Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Gold Guide]Yoshmitsu's Guide. *How i got 5,000g in 5 days.*

Hey all.
    Firstly, i know there are many MANY gold guides out on MMOWNED.com but i felt compelled to share how i made 5,000g. Ez-Mode, 5 days to a week max.
    Flaming is allowed, i would like to hear what i did wrong and where i should of been.

Now lets make some twocents!

Firstly, to start off my guide i'd would just like to announce that i used a 70 warlock to farm this. Only 1 character, it does help if you have muiltiple 70's but it's most likely less time consuming with 1 character UNLESS you can be bothered to glide the locations of the areas i reveal and play another account at the same time.

Guide

Okay, i started accumulating my money 1 day before Shattered Sun was released. This meant that for the next 4 days i would be making extra money. This guide requires a normal flying mount. If you do not have a normal flying mount you can use the farming part of this guide. This guide also uses Ogri'la quests. If you have not done the quests for the Ogri'la dailies, i recommend to do them ASAP. I got a group from the guild and had done all the 5-mans in an hour flat. To get the Skettis dailies, talk to the woman next to the flight master in Shattrath at level 70.

Okay to start, i went straight to Skettis. Skettis is an easy place to do dailies as you all may know. For those who are new to dailies, Skettis is in Terrokar Forest, South-East of Allerian Stronghold. To get to Skettis, you need a flying mount. Skettis is located at the co-ordinates of 64,63 if you have co-ords. It is also based in Terrokar Forest. To get to Skettis, you need to fly from Allerian and scale the closest mountain until you get to the top. Hordies, i recommend flying around the back of Allerian at the co-ords of 55, 56 and scaling the mountain from there.

When you first get there, you will see a dwarf with a blue exclamation mark on his head. His name is Sky Seargeant Doryn. Grab the quest "Fires over Skettis". You may be asking, whats this about? With this quest, you have to fly over the Arrakoa buildings. On top of these buildings are eggs, you need to bomb these eggs. I recommend putting the bomb that is given to you at the start of the quest onto an actionbar for easy access. Finish that quest. Should take 5 minutes maximum.

Depending on how geared you, you can solo the other daily "Escape from Skettis".
    How does this quest work you may ask? Well quite simple really. The mob "Skyguard Prisoner" spawns at 3 different buildings in Skettis. The time between each respawn is 7 seconds (From when the person who picks it up gets the complete tick). The prisoner almost always spawns twice in the same location each time. Except for 1 time when it skips straight onto West, by my observation.

The spawn points are as follows:

1. East - 70,78
    2. West - 62, 79
    3. South-East - 75, 86

This is not in order, just where the buildings are. Okay so now you know where he spawns, but what do we do?! Well, scan the buildings for any sight of him. He is always in a cage with a blue exclamation mark above his head. If you need help doing it type in /1 LFG Skettis Escape. Usually put 1 guy on each building to scout it out. There are exactly 6 mobs in this fight, if all are respawned. 4 if the kalri's do not aggro on the bridge, which almost everytime do and 8 if at East and South-East some talonites aggro.

So all you have to do is kill all the mobs, 2 mobs spawn at the end of the bridge at each location EXCEPT at South-East where 2 mobs spawn in the middle of the steps leading up to the buildings before the 2 guards at the end of the steps.

Once you have done these quests, head back to Sky Seargaent Doryn. Remember to get aquinted with him, you will be seeing him alot over the next 6 days. After you hand in the quest you should get:
    [*]11g 99s for "Fires Over Skettis"Skyguad rep +250.[*]9g 99s for "Escape from Skettis" Skyguad rep +250.

If you have never been to Skettis before, you will be able to do these quests twice in a row. But i am not sure about the escape.

Ogri'la

If you are honored with Skyguard, take the ray to Ogri'la. If not, hearth or fly to Shattrath and get FP to Sylvanaar. If you do not have this flightpath, fly to Blades Edge Mountains and get the FP at 37, 68. Ogri'la is directly North-West at the Co-Ords of 29, 57. Once at Ogri'la grab the dailies "Bomb them!", "Wrangle some Aether-Rays!" and "The Relics Emanation.".

Lets start with "Wrangle some Aether-Rays!". Easy stuff. You will get a wrangler in your backpack. Put this into your actionbar. Fly around Ogri'la and find Aether-Rays. If you see Aether-Rays in the sky, what you generally do is right-click your flying mount icon under buffs to dismount with the Aether-Ray targeted, and use an instant cast. This will bring the Aether-Ray down to ground level to kill easier.

At around 40% health (Thanks Ipnetz006), a emote will come up saying "The Aether-Ray looks ready to be wrangled!" or something along those lines. Right-Click your Wrangling Rope and capture that Ray!

*TIP* If you are a warlock or any class that can DoT instantly, i recommend only using 1 DoT on the Rays to pull them down. Generally nuke or use your wand to kill them fast.

Get 10 rays and head straight to a camp wrath of your choice. North or South.
    Once there, there will be cannons that will attempt and most likely hit you. These cannons will dismount you and cause damage overtime, including fall damage. Dismount and take a look at the area and make sure you know your surroundings.

You will see stacks of bombs with red arrows on top of them, these are your targets. To start off, put your bomb on your actionbar. After this, clear all mobs around muiltiple bomb stacks. Stand ontop of a bomb stack and click your flying mount button.
    STRAIGHT after click the bomb and put the bomb cursor on top of you! As soon as you mount, click the bomb onto the stack, run and dismount ASAP. This will get you a bomb destroyed.

This may take ages BUT it gets the job done. When you get an epic flyer, you can never get hit and just fly past the bombs. After you have done this, fly to the co-ordinates of 29, 48. This is where you will do "Relics Emanation". This quest is a game, sort of like Simon Says but if you get an answer wrong you lose about 1/4 of your HP. As a warlock, i die in 3 misscorrect answers.

*TIP* I highly recommend getting Ogri'Lazy!
    Link: Ogri'Lazy | World of Warcraft Addons | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

What does it do? Well, when you start the Apexis event (a little box comes up with 4 colors) if you have Ogri'Lazy. Okay thats all cool and dandy, but who cares? Well you will. What happens is, the event will sap 4 colored gem stones in the ground in a sequence. It goes up to 10 notes, 1 note per sequence starting with 1 note at first. You press the colors in the order of the process and it saves it on your screen! Just put in the sequence and rinse + repeat until you complete the quest.

Congratulations!
    You just earned yourself around 70g-100g! (I forgot how much the quests give at Ogri'la).

Thats all the quests you say to yourself. Yes, but there are ways of making money =].
    How?
    I farmed Primals/Motes/Leather/Silk.
    Where?
    1. Primal Shadow, Nagrand - 41, 67
    2. Primal Life, Zangarmarsh - 81, 36
    3. Primal Mana, Netherstorm - 56, 86
    4. Netherweb Spider Silk, Terrokar Forest - 55, 56
    5. Random Leather, Nagrand - All Around.

Well you may be thinking, what?! Those places are packed!
    Only Primal Shadow and Silk is. Therefore i only farmed 10 Shadows all up.
    However, as i warlock i found it easy to farm for silk. I am also a tailor so i made stuff from the cloth and silk that dropped from mobs and D.E'd Imbued Netherweave gear.

After i ran out of Cloth, i farmed silk and sold 1 for 10g per silk. I farmed atleast 20 a day. Making 200g from Silk. After Silk, i farmed around 30 primal mana's a day. Drop is fast. 1-5 motes per kill. Mostly secluded. Sold for 15g each = 450g. Made some prismatic shards. Around 10, sold all for 25g each. 250g there. Primal Lifes do not sell well but i made Primal Mooncloth out of it and sold for 100g. Shadow + Fire got me Shadowcloth x2 for 80g each at 160g. Since i am specced Shadow Tailor.

ALL UP SUM OF MONEY: 1,260G.

I saved all knothide leather and stuff, so i didn't sell any of that.

Not going to go into much detail with this.
    Pretty simple stuff. Logged in and did Skettis + Ogri'la dailies.
    Went to Shattered Sun and did the Mana Dust + Sentry quest.
    Pretty much rinse and repeat from the day before.
    Farmed the same amount of silk/primal/leather and made around 800-900g.

Had around 2,000g+ at this stage.
    It really does depend on your servers prices and how much people are willing to pay.
    Pretty much just follow my guide and you'll get it in 5 days.
    And just do the quests that Shattered Sun has introduced and you'll be there in no time

---------QUESTIONS----------
    Q. Did you bot farm?
    A. No.

Q. Are you cool?
    A. Yes

Q. Did you really get your epic flyer in 5 days?
    A. Yes i did. =]. No help from friends or anything.

<---->

Please post all questions and feedback in this thread =].
    Took me 1 hour to write.
    This thread is by me and me only. That is Yoshmitsu from MMOWNED.COM.

Feel free to criticise me aswell.

Regards,

Yoshmitsu. :wave:

Screenshots:
    Allerian Stronghold

Ogri'La

Kirin'Va Village (Where you will farm Primal Mana)

The Dead Mire (Primal Life)
    *Will get screen shot soon, its very North-Eastern Zangar with all the big elemental dudes.*
    Skettis

Sky Sergeant Doryn

Skyguard Prisoner

Forge Camp: Wrath (Bombing in Ogri'La)

Apexis Relic used for "The Relics Emanation".

If you want a screenshot of a certain area, please let me know.
    Last edited by Flipt; 06-02-2008 at 12:26 PM.

[Gold Guide]Yoshmitsu's Guide. *How i got 5,000g in 5 days.*
    DragonWaxter's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice wall of text! +2rape !
    WZ7K4HW9XZW9

Flipt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much
    Hope it helps!

TheAussieTroll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats a nice guide man <3

Flipt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Glad you like it. =]

pixie12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wall of text crits you for 190728321337666

peter110's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 days played or in just 5 days of farming?

youwish's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide. Though you should probably change the color/format it a bit. Gj though

Flipt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 days played.
    Not full days.
    As i said, 30 primal mana a day, 20 silk a day + all dailies.
    Also, use your professions to your advantage.
    Herbing and Mining makes ALOT.

Hope you all liked it =]
    And yeah, tomorrow youwish. 3am in the morning atm.

Bloker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide man +2 rep

Snycopath's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you mean by silk ?
    i can hardly call this a guide, its just common sense that dailies give shitloads of money
    +rep for trying though ^^

Flipt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It explains the starting dailies for people who are just starting dailies aswell.
    It also has co-ords to some of my favourite farming areas.
    Silk = Netherweb Spider Silk dropped by the Spiders in Terrokar Forest at 55, 56.
    Cloth = Netherweave Cloth, Mageweave Cloth etc..

gepadat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice thnx for it man

ipnetz006's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You didn't have to write all that. Just do all of your dailies and while doing your dailies use your gather professions to your advantage. And there's a neat guide on curse.com. Matter of fact here I'll post it - Daily Quest Guide | World of Warcraft @ Curse.com

ipnetz006's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for double post but one thing's wrong on your guide where it says -
    At around 10% health, a emote will come up saying "The Aether-Ray looks ready to be wrangled!" or something along those lines. Right-Click your Wrangling Rope and capture that Ray!

It's not 10% health, it's after 40%.

But anyway, this guide will help those new players out trying to start doing dailies the right way. +rep

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast