Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safegaurd Your World of Warcraft Account.

Hey All,
    It's Quite Usual That Many Of Us, Would Love To Use Glider Bot Or Any Other Hacks Which Are So-Called 'Undetected' And Some Of Us Who Are New To World of Warcraft, Can Also Think About 'Powerlevelling Companies' Or Buying Gold For Real Currency, My Own WoW EU Account Got Hacked Even Though I Didn't Take Any Such Steps. My Main Level 36, Blood Elf Rogue Got Hacked Quite Bad, I Lost 345 Gold! At Level 36, This Wasn't A Bad Amount. My All Alts Got Deleted And Worse Yet, The Hacker Changed The Password And E-mail. Now, I Have Great Difficulty Trying To Reclaim My Account. Based On Research And Experience, I Have Written Some Points. So That If Those Are Followed Your WoW Account Will Be Safe, (To A Great Extent). Here They Are-

1) While In-Game, Try Not To Use Harsh Words With Other Players. If Some Other Player Keeps Pestering You Just Put Him On Your Ignore List. And Take A Screenshot And Send It To A GM.(If You Are Very Bent On Insulting Him/Her. Log Off, Make An Alt, Whisper To Him Whatever You Have On Your Mind, Just Make Sure You Put Him On Your Ignore List. So He/She Doesn't Get A Chance. After The Conversation, Immediately Log Out And Delete That Alt.)

2) Never Ever Visit Any Powerlevelling Site/Buying Gold Site. Although Most Players May Not Know This, Some Powerlevelling Sites, Or Should I Say Accont Stealing Sites, Will Actually Pass On An Info Stealer Into The PC, Which When You Log On Sends All Your Info To The Hacker, Worse Yet Those Can Also Delete Your Chars Completely. So, Next Time You See A Powerlevelling/Gold Selling Site, Just Leave.

3) Avoid Sending Your Account Info To Other People, Even Though If It's Your Closest Friend, Everyone Knows WoW Is Such An Addictive Game, That People Literally Give In. If You Can't Find Time To Level Your Characters, Leave Them As They Are, Better Than Losing Them To Other People.

4) Always Lauch World of Warcraft Through The Laucher And Not Simply The WoW EXE File. Since WoW Laucher Is Always Updated To Check PC For Info Stealers And When It Finds One, It Notifies You Immediately. Whereas The WoW EXE Doesn't Do The Same.

5) Be Very Careful While Downloading From P2P (Peer 2 Peer) Networks. Most Files You Download Will Contain A Dangerous Virus And Can Destroy Your PC. Limewire, Azerus, Utorrent,Ares Etc Are Some P2P Clients.

6) Avoid Entering Your Passord Or Account Info On Fake E-mails. Some People Use E-mail Spoofers To Fake The ID Of Blizzard GMs, Often They Ask For Your User Info, Don't Be Fooled. A Real Blizzard Employee Will Never Ask You For Your Info.

7) Always, Use An Updated Internet Security. I Myself Use, NOD32 After My Account Got Hacked, And There Has Been Peace Ever Since.

Be Always Careful While, Downloading Scamming Tools, Many People Get Attracted Towards Scamming Since It Can Give A Lot More, But While Downloading WoW Scamming/Hacking Tools, Be Careful Since Many Tools Contain A Virus Themselves And Your Trick Can Get Backfired On You.

9) When On A Wireless Network, Ensure The Following
    - Your Network Is Protected By A Strong Network Key.
    - You Always Keep Wireless Router Switched Off When Not In Use.
    - You Can Try To Buy Routers That Support WPA2 Encryption, WEP Keys Are The Easiest To Crack, WPA Keys Are Somewhat OK, And WPA2 Ones Are The Toughest To Crack Into.

I'll Be Back With More.
    That's All For Now.

I Hope This Guide Comes To Good Use To All

AngshumanSSJV

P.S.- Please Post If You Like My Guide. Thanks

Safegaurd Your World of Warcraft Account.
    Ginchy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    286/110
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna check to see if this is copied and pasted

AngshumanSSJV's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ginchy View Post
    Gonna check to see if this is copied and pasted
    Yep, I've Written It Myself, From Different Sources. I Can Gaurantee That You Won't Find The Exact Guide Anywhere Else.

StolenLegacy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Are You Using Capital Letters In Every Single Word...I Know That Writing Style, But It's Not Yours...
    Proud Member of the Federal Bureau of Moo

Kyiz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    or just pay the 7$ for a auth. key.
    Without Purpose, You Cannot Exist.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by StolenLegacy View Post
    Why Are You Using Capital Letters In Every Single Word...I Know That Writing Style, But It's Not Yours...
    Because That Way, It Looks Very Beautiful Anyways, How's The Guide?

chimx6x's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even in german we don't start every word with a capital letter o_O
    just suxx

a very important point you've not mentioned is, to check addon packages for viruses. especially the "not so famous ones".
    m8 of mine got scammed that way

but thx for the guide!

Chief's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this has nub written all over it. 36 main? it just sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. pretty much everything is common sense. i love the part where you say dont give account info to fake emails. looool

swankboss's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kryuki View Post
    or just pay the 7$ for a auth. key.
    Yes, this is all you really have to do, if you care about your account so much just paying $7 and its pretty much 100% safe unless you give out your key.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    this has nub written all over it. 36 main? it just sounds like it was written by a 3rd grader. pretty much everything is common sense. i love the part where you say dont give account info to fake emails. looool
    I was starting to play WoW, anyways I am not a WoW Nerd, so 36 is not less in 1 days played time.

7itanium's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AngshumanSSJV View Post
    Hey All,
    2) Never Ever Visit Any Powerlevelling Site/Buying Gold Site. Although Most Players May Not Know This, Some Powerlevelling Sites, Or Should I Say Accont Stealing Sites, Will Actually Pass On An Info Stealer Into The PC, Which When You Log On Sends All Your Info To The Hacker, Worse Yet Those Can Also Delete Your Chars Completely. So, Next Time You See A Powerlevelling/Gold Selling Site, Just Leave.
    so you accpect people with computer background to believe that VISITING a website without downloading anything will give you a keylogger

you cant get keylogged just by visiting a website-- you would have to agree to download something... that is why we have internet security :-)

OTHER THAN THAT-- its a nice guide +2rep

julian_in's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why did you have to write every first letter in capital?

Makeman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 7itanium View Post
    so you accpect people with computer background to believe that VISITING a website without downloading anything will give you a keylogger

you cant get keylogged just by visiting a website-- you would have to agree to download something... that is why we have internet security :-)

OTHER THAN THAT-- its a nice guide +2rep
    Actually if you're using internet explorer with active-x turned on you can easily catch trojans, keyloggers etc. just by visiting websites.

EcHoEs's Avatar lol why u mad
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10) Do Not Write Every Word With Capital Letter. It Is Not Proper English.

Otherwise, pretty nice guide.

Doubleerror's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Makeman View Post
    Actually if you're using internet explorer with active-x turned on you can easily catch trojans, keyloggers etc. just by visiting websites.
    Was going to say the same...
    Active-X and Java-Script can be really bad when you don't have a proper firewall/antivir-software and like to visit the evil websites...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast