0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Auctioneer is your Friend!

No problemo ... now I just hope that someone could understand and hopefully anwser to my fuzzy question

Auctioneer is your Friend!
    sadinvention's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottom scanner is the best gold making farming whatever guide by far. I had auctioneer when it was down all those months and was running dev versions, gamma and alpha. I didn't read this guide, but get to playing around with the settings and scan often. Helps if your on a high pop server. I lost count of how many times I've picked up an epic BoE for less than 5g. I had an alt account that I leveled to 16, with selling the linen and whatever else I found on AH. With bottomscanner over the next couple months, that few silver turned into several thousand gold. Anyone who knocks this is really missing out and please continue to do so Don't want you cutting into my gold empire. I WAS the AH pretty much at one point I had so much gold. Out of 10k+ items, I had 4k+ up. LOL grinding.

Basicaly it comes to this. No guide will make your virtual pockets expand alone. Just because auctioneer says that stack of peacebloom should be sold for 10g doesn't mean you should buy it if it is up with a 9g buyout. I've been playing this game since beta and auctioneer is my bread and butter. No chest or scam or exploit or bot ever made me as much money and as fast as this mod has. I've tried them all.

I could give all my gold away except for 5 gold and be over a thousand gold again within a week. Put in work and research and the reward will be never having to go grind again and can buy anything you ever want or need without hesitation. Auctioneer is great, but with the added ability of scanning items AS THEY ARE BEING PUT UP ON THE AH and knowledge of what items sell for is truly an unbelievable duo.

Nevermind what I typed here though, as it is against my better judgement to educate folks on this little gem. You never saw this There is some chest in Alcatraz I think

J/K I'll set up an easy to follow guide with settings and how to set them up later tonight. I will post it then or maybe even tomorrow on this thread. Auctioneer ftw.

*********************************************Post got merged****************************************

First off, for all the ones posting like "hey look at me, i read the title and not the contents and am flaming lalallalalala auctioneer lol." Don't read this.

Granted the OP should have named the thread BTM or bottomscanner is your friend or something along those lines, but regardless the contents of the post is about BTM. Not auctioneer itself. Find some post on that here....With the content that this post has. :nervous:

But anywho's,

Here is what I use. These are the commands I type in.

/btm load always
    /btm maxprice 99999999
    /btm minprofit 10
    /btm pctprofit 10%

I don't mess around with the disenchant part as I'm not an enchanter. If you are, make sure to set these up.

Guesstimates on these disenchanting ones.

/btm mindeprofit 3500
    /btm pctdeprofit 20%
    /btm enchant 375

/btm vendprofit 10

Probably the most important one next. Make sure to set bidding to ALLOWED!
    /btm allowbids 1

/btm minseen 0
    /btm safetynet 0 99999999

Thats my settings. There are more options that get into snatching items, setting items worth, ignore/unignore items and also the ability to set up your own baserules.

If you use these settings I have laid out, make sure you check allakhazam for a rough estimate of prices until you get the hang of it. I found I get the most pop-ups with these settings and pop-ups = profit. Scan AH often, I can't stress that enough.

My saved searches for just the plain ole AH are

3g min profit
    30% less
    medium time

and

5g buyout
    20% less

I hardly ever use the searches anymore though. BTM is that good ~.^

Once you get the hang of it, you will adjust your settings to your liking. Oh, and you have to have gold ;p BTM won't pop up while scanning if you don't have the cash to bid on the item or buy it out. I fluctuate any given day plus or minus 5,000g, but I've been doing this awhile also. Meaning I will spend 5k gold if I know I'll have 8k gold coming to me later on. Sometimes you will have items that are slow selling. So what ;p They will sell. ***Don't ever put up a ton of the same item.*** A guild bank might be emptying there vault, I'll buy it and sell it at the times it will make me the most gold. If I sit on some of the items for a month, so be it.

If you have an alt account you have it made. Can park your little hustler at AH while your off saving the world. I hope I've shed some light on this awesome addon. Now go enjoy your newfound wealth.
    Last edited by sadinvention; 04-10-2007 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Fiction's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping, this is sadinvention but my post got merged and don't want the people who read to miss this:wave:

Iginit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate... I've got three words for you,.. please **** yourself!....

haha nah, just kidding, they were actually: I love you ... thank you very much for giving this tip to the public, and as an reward for your effor comes the mighty [Robe of Reputations]

--------------------------
    | Binds when picked up |
    | Chest Cloth |
    | 643 Armor |
    | +1 Godfullness |
    | +1 Mmowned reputation|
    -------------------------

EDIT: Tried to make the "|" look more like a wondow, unfortunately there's some "auto-spacebar removing" thing which ****s it all up ... anyway, + rep
    Last edited by Iginit; 04-11-2007 at 02:23 PM.

unholymara's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i used the options set by sadinvention i keep getting popups for lvl 10 items for a 15s profit and stuff like that, auctioneer also made a retarted mistake saying enchant recipe unholy is worth 100g and i would make a 80g profit if i buyout for 20g, when i do buy it out, i check AH and theres 4 other same recipes being sold for 10g buyout or less.. got me pretty mad

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To unholymara,
    This isn't a failproof setup, if you see what I wrote, it says check allakhazam until you get the hang of it. That recipe WILL sell for 40+ gold, just don't put it up when others are selling it. Let them underbid eachother until A). they are all sold or B) they got into such a bidding war you can buy them all out for dirt cheap, then sell one at a time for 40+ gold. My settings will get you a ton of pop-ups while scanning. Boost /btm minprofit 1000 or 100 if you don't like profit no matter what form it comes in.

Any serious purchase I make on the AH, I always stop the scan and search for other competitors. If I feel I can turn a profit, I'll buy it(and maybe thiers) and get back to scanning. My settings for /btm minprofit 10 was like that because I started another account yesterday ;p So anything that would show a profit of 10 copper would shown. Now it is at 100 for 1 silver.

With a little over 10 hours play time and using this mod I have my main character I am playing at level 17 in all green gear, my bank alt has over 50g allready. It works. Put in the work and research and I promise you will be like "omg, i can't believe its this easy"

Like I stated above, just because something pops up looking like it is one heck of a deal, doesn't mean that it 100% is. Time and double-checking will prevent you from making any mistakes. Keep at it, you'll see

Maverike's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah, sorry guys have not posted on mmowned.com inawhile =P I'd like to give a huge thanks to sadinvention for filling in there +rep 4 you! Yeah my post was sorta a out of the blue, can't believe this worked post that I really did not put much effort into >< I was to excited about how much money I had made =DDD As of naming this thing something to do with BTM... I really didn't know how popular auctioneer guides were because I never use the guide section of this site and didn'y even know if people would now what BottomScanner was.
    Now some advice I'd like to give, never start the BTM scans right off the bat, make sure you have done quite a few auctioneer scans or you ARE going to lose quite a bit of money unless you happen to know what the average price of every item is on your realm or have done some studying. Also when doing an auctioneer scan you can always start up a BTM scan at the same time and kill 2 birds with one stone. It's all up to you really.
    Again TYVM to Sad.

Detzett40's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Snitch
    Another auctioneer guide, another -10 rep fan club. Oh the shame. Next you'll be telling me Brian Kopps and Joana's guides are posted frequently by different people, what? They are? OMFG.

Snitch
    + rep for snitch... I agree if you dont yet have auctioneer then you = nub, but then this is good for you. If you have auctioneer and didn't know this then you = extreeme nub, wow... this is what auctioneer is for but no one would ever think that by looking at the name of the mod.
    seriously though + rep for snitch
    ||

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Detzett40
    + rep for snitch... I agree if you dont yet have auctioneer then you = nub, but then this is good for you. If you have auctioneer and didn't know this then you = extreeme nub, wow... this is what auctioneer is for but no one would ever think that by looking at the name of the mod.
    seriously though + rep for snitch
    Search for the content found in this post anywhere else on this site. And put a link to it. bottom scanner or btm is fine. 80 trillion post on how to hit the scan button, buy low sell high are here. What times blah blah blah.

This is showing people what type settings to use without getting too complicated. Should I get into lua and the use of baserules? Regardless of what you think, this post has helped folks and has content not found ON ANY OTHER POST in this forum.

I could go search for about 5 minutes on the web and bring back 90% of topics on this forum word for word dang near. I see people on this forum getting +rep and all that jive for telling someone where some herbs are at. Awesome.

This is something actually worthwhile, with knowledge not found anywhere else on this site, and it gets knocked down by people that fail to read and doesn't appreciate the time it took from someone trying to help others out and typing a simple to follow guideline to which obviously some people did not know about.

But anyways, +rep for you Detzett40, just because I can.

For you guys that I've helped, I'm in the process of making a pdf with screenshots, little boxes of info and some more useful and in-depth workings of this mod, specifically bottomscanner.
    Last edited by sadinvention; 04-13-2007 at 12:38 PM.

MagellanFreet's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just made me about 250g ^^ had 100g, bought loads of stuff and DE it, also it got Formula Enchant Gloves - Riding Skill for 5g, resold for 128g. Then I bought Fiery Weapon enchant and still have 220g and about 15 auctions left ^^. +rep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123