0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~AV Premades~ How to start, How to win [Horde]

I am writing this guide due to the general idiocy that people show towards Alterac Valley. I mean, most PuG games these days are won because one team or the other is more stupid. A horde team with nobody (or everybody) on defense, an alliance one that loses SPGY within 4 minutes, etc... PuG AV's are a luck of the draw game that you cannot really affect. Your team will either win or lose, the game may be quick or long, and you can’t do much to change this.

Now, premade AV's are a different thing altogether;
    Just because its a premade with 15-35 people you know / from your server doesn't mean that the game will be an easy win. You cannot just say "Go out and pleh lol", but rather you have to assign groups tasks and have a dynamic strategy.

Table of Contents:
    Introduction
    Abbreviations
    Required Addons

Getting your Premade together (To be written)
    Short Guide
    Long Guide

PuG Guide (To be written)
    AV Rules (To be written)
    Ending Notes (To be written)

Introduction:
    Why?
    Why run Alterac Valley Premades? There are a lot of reasons, but mostly because it is almost undeniably the most effective way to grind honor. With a good setup and a lot of people, you can get 400-500 honor in 8-15 minutes, and with 5 minutes in-between (For , you can get a minimum of 1500 honor an hour, and as much as 2100ish.

Note:
    This strategy is anti-PuG, it is not meant for Premade VS Premade. It is designed to yield as much honor as possible in the shortest amount of time.
    This guide does not mention Mines at all. Mines are for Turtle PuG's, nothing else.

Abbreviations
    (If you are level 70 and don't know these...wow...but here they are anyways);
    (Note again that this whole guide is HORDE oriented so some unimportant Horde)

RF - Relief Hut (HORDE graveyard)
    AS - Aid Station (ALLIANCE graveyard)
    SHGY - Stoneheard Graveyard (ALLIANCE graveyard)
    FWGY - Frostwolf Graveyard (HORDE graveyard)
    South - South Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)
    North - North Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)
    IBGY - Iceblood Graveyard (HORDE graveyard)
    IW Bunker - Icewing Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)
    SHGY - Stoneheard Graveyard ( ALLIANCE graveyard)
    SH Bunker - Stoneheard Bunker (ALLIANCE bunker)

Required Addons;
    Preform AV Enabler - This is critical in joining the AV together. There is no excuse for a member not having this.
    Curse link:
    Preform AV Enabler | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

Getting your group together
    To be written. (Its not very difficult, just set one up with your guildies and explain to them the plan).

Short Guide
    Note that this can always change, and should not affect anything but the starting rush;
    15 - Rush AS
    5 - Defend RF
    5 - IBGY choke
    7 - Attack BAL
    2 - Take SH Bunker

For some of you this might be enough to do the strategy, but here is the [very] longwinded version:

Long Guide
    Here is a map that I made for AV:

((“n0()b LOL SFGY is NEUTRAL l2p leechhr!”, I put SFGY as Alliance because no Horde player should *ever* (Not necessarily but for this guides purpose) even think of capturing it.))

Group Organization / Composition:

Premade has 10 – 20 players
    • -All to AS (Use only Alpha group)
    • -The PuG people should take BAL (While screaming at you that you need 30+ people to kill ‘Balinda’)

Premade has 20 – 35 players
    • -15 to AS (Alpha)
    • -5-10 Defense (Cyclone + Delta)
    • -0/8 BAL (Beta)

-Each group should have a paladin (If possible) for mount speed

Alpha (AS rushers)
    • -As many healers as possible
    • -Rogues + Heavy DPS
    • -Lots of Warriors (Seem to work well with their survivability / DPS)
    • -Your best PvP geared people should be in this group

Beta (BAL PvE)
    • -2 -3 healers
    • -2 tanks
    • -Your best PvE geared people (They will have to kill BAL quite quickly with only a few people)

Cyclone (IB Defense)
    • -Anyone can do this

Delta (Base / RF defense)
    • -Hunters / Locks / Mages / AoE seem to be good at Defense, but anyone can do it

Echo (Everything else)
    • -Anyone else

((“n00b wtf wid geh group namz u suk op”, its my guide I can write whatever I want. And the NATO names (Altered for WoW XD) are functional and easy to understand))

Group Tasks;
    Alpha

Step 1: Leave cave as fast as you possibly can, run along the route shown (Your goal is to get to AS as fast as possible).

Step 2: When you pass IW Bunker you should all head off the path and go under the bridge to SPGY.

Step 3: When you get to SPGY, the first few people should rush right across the bridge without stopping. About 3 of the 15 should stay at SPGY to cap it and defend it.

Step 4: Go over the bridge immediately and run right to Aid Station. DO NOT dismount until you are on top of Aid Station. Hunters / Clothies should go a little bit past AS so as to be completely out of the way of the tower bowmen.

Step 5: Now you should have capped AS and SP, you should have some people go into North and South bunkers, and make sure that BAL is dead and you have all of the Alliance towers. The Allies should have captured IBGY at this point, but not FWGY.

Step 6: Attack Van when you are ready to end the battle (It’s a good idea to wait until the bunkers cap for extra honor).

Beta

Step 1: Get to BAL as soon as possible.

Step 2: Set up a main tank and an offtank, with healers for each of them. Then have the main tank pull her and DPS her down.

Step 3: Make sure IW Bunker is taken, as well as SHGY and SH Bunker, then join Offense.

Cyclone

Step 1: Move to IBGY

Step 2: Harass the Alliance but DON”T wipe them at Galv

Step 3: Hold them off at your Towers / IBGY as much as you can

Step 4: Move back and defend as the Alliance push

Delta

Step 1: Run right to RF.

Step 2: Defend RF when the Alliance attacks.

Step 3: Call incomings and tell some people to trinket in if you need to.

Step 4: DO NOT let the alliance capture the graveyard or the towers.

Echo

Step 1: Make sure SHGY and SH Bunker are taken and held.

Step 2: Do whatever your team needs

PuG Guide:
    To be written.

AV Rules:
    As for the rules of Alterac Valley, I will explain some basics below but seriously, wowwiki.com

End Notes:
    To be written.

Here is a short Alliance version:
    -Rush RH with 10 (Don't need as many as Horde does to get AS)
    -Chokepoint SPGY with 25

The RH rush takes priority over the choke, so if it was a 11 man premade, you would have 10 members doing the rush and 1 on the choke.

Here are some comments and responses;

C = Charlie
    I mentioned that I didn't use the exact NATO names, I put 'cyclone' in because it fits WoW better.
    You want to know how to win as horde (CAMP GALV) and get one of the towers back and horde automatically win.
    LOL.

If Horde defends Galv and gets a tower back, it is NOT an automatic victory. ALL that does it cripple your offense (ALL of the alliance respawn at their base), and turns the game into a big 40 minute turtle. When the Alliance all respawn at their base, they will take anything you have taken back, so it is NOT an automatic victory. You sir, are one of those people who don't understand the concept that the Alliance has just as many players as the Horde, and that if we kill 20 of them at the start, those 20 will respawn at their base and kill our offense. In fact, I can imagine you defending Galv and then screaming at your teams Offense for loosing the towers they had captured when the Alliance storms in.

The way to win AV is not to trap the Alliance at their base, but it is to capture their base quickly and make it so they respawn at pointless spots in the middle of the map, that require a lot of running to get to anywhere significant.

AV is NOT AB where it is good to trap them at Stables.

I think Alliance Can win even if its not a premade since horde seems to do the same mistakes over and over again when they take the low road to get to SP, and when they eventually get it...They like fighting on the bridge. As long as 5-6 Alliance rush to RH and get it and have 15 on D while others get the towers and GYs to RH. Always works unless u are facing a Premade then it's a diff story.
    Good comment. Alliance can win by using 5-10 people to take RH, and chokepoint the Horde at SPGY.
    Last edited by OblivionMage; 07-06-2008 at 12:37 PM.
    The best way to prove a point is to argue it with faulty arguements.

~AV Premades~ How to start, How to win [Horde]
    whoaa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good guide well thought out may take a while to get enough organization from lets say a PuG but from a guild sounds very possible especially with vent and/or TS

+rep

Aradroth's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make an alliance one and you'll get some rep

OblivionMage's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an Alliance toon and its a PvP server :/

But basically;
    -Rush RH with 10
    -Chokepoint SPGY with 25
    Last edited by OblivionMage; 07-05-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Nemesis.'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Alliance Can win even if its not a premade since horde seems to do the same mistakes over and over again when they take the low road to get to SP, and when they eventually get it...They like fighting on the bridge. As long as 5-6 Alliance rush to RH and get it and have 15 on D while others get the towers and GYs to RH. Always works unless u are facing a Premade then it's a diff story.

Rwpexpert's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to know how to win as horde (CAMP GALV) and get one of the towers back and horde automatically win.

phgn99's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice guide! you have sure used long time.
    +rep.

johm2's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to improve your guide a bit and I'm nit-picky. If you want to use those names for the groups, C = Charlie.

Otherwise, good guide.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C = Charlie
    I mentioned that I didn't use the exact NATO names, I put 'cyclone' in because it fits WoW better.

LOL.

If Horde defends Galv and gets a tower back, it is NOT an automatic victory. ALL that does it cripple your offense (ALL of the alliance respawn at their base), and turns the game into a big 40 minute turtle. When the Alliance all respawn at their base, they will take anything you have taken back, so it is NOT an automatic victory. You sir, are one of those people who don't understand the concept that the Alliance has just as many players as the Horde, and that if we kill 20 of them at the start, those 20 will respawn at their base and kill our offense. In fact, I can imagine you defending Galv and then screaming at your teams Offense for loosing the towers they had captured when the Alliance storms in.

The way to win AV is not to trap the Alliance at their base, but it is to capture their base quickly and make it so they respawn at pointless spots in the middle of the map, that require a lot of running to get to anywhere significant.

AV is NOT AB where it is good to trap them at Stables.

Blazara's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an extremely efficient method, and i salute you for writing this guide,
    +Rep if i can..

Im so makign my Guild use this <3

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will add the other sections in a bit.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updating with feedback from the last few premades I have run..