Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Paladin Retribution Mechanics

Retribution:
    Retribution is the Paladin class DPS tree. Properly speced, geared and enchanted paladins are generally around the middle of the raid for DPS. They are more of a support class than a main source of DPS, however, if there is a Shaman putting windfury down for the paladin, they can put out a high amount of DPS.

Below is a build for a Retribution paladin, which will give them a high level of DPS for PVE. This build is not suitable for PVP. This build also serves as a build for paladins wishing to help augment their groups damage.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Hit Like You Mean It!!:
    With this build, a paladin gains an immense amount of damage from using their seals and judgements. Always start of by using Judement of Crusader on mobs. This will increase the critical strike chance by 3% and will inrease the amount of holy damage the target takes. These are two very critical points on a paladin. During normal DPS use Seal of Command. Seal of Command is based off of holy damage, so this spell will gain an additional amount from Judgement of the Crusader. In addition, if the target is stunned, it is highly reccomended that you Judge Seal of Command on the target, as you gain an additional amount of damage when a target is stunned or incapacitated.

Next source of damage, is Crusader Strike. Crusader Strike is an instant attack that deals 110% of weapon damage to the target. This is NOT based off holy damage, so there is no increase in damage delt from your Judgement.

Auras:
    Retribution paladins should have Sanctity Aura on. Sanctity Aura increases the groups holy damage by 10%. This will increase the damage delt by all of your Judgements and Seals. This buff is highly beneficial to Protection Paladins, so if there is a Protection Paladin in the raid, it is highly reccomended that you place both in the same group.

Blessings:
    Blessings, as with everything else, plays a critical role with Retribution Paladins. Retribution Paladins need Blessing of Kings, Blessing of Might and Blessing of Salvation. Kings will increase the paladins crit, attack power, weapon damage and spell damage. All of which directly increase the paladins damage out put. Blessing of Might will increase the paladins attack power, which also increases the paladins weapon damage. Blessing of Salvation lowers the amount of threat generated by the paladin by 30%, which combined with Fanatacism(Second to last talent on Retribution Tree), increases your threat reduction to 60%.

Gear:
    Gear is highly critical for Retribution Paladins. This is one of the most important aspects for a paladin. Without the correct gear, your damage will suffer more than other classes do from incorrect equipment.

Retribution Paladins will want gear with the following stats, in this order:
    Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intelligence.
    You will want gear with the following effects, in this order:
    +Critical Hit, +To Hit, +Attack Power.

For weapons, you will want to use a 2 hander. Sword'n'board(Weapon + Shield) does not put out efficient DPS when retribution. You will want to pay attention to what RACE you are when choosing what weapon type to use, as it affects your damage output. Read through your racials to see what is best for you.

Questions, comments, critiques are all welcome.

[Guide] Paladin Retribution Mechanics
    [Thefuzz]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when did pallys start doing damage? and also everyone knows what the spells do

heiser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paladins can pull pretty good DPS, around 900 in T5 fights with only blues/kara epics. Also, there are people that dont know.

grim412's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by heiser View Post

Gear:
    Gear is highly critical for Retribution Paladins. This is one of the most important aspects for a paladin. Without the correct gear, your damage will suffer more than other classes do from incorrect equipment.

Retribution Paladins will want gear with the following stats, in this order:
    Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intelligence.
    You will want gear with the following effects, in this order:
    +Critical Hit, +To Hit, +Attack Power.

For weapons, you will want to use a 2 hander. Sword'n'board(Weapon + Shield) does not put out efficient DPS when retribution. You will want to pay attention to what RACE you are when choosing what weapon type to use, as it affects your damage output. Read through your racials to see what is best for you.

Questions, comments, critiques are all welcome.

wow ive seen fail guides. but this.

First if your not hit capped, even more so using a 2 hander you fail. so your thing about +hit being over ap is fail.

There is barley anything here here that helps you on 'how to play' a ret pally. He just describes their moves and abilities. And tells what buffs are good.

Wow, common sense?

how about telling the hit cycle? or the hit cap? do you even know? or what to do when mana gets low, or what pots to use. or how to gem gear. or how to balance your ap and crit.

look what you say for 'gear'. oh wow i didnt know gear helps, thanks man. Im a good ret pally now.

'weapons' - use a 2 hander? really? i never woulda thought.

you're telling us that our race affects our damage output. wow. thanks..... what race's to what?

Dont follow this guide.
    :run:

[Thefuzz]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paladins can pull pretty good DPS, around 900 in T5 fights with only blues/kara epics. Also, there are people that dont know.
    lol are you on crack when you look at the dps charts?

Roller's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ending View Post
    lol are you on crack when you look at the dps charts?
    there might have been a windfury totem. what is wrong with you.

And thanks for the contribution i just respecd my retri paladin and i was looking for a decent small but informational full guide and this actualy did the trick.!

+rep mate!

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paladins can put out excellent DPS Ending wtf are you talking about you tard.

bisbolo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a retri dps pve paladin. I'm alliance. I do raid in ZA, TK and SSC and on Nallorakk (Anything to do, just don't overaggro). I usually do 800-900 dps buffed with just a feral druid in my party.
    1200 dps when I use AW.

Màlùs.
    Dragonblight.
    "Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae".

Fezz0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Retribution:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Hit Like You Mean It!!:
    With this build, a paladin gains an immense amount of damage from using their seals and judgements.

Have you ever played paladin in raids? If yes, then you should know that most bosses and mobs are IMMUNE to Vindication.
    The fact that you used point in this talent and telling us that this is part of a Paladins
    IMMENSE amount of damage only shows that you in fact don't have a lot of paladin experience at all. I'd suggest putting these points either in Divine Intellect or Persuit of Justice.

Tips for next time when you think of making a Class related guide:
    - Be more specific, e.g. explain the best dps wise cast cycle.
    - Think before you post, e.g. don't tell people talents work for certain speccs when they in fact don't (vindication anyone?)
    - Get your facts straight, e.g. when you explain which stats are best, make sure you are actually correct. (Imo Hit is more important then Crit, becuase if you can't HIT a mob you CANT crit him).

But DONT get discouraged by this, just learn from your mistakes and make a much better guide next time you try!

heiser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback... Next time I will take more time =), Ill do hunter next because that is what I play as my main.

fortunez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    paladins cant do any dps if they dont have a windfury totem backing their ass

fortunez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --------in pvp that is

fortunez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in raids dps pala's do amazing dps and contribute with pretty useful debuffs/buffs

Roller's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ban this jerk triple post to get attention -_-

but ye i want to see a hunter guide xD since ill be botting 1 soon

heiser's Avatar Member