Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goldguide (Made 40k in one week)

Hi,

I thought i might share my method of gaining gold in WoW. I've been broke for quite a while till i "used" a friends account to get some money out of jewelcrafting. I made quite a bit of money so i made jewelcrafting my main profession.

I made 40k Gold in 1 week with this strategy (playing about 2-3 hours a day)
    --> i got up to 75k gold total until i started to spend everything on huge investments
    --> i bought: Travelers Thundra (18k), 2x Darkmooncard: Greatness (2x10k), 1x Chopper (17k) + a Chopper for my friend (17k) and still got about 15k left

Here's a screenshot to post some "proof":

So what do you need for this to work:

- 2 Professions: Jewelcrafting(390) / Enchanting (325)
    - 500-1000g starting money

What you gonna do?

1. Buy saronite ore in the AH (around 20-28g per stack - depends on each server) there are probably a lot of chinafarmers selling their saronite, so just put them on your friends list and ask them if they sell all their saronite each day directly to you for a cheaper price. I had 2-3 chinafarmers "working" for me at the end.

2. Prospect all the saronite - you'll get the rare gems (craft them in something usefull - check which stones go for a lot of gold in the auctionhouse) - you'll also get some uncommon gems (keep the blue/yellow/orange/red gems - you will not need the green/purple stones)

Edit: Some asked which gems are usefull: It highly depends on your server and what the demand is for that gem at the moment. Sometimes Vivid Forest Emeralds sell for 35g+ and sometimes an Enduring Forest Emerald is worth more. If you just started this method or you don't do a high mass of prospecting then you only wanna make the highest priced gems. Otherwise you just make every gem that goes for 15g+ (around 5-8 at the time) and put it in the AH. The color matters too, on my server Red > Yellow > Purple > Orange > Blue > Green. Of course you need to do the JC-Daily or buy the damaged necklace for new recipes. Usually i just go to the AH a couple of times and see which gems are selling the highest, then i know which recipe i'll buy next.

3. Buy a lot of eternal earth at the AH (3-8g depending on servers) and turn those into crystalized earth.

4. Use the gems + crystalized earth for the following recipes:
    Bloodstone Band - Item - World of Warcraft
    Crystal Chalcedony Amulet - Item - World of Warcraft
    Crystal Citrine Necklace - Item - World of Warcraft
    Sun Rock Ring - Item - World of Warcraft

Yes it will take a bit of time - but those are the most efficient items to make.

You'll get a lot of infinite dust and lesser cosmic essences (make greater cosmic essences out of them) - you can sell those mats for a pretty high price at the AH

Tip:
    - Check around twice a day if you've been outbid and either make new gems and put them in cheaper or take them out and put those in again
    - Use the addon auctioneer (found in wowmatrix or at curse)
    - Use the addon getmail or any other mailaddon to get your money/gems out of the mailbox faster
    - Use this easy to use Spreadsheet made from n0skillS: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ing-combo.html

How much you'll make is always dependend on the raiding situation (on my server on sundays i can sell a lot of raiding gems and on wednesday when servers come up and after archavon has been slain i can sell a lot of pvp gems)

You might ask why i don't have more money if i could make 40k a week - simple answer: there is nothing to buy anymore and i rather do pvp or raid, since i still got 15k left.

Thats pretty much it!

First guide here so be gentle - any questions - just ask!

UPDATE:

To make it easier to prospect/make rings/disenchant use the following macros:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    /cast Prospecting
    /use Saronite Ore

Spammable and will prospect all your ore in your inventory
    /cast disenchant
    /use Bloodstone Band
    /use Crystal Chalcedony Amulet
    /use Crystal Citrine Necklace
    /use Sun Rock Ring

Spammable and will disenchant which ever ring you got
    in your inventory
    /run CloseTradeSkill()
    /cast Jewelcrafting
    /run local s for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do s=GetTradeSkillInfo(i) if (s=="Bloodstone Band") then DoTradeSkill(i,10) end end

/run CloseTradeSkill()
    /cast Jewelcrafting
    /run local s for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do s=GetTradeSkillInfo(i) if (s=="Crystal Chalcedony Amulet") then DoTradeSkill(i,10) end end

/run CloseTradeSkill()
    /cast Jewelcrafting
    /run local s for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do s=GetTradeSkillInfo(i) if (s=="Crystal Citrine Necklace") then DoTradeSkill(i,10) end end

/run CloseTradeSkill()
    /cast Jewelcrafting
    /run local s for i=1,GetNumTradeSkills() do s=GetTradeSkillInfo(i) if (s=="Sun Rock Ring") then DoTradeSkill(i,10) end end

Each macro will make 10 rings... either Bloodstone Band, Crystal Chalcedony Amulet, Citrine Necklace or Sun Rock Ring. Change the 10 to how many you wanna make with one click.

/use eternal earth

--> makes an eternal earth to crystalized earth

Now with all the macros and a G15 keyboard you can make a sequence, which allows you to go afk.. i know it's not allowed by blizzard, so i usually set this up in window mode and let it run, while watching a tv series in another window. So if anyone reports you for some reason and a GM talks to you, you'll be able to respond:

1. 2 clicks on the eternal earth macro to create 20 crystalized earths
    2. 1 click on one of the ring macros
    3. 10 clicks on the disenchant macro

with the appropriate pauses in between the macros... the 10 rings take like 50 seconds to make for example.

Greets
    Buahbleah
    Last edited by buahbleah; 08-17-2009 at 12:04 PM.

Goldguide (Made 40k in one week)
    Bangable's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i like it alot .. Much better than those tards posting "Anmmgz0er ze bestt wayz to gt golz iS tu farmz an zell @ AH much high !!!!!!!"

- But i kinda doubt that you can make that much money in a week tbh .

nevertheless +rep from me

Quale's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, +rape

Affect's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guide is useful but you could say the proffesion lvl you have to be and how many dust each hour and so on. But a great guide, gonna try it later

Cryde's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rape is bad, mkay?
    +REP(!) from me
    I playing with the Idea to unlearn BS and skill JC.

PM me for Signatures!

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hehe thought this was common knowledge thats why i have it in my guide too
    nevertheless nice to see fellow mmowners make good gold on it too.
    +15 for sharing

Happy2k's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40k gold in one week? I highly doubt that tbh.

If we say a dust is worth ~5g each, then you would need to sell 8000 dust.. in 7 days. And thats if you didnt pay anything at all for mats.

pigpoker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say that you craft "usefull" gems. Would you consider posting which these might be? There is so many you can get from the dailys but hard to know which of them that sells

Ofc Bold/runed etc Scarlet ruby's sell well. Im more intressted in Forest emerald's etc

Thanks for a good guide

lollert's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just made my answer for 2nd proffesion easier. +rape for you!

deathtalon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deathtalon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing not in my guide is that you can craft gems for profit but not which ones.

Theres quite a few guides identical to this and indeed the only thing I added to the community was the macros

Diogene's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to use this, will start leveling Enchanting asap, hopefully will fix for good the general money issue that i have.

UaeDelta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zomg, rapage+1 !

paladinspwn's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just made about 7k gold ty ty +rep

buahbleah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Some asked which gems are usefull: It highly depends on your server and what the demand is for that gem at the moment. Sometimes Vivid Forest Emeralds sell for 35g+ and sometimes an Enduring Forest Emerald is worth more. If you just started this method or you don't do a high mass of prospecting then you only wanna make the highest priced gems. Otherwise you just make every gem that goes for 15g+ (around 5-8 at the time) and put it in the AH. The color matters too, on my server Red > Yellow > Purple > Orange > Blue > Green. Of course you need to do the JC-Daily or buy the damaged necklace for new recipes. Usually i just go to the AH a couple of times and see which gems are selling the highest, then i know which recipe i'll buy next.
    Just put that in the starting post to clear up some stuff.

If we say a dust is worth ~5g each, then you would need to sell 8000 dust.. in 7 days. And thats if you didnt pay anything at all for mats.
    Actually you're not only selling dust. You'll make plenty of gold just by selling crafted gems (that's what i did before i discovered the dissing part), you'll make about 100% profit just by selling gems. Ex: you'll get around 1 gem per 1 stack - Average price of a stack is 25 and you WILL sell a gem for 50g+ on average (some gems go for 120g+ on my server). I used to buy saronite ore at the AH and from chinafarmers for about 2k-3k per day.

And actually i did make 40k in 1 week - the 1st week of january - after that i took it a little slower and made around 7-10k per week until i couldnt be bothered anymore

Is there any tool/website that shows your gold-developement over the past couple of months or something? cause then i could tell how much i made exactly.
    Last edited by buahbleah; 03-04-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Page 1 of 25 12345 ... LastLast