[Event + Guide] Your 1 Stop "Love is in the Air" Guide for 2009! MUST READ! menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Syncness's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    2/65
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Event + Guide] Your 1 Stop "Love is in the Air" Guide for 2009! MUST READ!

I know I'm about two days early, but it takes quite a bit of time to write.
    I will make this as neat as possible, splitting up the Alliance and Horde quests for instance.

Blizzard Official Details: WoW -> Info -> Events -> Love is in the Air
    Beginning: 11th of February
    End:
    16th of February
    Why the hell should I do this? I don't know about you, but the end reward of a 310% mount sounds good.

That means you have only 5 days to do this!! But fear not, this guide will allow you to complete most, if not all of it!

Item of the Week: Gift of Adoration: - Wowhead Search and Pledge of Adoration: - Wowhead Search
    Both of these items are like your Trick or Treat in Halloween, they drop precious achievement items that are used to complete the achievement.
    You obtain it by using
    Cologne Bottle or Perfume Bottle and having Love Token's in your inventory, then talking to a city guard. All of these can be bought from an Innkeeper.

Horde:
    Flirt with Disaster:
    G
    et completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on Jeremiah Payson and then kiss him. You'll regret it in the morning.
    How to: Buy
    Cologne Bottle or Perfume Bottle from an innkeeper, use it. Find the NPC under one of the bridges in center Undercity. Throw Handful of Rose Petals on him then type /kiss to kiss him.

Alliance:
    Flirt with Disaster: Get completely smashed, put on your best perfume, throw a handful of rose petals on Sraaz and then kiss him. You'll regret it in the morning.
    How to: Buy Cologne Bottle or Perfume Bottle from an innkeeper, use it. Find the NPC roaming in the inner circle of Ironforge. Throw Handful of Rose Petals on him then type /kiss to kiss him.

Both
    Be Mine: Use the Bag of Candies to create each of the hearts listed below.
    How to: So pretty much the item "Bag of Candies" will drop out of Gift of Adorations. The items you are looking for are Heart Candies. Although they are not SOULBOUND and TRADABLE, the achievement states you need to make them yourself.

Fistful of Love: Use a Handful of Rose Petals on each of the race/class combinations listed below.
    How to: Simply use "Handful of Rose Petals" on the combinations. If you have the Bouquet of Red Roses, you can do it now.

Heartmender: Mend 20 broken hearts with Unbestowed Friendship Bracelets.
    How to: Obtain 20 x Unbestowed Friendship Bracelet, which you received from Gifts of Adoration, and use it on people with the Heartbroken debuff.

I Pitied The Fool: Pity the Love Fool in the locations specified below.
    How to: Obtain a Love Fool from Gifts, use it, then /target it, and type /pity in the listed locations.

Lonely?: Join someone in Dalaran at their Romantic Picnic during the Love is in the Air celebration.
    How to: Simply find someone with Romantic Picnic Basket and right click when a cogwheel is shown. Baskets are found inside Gifts.

Lovely Luck Is On Your Side: Open a Gift of Adoration and receive a Lovely Black Dress. NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE.
    How to: LOOT the item from a gift.

My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose: Obtain a Bouquet of Red or Ebon Roses during the Love is in the Air celebration.
    How to: This item is a BOSS DROP in instances, here's the list (at the bottom).
    • Maiden of Grief (Halls of Stone)
    • Prince Keleseth (Utgarde Keep)
    • Prince Taldaram (Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom)

Nearest and Dearest
    :
    Complete the Love is in the Air storyline quest beginning with the Dangerous Love quest.
    How to: Alliance Quest (Dangerous Love - Quest - World of Warcraft), Horde Quest (Dangerous Love - Quest - World of Warcraft). Make sure you click the pauldron at the end, as that is what triggers this achievement.
    The quests are very simple, buy the two items, hand them in, and talk to NPCs located across the city.

Perma-Peddle:
    Obtain a permanent Peddlefeet pet by procuring a Truesilver Shafted Arrow. NOT REQUIRED ANYMORE.
    How to: See Warcraft - Farming for Peddlefeet for a VERY detailed guide.

Shafted!:
    Shoot 10 players with the Silver Shafted Arrow.
    How to: Obtain
    Silver Crafted Arrow from Gifts, apparently, they are very common.
    Then target players, and use the item.

Sweet Tooth:
    Sample the Love is in the Air candies listed below.
    How to: The lollies are found in
    Box of Chocolateswhich are from Gifts.

The Rocket's Pink Glare:
    Shoot off 10 Love Rockets in 20 seconds or less.
    How to: Obtain 10 x
    Love Rocket's from TWO SETS of Gifts stick it into your action bar and spam.

Nation of Adoration: Obtain a Gift of Adoration from each of the cities listed below.
    How to: Here is the copy and pasted guide from a very helpful person from WowHead.
    Each City-specific Gift Collection is a combination of three items, and each of those is a combination of five items.

The nine most basic items (the various individual trade-goods, pledges, and cards) are given by inhabitants of the respective city. In exchange you must give them a Love Token, while sporting a drop from a Bottle of Perfume or Cologne. The Tokens and anointments are sold by Innkeepers. When you are perfumed, male inhabitants will take note; when you are sporting cologne, female inhabitants will be intrigued. A heart will appear over their heads as a sign of their curiosity.

When you talk to an interested guard or citizen and give them a Love Token, their response depends on your current status and a bit of luck.

• If the object of your affection is not impressed, they will give you a 60-minute debuff called Heartbroken. Alas, you cannot show affection to any other inhabitants while your heart remains broken. However, other players can mend your broken heart if they have an Unbestowed Friendship Bracelet.
    • Usually you will receive the Adored 60-minute debuff and a potentially nice package -- a Gift of Adoration (from a citizen) or Pedge of Adoration (from a guard). Obtaining a Gift of Adoration from each of the participating cities awards the "Nation of Adoration" achievement.

While Adored, you can continue to give Love Tokens but the package you receive in return will be less valuable -- a simple Gift of Friendship or Pledge of Friendship. (There is no way to remove the Adored debuff, thus limiting you to one chance per hour at the better packages.) Citizens give Gift packages which contain trade-good items corresponding to the gift-giver's city. Guards give Pledge packages which contain a city-specific type of paper (either a Guard's Card or a Pledge of Loyalty).
    Enjoy your soon-to-be titles! and thanks for reading!
    Even thanking me with a reply is enough!
    Last edited by Syncness; 02-12-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Sorry, I can't enlarge the size of the achievements, cause it's a link.
    Double check you're trading with me in case of impostors

[Event + Guide] Your 1 Stop "Love is in the Air" Guide for 2009! MUST READ!
    Gripen2's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great guide.

Without these World Event guides i wouldn't do any of them.

Cryde's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the guide is pretty Nice^^
    +rep from me If I can^^

Tatertots's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +2! Great guide

Eaassas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love that you are early with this guide mate... gives me more time to read it and get ready for the big day
    Cheers and ofcourse +rep

sT@N's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Guide dude have 2 cookies.

flaeskfia's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Guide Thanks

Smygelito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow nice guide, i doubt i will do those quest but it will help if i do. +Rep for a nice guide!

Century's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great guide dude get some rep!

Itzelsnitch's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice, no idea how u release them so early :P
    Ur really gonna help me get my violet protodrake only need upto brewfest and im gtg :O haha
    +rep <3

pauk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, already had a guide written, well guess you were first. Nice guide
    edit: I've send my guide to you, hopefully there's something usefull in there
    Last edited by pauk; 02-09-2009 at 01:55 PM.

trumpeter617's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide -- formatting could use a bit of love, but the content is all spot on.

KrazyRobot's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Eaassas View Post
    I love that you are early with this guide mate... gives me more time to read it and get ready for the big day
    Cheers and ofcourse +rep
    Yeah, it's great that this was posted so early. Thanks for it.

Dazzled's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one man =)

Drakketh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R