0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[How To] Safer net and faster comp.

Hi its me again. I saw post that someone clicked on virus site and got Virus. so i tough i should make guide on how to safer Net and faster comp.

Ok so i Prefer that you install Firefox click it and download it. Its Safer than Internet. and Better.

You can download Addons into it. No i dont mean WoW Addons. Net addons. Like Download bar, interface modifications etc.

To make safer net, I prefer that you download the addon called NoScript. So usually when you got virus from website it comes trough Java. Noscript askes you always if you wanna accept it. yes, it askes almost every site it. because every website uses some java. But when you first accept them, it doesent ask same again. When you use this and wonder why some pictures doesent show, or got Noscript symbol on them, it means you havent accepted the site. ( it pop-ups noscript and askes you..)

the next addon is Flagfox it shows the country where the site is hosted. it helps you in downlaod thinks, like when you try download fastest you see wich server is best and nearest country for you. Yes i know i get many comments about this that its really useless.. Well, i just putted it here, Because someone might interest this.( Like me )

and you can find more addons at Here.

Ok there was the Internet part, now comes part
    How to Faster Computer.

So the next works only for Windows XP.
    Go to start menu ( its located bottom,left at your screen) Then go to Run, and type there
    Msconfig
    Then when window popups. Go to Start up ( right upper from window. Then check if there is some useless. then put off Cross from ones, what you dont need at start up. ( Example Messenger,Windows media player. There might be even virus.. Googling those names / word combos is too recommed, because if they are virus, or some important of your system..
    Then go to Services ( left from start up from the windown) then put cross into
    Hide all microsoft services
    Wait till the list is loaded again.
    Then put cross off from the ones you dont need ( google again if not sure). You can even catch virus if there is virus at startup. ( over 70% viruses put them up to startup list.. or services list ).

Previous think faster your Startup, and can even get you rid from few viruses.

Next Downlaod CCleaner. It does fast clean up from files that are Useless. and takes space. It removes Following files. Does not remove ANY important files!

Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.

Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.

Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File

Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs,

Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more...

also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
    Next think removes your cookies, What you've browsed, and all other crap wich browsing brings for your computer.

Go to Tools from firefox (top of firefox browser).
    then go Setup. then cross Following Empty choosed Privacy files, every time when you close firefox.
    (YaY, now parents cant see what sites im Browsing )
    It askes from you what you wanna delete everytime you close firefox. ( little popup )

You can put some favorite Sites into 1 stage lower from where you write WWW.------------.---
    By press the icon behind www and pull it to the lower stage. ( PUT MMOWNED INTO IT )!! :wave:

Don't flame about if i haven't putted exactly same names on those Crossing sections. Because my system and firefox are finnish langue, i tried to translate it good as i can. i think you can read it..
    Last edited by stormer; 07-25-2008 at 07:21 AM. Reason: To make it better \,,/_
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-guides/150097-how-make-awesome-signatures.html

[How To] Safer net and faster comp.
    Bloodredhood's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Muuten ihan ok mutta englanti takkuaa

Poglia's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/19
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide for computer n00bs but I already know all.

Eepi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jep, ihan hyvä ohje, mutta sieltä löytyi kylläkin muutama kirjoitusvirhe. (En kyllä tarkoita sitäkään, että itse osaisin englantia paljon paremmin. )

I think this will help some people. Not me,... ...anymore. If I had read this like 6 months ago, then this would have helped me a lot! +Rep anyway

vaeldas's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for some people, but no one wants to get keylogged!

OblivionMage's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo this is rep spam... not related to wow and all you did was link to a few browser addons

If you want to keep comp safe;

-Don't be an idiot
    -Use a hardware or software firewall (routers can have them)
    -Use an antivirus program (kaspersky, nod32, whatever you like (avg is free))

Note that firefox doesn't do THAT much, noscript is very useful though. Go to Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com to find more programs like the ones he linked (ccleaner).
    The best way to prove a point is to argue it with faulty arguements.

Chyp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by stormer View Post
    Its Safer than Internet

Epic. *Filling*

gramkind's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making my kids read this (also filler)

stormer's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vaeldas View Post
    Good for some people, but no one wants to get keylogged!
    Question.. do you mean i got keylogs on download?? I Lolled soo hard! I think firefox is Browser not keylog or addons are addons, no keylog ofc you can scan them if you want.
    https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-guides/150097-how-make-awesome-signatures.html