Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow Priest PVP Guide

Ok i made this myself

First ,your specs are going to be be like this -->http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...02225103511251

With this guide your always in shadowform so i dont heal or anything.
    And the Spirit tap can be changed to Shadow Affinity or something in the Disc tree.

Tips in combat:
    1. Try to always have your Shield up.
    2. Try to always have Vampiric Embrace + SW: Pain on your victim.

Iam a Troll priest so i wont do a shaman duel

Warrior: Warriors are kinda easy in my opinion. First of all , get your Shield up. Then try to get SW:Pain and Vampiric embrace up as soon as possible. After they have charged you or are close to you whatever. Try to use Psycic Scream BEFORE Hes going beserker stance because that stance has a spell to become immune to Fear. When you fear him, Cast a mindblast + a mind flay on him. Immediatly after, shield again and do another mindflay and another SW:Pain if needed. If this doesnt kill him. Try another mind blast or spam Mind flay.

Mage: Mages can sometimes be a pain in the back. Fire mages are easy, Frost mages can be hard. First of all get your shield up. They will most likely sheep you and do a (trinket + ap) Fireball/Frostbolt. If you have enough time to Shield AND do a SW:Pain on him, you will most likely win. After your out of sheep put another Shield up and do a Vampiric Embrace. But up a mind blast and fear / silence the mage so you can spam mind flay. If a frost mage uses Ice block and your half-dead, Your in trouble. Try to have shield up all the time and cast a mind blast whenever possible. If you have a fear/ silence cooldowned, use it right after the ice block and wish yourself lucky ^^.

Priest:
    Shadowpriests would be a Mana burn fight. Since you can dispell shields and SW:Pains. ------- Holy priests: Never try to nuke them since they will just heal themselfs all the time. You can easily win a mana burn fight since you have silence. When hes out of mana or on low mana. Nuke them with mind blasts and mind flays.

Rogues
    : Rogues will most likely want to stun you all the time. In my fight against a rogue i have a Insignia of the Horde. Because they will stealth and immediatly after CHeap shot you, use the trinket to get free form the stun and use fear. After this SW:Pain + Vampiric embrace and Shield yourself. When you got enough time to cast a mind blast, do so, when you dont, cast another SW:Pain. You will DoT Them to death. Use another fear to get time to cast a mind blast if needed.

Hunters:
    Hunters are most likely an easy fight. Always put up a shield since you dont want their pets to disrupt your spells. Fear the pet as soon as possible and put a SW:Pain + VE on the hunter. Right after put up a mind blast and some mind flays. Shield again and Keep the SW:Pain on him. Fear the pet again and cast another mind blast on the hunter if needed.

Warlocks:
    Warlocks are your worst enemy as a priest. They can always fear. Get a shield up as usual. Quickly do a SW:Pain + VE , if you are going to be seduced. When the lock is trying to cast fear, Immediatly Silence and mind blast it. Fear the warlock and maybe the pet too, and spam mind flay. Cast another SW;Pain and you will most likely be feared.. when you are out of fear, dispell any magic on you. and just wait the warlock to be Dottted to death by your SW:Pain.

Paladins:
    Paladins is also kinda unpredictable. Always try to mana burn the paladins and silence/fear them as they try to heal. Try to end off with a mind blast ( Hopefully a crit) to not let them shield at very low health. Always have your SHield up and your vampiric embrace..they will just dispell SW:Pain so dont waste your mana on that. Just spam mind flay or mana burn. And cast a mind blast whenever possible.

Druidsruids can be a hard fight. Feral druids arent too difficult. Always have your shield up and when they are in bear/cat form. Just SW:Pain and mind blast and mind flay them till low health. They will go out and heal themself but you got silence. Silence them and end of with a mind blast.

Ocurxx
    BOOM Now i got your attention.

Shadow Priest PVP Guide
    XeroZ's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like this.. guide.. could u show me a build for a lvl 28

B7huff's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... Okay then... Here comes me... to correct your Incorrectness

Firstly, I think that Shadow Priests are overated. I have a 60 Priest, and I think that having shadowform is not that great an asset. As a priest, I think your main thing is that you can HEAL! better then any class out there, So You realy have to use that to your advantage. A better build in MY opninion is : http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/priests/talents.html?50023213002000020000000000000000502325103511201

Altho, yes there is Shadowform in it, It's just there so I can waste a point.

-Now, Lets start with a regular fight against a warrior. Assuming he gets the Jump on you, and Charges you. Psychic scream ASAP. If you don't he can easily Use Death-Wish Or as he said, Switch into Berzerker stance. As soon as he does this, Muh Muh Muh MIIIND BLASST (Sorry, I like mindblast.) And cast Shadow Word: Pain And begin the annoying Flay of death. If he's good, he will immediatly intercept you. If not, Then MuhMuhMuh Miiind flaay (as you can see I also like Mindflay). The warrior once he gets close will attempt to do that thing where they swing the axe and all and you go Owchies! That's my only arm!In any case get you're shiled up and start flaying//blasting//nuking. Whatever you feel like. If he hasn't become immune to fear, Go ahead do that too. The best thing is, is go ahead and heal if you feel like it. This of course assuming that your PRIMARY stat is Intellect . Just procede kiting and nuking, and he will be dead. Another good idea is to just lay on Dot (Dot
    s if you're undead) and run away like a sissy little girl. This works rather well in taking down their health a notch.

- Hunters: Ahhh hunters, the Nemesis of all things good. Or evil. Not sure yet. In any case start off the same. Shield up, And start running towards him screaming like a maniac, and laying on the Shadow Word: Pain, and Vampiric Embrace, (and possibly devouring plague, of course if Undead). Now, if this is a Marks hunter, he will scatter shot you the moment you get close. The way to combat getting low on heath like this, is run towards him casting your dots,and then, put a renew on your-self. This helps keep your health up in a pinch. When you get up close to the hunter, Ps-y-y-y-y-y-y-cich SCREAM (Thought you escaped from the evil colors eh, well think again) While the hunter is running, Mind-Blast, and I kind of enjoy doing Mana burn Rather then Mind-flay, But that's just me. Do what you want, Because at this point hes running away crying for his mother, and your sitting back owning. Remeber to heal early, Because they have plenty of ways of killing you before you can react. Oh, and 1 more thing. Remember to have a Shield-Macro. A button that you press that automaticly targets you, Cast's shield, and targets last enemy. I belive its something like ::

/Target YOUR NAME HERE
    /cast Power Word:Shield(rankX)
    /script TargetLastEnemy; <----- remember to caps the T , the L and the E, it doesn't work if u don't

-Mages: Mages are simple for me personaly. Remember to start up doing shield, Running towards them casting your Dots, and fearing. When they are running away from you remember to do Mindblast followed up by sequential casts of Mana burn. For me on my keybindings, 1=Mindblast, 2=Mana Burn 3=Mindflay 4=Flash heal, 5=Dispell magic. Frost mages will every now and then cast Ice-Barrier ? (correct me if I'm wrong on the name) a spell similar to your Power Word:Shield. When they do this immediately cast Dispell magic on them removing the Barrier. Just continue nuking them until they drop dead. Remember to heal at 75% health, where they will IMMEDIATLY counterspell you. That is what you want. Run up to them, and fear them, or just continue nuking, And then heal when it wears off, because you want to make the Mage waste his counterspell when you can easily survive without it. Also Note, that you should silence them when their casting at every possible moment, if their hands are blue or red, not white (for the noobs blue=frost, red=fire, white=arcane,and only arcane combat spell that has a cast time is sheep which is useless to interupt)

-Rogue: Rogues make me laugh, with their little stabbiness and all. Simple fight, just do this: Start off shielding, and starting to heal yourself. The rogue will thing your ACTAUALY trying to heal waste his kick. Then, immediatly use your scream and seriously Heal Yourself. Cast Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric embrace, And begin to flay. Since rogues are a melee class, Flay works well on them. Once they are in range of you, begin to Nuuuuke. Since rogues are weak on health dotting them and running away works good also. Remember that if they waste their stuns and kick, their dead so you can do whatever it is you want to do.

Thats all for now, im tired of typing Il finish it tommorow. Mkay. Thanks.

Btw for a lvl 27 build: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...02325100000000
    Last edited by B7huff; 07-21-2006 at 04:01 PM.
    O RLY?
    YA RLY.
    NO WAI!