Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TUU's Guide to PvP Warriors--Feedback please!

DISCLAIMER: Half credit goes to me, half goes to Blizzard. Most of these tips are original. THis is thoroughly based off of my own experience. This guide was originally written some year and a half ago, so if I fail to name added abilities, insert them where needed.

So you are a warrior, rushing into battle with adrenaline running through your veins...some people cal you barbarian, cannibal! But really, is it any more civilized to destroy people's minds with a fireball? Or to sneak around like a thief? Become the ultimate killing machine with this guide.

I. WARRIOR
    Like usual Class vs Class battles, this is an extremely simple battle on who has more armor and better weapons (skill is an extremely small factor; I'll leave that up to you). you'll want something to stun them first. It is ABSOLUTELY IMPERATIVE that you are the one first to charge. If that fails, disarm the warrior and a Demoralizing Shout. You'll want to keep them snared and engaged.

II.WARLOCK
    Since most of my characters are undead, Warlocks are a piece of cake. For any other race, however, they will be your toughest battle. Try an Intimidatin Shout as soon as you see him casting a shadow spell. Recklessness is your best weapon here. AS soon as he gets out of the daze effect, wait for him to start casting Fear, then use a Pummel. You might need to use hamstring if he flees, but you'll kill him long before that.

III.SHAMAN
    You'll start to feel a growing hatred for shamans, or their totems, or both. Be sure you have some health potions, because if the shaman lays down multiple totems, you'll be caught in a trap of death. So as son as you charge, activate Hamstring. If you see him casting a spell of any kind, use pummel. If he lands an Earthbind totem, try ti hamstring again. Follow up with a combination of rage attacks, such as Heroic Strike, Cleave, or Slam. They will fall as easily as any other healer.

IV.ROGUE
    The first thing you want to attack Rogues with is Rend. If they stealth, the DOT will break it. Hamstring them, and switch to defensive stance long enough to do disarm, and switch back. Keep them engaged and snared at all times.

V.PRIEST
    E-A-S-Y. You might want an Intimidating Shout just to give you an 8 second opening. If you have it, Mortal Strike can be used to end the battle quickly. They'll go down as easily as any healer.

VI.PALADIN
    Paladins follow a usual dictation: Warrior hamstrings, Paladin sees hes losing, turns on Shield and heals. Shield wears off and Paladin fights more. Another Invulnerability spell, heal, still losing, Paladin dies. Pummel when he's using a holy spell to cut out that line, and that will end that.

VII.MAGE
    Mages can be your hardest battle. They can keep you snared or rooted for a lengthy amount of time. Watch the timer closely, and make a dash for the mage after it wears off. Try to pummel them while they are using an ARcane or Frost spell; this eliminates most of their escape and snare spells. Surviving the first line of spells while rooted is the hardest part; if you can survive that, you can win. You might need potions, as well.

VIIII.HUNTER
    First off, hamstring the pet. THat takes it out of the picture for 15 seconds. If the Hunter is using Aspect of the Cheetah, hit him with a ranged attack. Continue Hamstringing the pet, or, if you have the time, kill it altogether. Aside from that, you can make short work of Hunters.

IX.DRUID
    Easiest class to beat upon. Caster? No problem! Charge, pummel, hamstring. Bear form? No problem! Charge, rend, other skills. Cat form? No problem! Charge, hamstring, rend.

OTHER TIPS
    A. You'll be spending most of your money on keeping up to date on equipment. A warrior's survival depends on his stuff.

B.Taunt, Mocking blow, and Challenging Shout are your companions' saviors. BE sure to use them often to draw the pressure away.

C. Be a mercenary! This has worked out for me. Find someone about your level or below who is asking for help. Ask for a small fee (e.g. 5 s, 6 s, etc.) and help them out. Of course, this can't be too profitable, but I made a lot from helping out peeps.

Please enjoy the guide, and leave feedback!

CHEERS!

~THeUltimateUndead
    Last edited by Örpheus; 07-05-2006 at 07:34 PM.

TUU's Guide to PvP Warriors--Feedback please!
    Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you lad but i kill a warlock faster and easier then a mage :s .. i dont like the blink :P

Rimk's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very poor guide.. Sorry. (I'm a level 60 Warrior so I know what I'm talking about ^.-)

Ced's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but its usefull for like the shaman

Örpheus's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, well, as said in the mage disclaimer, say what you want...this is expressively opinion based off of my own skill and experience.

Adde's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't agree with this guide at all. It sounds like you never played as a warrior, because you dont even named, disarm, intercept, and more.

Sorry for my bad english.

Örpheus's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guide has been updated after I played my Warrior a little more. The original guide has been sitting in my Microsoft Word for little more than a year, so I'm starting to research the updated warrior skills. I'll add them in soon enough.

rav's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheUltimateUndead
    VIIII.HUNTER
    First off, hamstring the pet. THat takes it out of the picture for 15 seconds. If the Hunter is using Aspect of the Cheetah, hit him with a ranged attack. Continue Hamstringing the pet, or, if you have the time, kill it altogether. Aside from that, you can make short work of Hunters.
    no you have it wrong against hunters, i find warriors very easy, dont ever ever touch the pet as he is just a distraction.

if a hunter's pet is out check if he has spirit bond, this makes it a semi harder fight as he is likely BM spec and for 12 seconds of the fight he will be annoying (best to sheild up till he has burnt BW).
    if he doesnt have SB then the pet is likely just a distraction and no real threat, it normally just means he isnt going to chain trap you.

If he doesnt hace a pet out is when you have to worry, he is likely a chain trapper so keep a good eye where he is FD'ing, i find the best approach with traps is when the duel is starting run towards him and over the other side thus off his trap he had laid, important to hamstring him as often as you can as a mail is really over rated.

Masterwanger's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taunt dosen't work in pvp.