Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great guide, wouldn't it be awesome if someone made a RAF leveling guide via questing, for those who don't have powerful enough computers/don't have a 70 friend/account to power level with, I'd pay to see that.

Complete RAF Levelling Guide
    imtakinusrs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    The option to grant characters on the primary account levels disappears once the character on the secondary account reaches level 60.
    Are you certain of that?

I mean, on my end, I leveled up a Pally along with a Mage, and made sure the Mage hit 60 before my Pally. And I was able to grant my Pally a level to boost him to 60, with his exp bar at 99.9%.

I was even able to skip to Level 61 using the Cloth quests. Although it's been about a week since I've done this. It could've been patched on maintenance to behave as you state, for all we know.

Also one thing you may wish to add to you guide is to level your guys up to 58, 60% exp. Why? Because you can turn in cloth quests for triple Exp as well, no matter the level (as long as it's not over 60, of course). Therefore, you can simply buy 15 stash of 20 silk, wool, mageweave and runecloth for each of your guys, and go to all capital cities to turn those in. You can turn these to 5 different NPCs. Taking the RaF bonus into account, all 5 turn-ins of the 4 cloth quests brings in a grand total of roughly 250k exp, which takes a level 58 60% toon to 60 immediately.
    Last edited by imtakinusrs; 09-07-2008 at 11:58 PM.

The Doctor's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by imtakinusrs View Post
    Are you certain of that?

I mean, on my end, I leveled up a Pally along with a Mage, and made sure the Mage hit 60 before my Pally. And I was able to grant my Pally a level to boost him to 60, with his exp bar at 99.9%.

I was even able to skip to Level 61 using the Cloth quests. Although it's been about a week since I've done this. It could've been patched on maintenance to behave as you state, for all we know.

Also one thing you may wish to add to you guide is to level your guys up to 58, 60% exp. Why? Because you can turn in cloth quests for triple Exp as well, no matter the level (as long as it's not over 60, of course). Therefore, you can simply buy 15 stash of 20 silk, wool, mageweave and runecloth for each of your guys, and go to all capital cities to turn those in. You can turn these to 5 different NPCs. Taking the RaF bonus into account, all 5 turn-ins of the 4 cloth quests brings in a grand total of roughly 250k exp, which takes a level 58 60% toon to 60 immediately.
    I had forgotten to mention the cloth turnins, but I'll add that into the guide. As for if they disappear at 60, I have heard mixed reports about that, a couple people have told me they disappear, and I was under the impression when I levelled my two toons, but I still have one sitting at 60 so I'll give it a try and update the guide accordingly.

edit - tested granting levels at 60, could not do so, still was capable of summoning/triple XP granting, no good on the levels, so unless someone can give me proof as to otherwise I'll leave it like so.

This is a great guide, wouldn't it be awesome if someone made a RAF leveling guide via questing, for those who don't have powerful enough computers/don't have a 70 friend/account to power level with, I'd pay to see that
    I'd recommend just following one of your average levelling guides that you can find all over the place. I legitimately levelled two of my characters double boxing with RAF to 40, and it was a cakewalk, you only need to take the easy quests and you can jump between zones quite easily, and so long as you don't pick up the quests where you have to collect individual items, it will be a breeze.
    Last edited by The Doctor; 09-08-2008 at 02:31 AM.
    If you're not going to bother to click the +Rep button, don't say you will.

Mr Barbeque's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is lawdtasic, this is excactly what i had in mind this guide will really help me out

+rep and thanks for the fantastic post

EDIT: I cant rep no moar today, remind me to rep you lat0rz
    Last edited by Mr Barbeque; 09-08-2008 at 03:01 AM.

JoanasGuide's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't quite understand this whole "Main account giving the 2nd account levels"-thing. How does it work? Where can I "give levels" from? Other then that - fantastic guide!

Edit: Ah, I saw the "Grant a level" on the drop down menu when I right click my character. However, it was grey (both characters are 36 atm). When can I do this? @ 59?

Anyway, +rep for you!
    Last edited by JoanasGuide; 09-09-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Plex's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had forgotten to mention the cloth turnins, but I'll add that into the guide. As for if they disappear at 60, I have heard mixed reports about that, a couple people have told me they disappear, and I was under the impression when I levelled my two toons, but I still have one sitting at 60 so I'll give it a try and update the guide accordingly.

edit - tested granting levels at 60, could not do so, still was capable of summoning/triple XP granting, no good on the levels, so unless someone can give me proof as to otherwise I'll leave it like so.

I'd recommend just following one of your average levelling guides that you can find all over the place. I legitimately levelled two of my characters double boxing with RAF to 40, and it was a cakewalk, you only need to take the easy quests and you can jump between zones quite easily, and so long as you don't pick up the quests where you have to collect individual items, it will be a breeze.
    I don't have physical proof, per say, but here is what I did: I leveled a shaman and a warlock together. I leveled them both to 59, then did a couple extra quests in outlands to get the lock to 60 (with the shaman as close to 60 as possible). When he hit 60, I gifted one level to the shaman, which raised him to 60, very close to 61. I also had a druid which was level 39 (very close to 40), and I gave him 21 levels, which made him also level 60, and very close to 61.

Also, I tried the cloth turn-ins at 56, and at least in Undercity (didn't try other cities, figured it'd be a waste of cloth) I didn't get any exp bonus (both characters grouped, standing next to eachother, etc).

Spectroom's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    expensive but rlly good!

imtakinusrs's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Plex View Post
    Also, I tried the cloth turn-ins at 56, and at least in Undercity (didn't try other cities, figured it'd be a waste of cloth) I didn't get any exp bonus (both characters grouped, standing next to eachother, etc).
    That part might have got silently nerfed during maintenance, then. I did that twice: once when the "drag a level 1 ghost" exploit was still in effect, and the other with two RaF-linked toons.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I saw the "Grant a level" on the drop down menu when I right click my character. However, it was grey (both characters are 36 atm). When can I do this? @ 59?
    The secondary account (the one that was recruited and then upgraded) has to be higher levelled than the primary account to grant levels to it. So if you're at 59 you can grant a 30 up to 59 using 29 level ups.

Was one of your characters a 60 by then? Because that'd be the reasoning behind that.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The secondary account (the one that was recruited and then upgraded) has to be higher levelled than the primary account to grant levels to it. So if you're at 59 you can grant a 30 up to 59 using 29 level ups.
    Does the one I give levels from decrease in level by the amount I give?
    Last edited by JoanasGuide; 09-14-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JoanasGuide View Post
    Does the one I give levels from decrease in level by the amount I give?
    No, the levels are entirely free, so using RAF will wind up giving you three 60s.

Desmus's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome guide.. thanks +Rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the levels are entirely free, so using RAF will wind up giving you three 60s.
    Wow, awsome! Thanks for taking the time to explain it! Highly appreciated.

mage123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does this work with 2 characters??

I have a lvl 70 lock lets say and my nub char who is in raf with my 70 lock.

I thought you had to be 4 levels from the character or the nub gets normal xp?

Am I worng here or am I missing something?

Confused!!!!!

wowjet's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You only and i repeat ONLY get the triple xp buff when both LINKED accounts are not of a trivial level. This means, recruiting a second account and LINK it to your own,
    wont work when you play with your 70 character and a lower level one.
    The mobs and quest your doing CANT be trivial to either.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast