's shots are binded to zxcvbnm,./
    and everything els...
    asdfghjkl
    qwertyuiop
    as for my aspects..for easy access...f5 f6 and f7
    i also have mouse wheel down bound to concussive shot but thats because its more comfortable as it is something i use alot.

Also. theres no room for error in pvp. If you "Should have beat them"..but you didnt..then you or your partner...did something horribly wrong. And you should learn from it.

Hunter Arena basics
    okay..there are a few things i use for arena, And they are very basic. keeping it simple is keeping it good and steady.
    Gladius..Similar to proximo..you should have this. Know your enemy.
    Also..theres one other thing..
    I have all my abilitys in a macro.
    /cast Explosive shot
    /petattack [Target=Flametounge totem]
    /petattack [Target=Grounding totem]
    /petattack [Target=Poison Cleaning totem]
    /petattack [Target=Totem of Wrath]
    i personally use it with Explosive shot serpent sting Concussive shot Scorpid sting wyrven sting viper sting aimed shot and steady shot. (on the off chance that i use that at all.. :\)

So when i use something.. theres a 100% chance that i will piss a shaman off beyond your wildest belief whenever he decides to drop one of them retarded totem things.

Ok..Now on to strategy..
    Strategy is pretty straightforward.
    You. as a hunter..need to 'Peel Off' your healer.
    What does that mean? Well ill tell you keep your damn pants on.
    Anyways it means that by any means nessesary, you know theres a stealth class..you know its a rogue or a feral druid..well you need to try to take his opener away. go aspect of the viper spam volley..drop a simple flare in a random spot..by any means nessesary.
    Ok now im gonna tell you what to do when you CANT take the opener away.
    Get ur fat arse over there scatter shot ASAP and lay down a freezing trap.
    and if he trinkets that freezing trap..Hes a Moron..because what r u gonna do? ur gonna wyrven sting him. And hes gonna b like FAWWWWWWWWWK!!!! FDVJMBXKDVBDCVKBFXKGBSDJFKBKJFXJHSDGFJHGFDJVJFSDGJFSDJGFSDJGJFSDJG
    and o lookie there ur partners dead 2v1 hunter healer GG.

So your healer is fine. But your being focused. Disengage? Yes. BUT...if u disengage without doing so much as wingclipping or..using scatter shot first..then you sir are retarded. For that will defeat the purpose of leaping backwards.

HOLY CRAP IM GETTING FACE ROLLED BY WARLOCKS AND MAGES GRRRRR IM SO FREAKING ANGRY!!!!!1!!!!!1!11one !111111!!!!eleven
    Caster ailment?! Not a problem! remember the talent? point of no escape? Well. if you can get a caster in a frost trap...(the AoE slow...) That will mess them up beyond your wildest belief. So its arguable the best thing to do when fighting a healer or a caster(in arena..in reg pvp..id prefer snakes vs caster DPS for pushback+poison utility)

I ACCUSE YOU OF SCRUBBERY IN THE 1st DEGREE. I ACCUSE YOU GOOD SIR..OF MISUSE OF A PERFECTLY USEFUL 2 MINUTE COOLDOWN PVP TRINKET.
    Trinket abusers always make me laugh. in 2200..i once had a rogue trinket a scatter shot. it was freaking hilarious because i just proceeded to CC him..and make sure hes CCed. Not having your trinket at the right time..is a VERY bad thing. But you as a hunter..you have masters call. And a trinket...
    And the last thing i want any of you to do..is look like that 2200 rated rogue who flipped out over a 4 second disorient.

What is considered something to trinket.
    +In arena
    BLIND..If you see a rogue its very wise to save it for when he blinds.

Sheep..its okay to trinket a sheep. because in most combos when they sheep dps..they're setting up to kill your partner. BUT..After you trinket that sheep.. Are you paying attention...AFTER U TRINKET THE SHEEP.. (if u dont do this and sit there like a tard auto shotting...i will come after you with a sock filled with nickles)...That MAGE...NEEDS TO BE CCED...IMMEDIATELY..or what is he going to do? hes going to sheep you. again. and guess what u just wasted your trinket. BUT..if its mage rogue.. Id save it for blind. because that doesnt have a diminishing return. if your being chain sheeped id reccomend using deterence and continuing to shoot the rogue in the face. while CCing mage

Fear. its arguable that warlocks...80% of the time will mess a hunter up. But if your smart enough to roll hunter healer instead of hunt DPS...Unless its warlock healer.. ur fine. Warlock DPS..lol GG. But trinket the SECOND fear if your in this situation. always wait for the SECOND fear.

Death coil. Due to the nasty things this does...i would treat it like hammer of justice on a retpally...retpally has Hammer of fail up..hes buffed...hes doing more dmg..y let that happen to yourself?

Freezing traps (situational) id trinket a freezing trap only if my healer is in trouble and hes dropping unable to keep himself up.

Things i will laugh..directly at you for trinketing.
    Sap - ...LOL? thats just setting yourself up to get blinded later on and suffering points lost. if u cant take away a rogues opener and not risk getting locked out so your healer gets dragged around the field chewed up and spat back out then finding yourself in a 1v1 situation.. its wise you dont do this.

Cheap shot/kidney shot- Just let it happen..its not worth it..just let it happen.

Scatter shot - LOL 4 secs. ur impatient.

Intimidating shout - this has to be one of the worst fearbomb mechanics in the game. its prone to being broke alot. and chances are....if a warrior turns around and decides he wants a piece of you because your healer is over there somewhere...hes gonna bite off a huge chunk if your out of ways to get the hell away from him. So i would personally just let that happen. only an 8 sec fear.

seduce - its just gonna rebuff itself. :\ any warlock with a succy is a scrub anyways.

Charge stuns. LOL..self explanitory..1 sec stun? 3 sec stun? ....trinket that and the stun will be either gone or half way gone by the time u trinket it. Go figure. just let it happen.

Wyrven sting - unless its lik hunter 1v1 or something. i wouldnt

(did i leave any out? lol maybe in a while ill tell you how to 1v1..lol yay for first update.)

Got a huntarded question? Post it here. :wave: I'll answer it. Because im not the best at writing guides..But its for sure ill add on to this, Especially what with this 3.1 bullcrap coming upon us.

Last edited by lolroflcopter; 03-23-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Alauramava's guide 2 SVspec 3.9 Holy crap already an update! Trinket 101
    Kyiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trinket 101: Use in different situations.
    Telling people to trinket in what situation on paper doesn't work.
    Without Purpose, You Cannot Exist.

omgcool7's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good guide had me reading from top to bottom for some reason lol...ill +rep hope u rly wrote it :]

lolroflcopter's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kyiz View Post
    trinket 101: Use in different situations.
    Telling people to trinket in what situation on paper doesn't work.
    But hopefully i can prevent someone from blindly trinketing something you should NEVER trinket. And pointing out things you should trinket.
    But i will agree its a situational thing. But trinketing something like..rogue pops out cheap shot RGFDVFKDZGKGBKVBXK ur like OMG OMG ITS A ROGUE WHAT THE HELL DO I DO in ur head..and u start doing this:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerweeereee (e=trinket button) and thats where u just realise..u trinketed a 3 second stun. only to immediately realise afterwards...You just got hit with another stun either which way. and ur left with the chance of being locked down by CC.

So the point of that is to make clear that your trinket is your best friend, and indecisive blind use of it can make or break you depending on what scenario your in.
    Last edited by lolroflcopter; 03-23-2009 at 08:17 PM.