0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Raid- Farm Sunwell Trash

First off, if this is a repost then I am sorry. I searched for "Sunwell Trash" and came up with no similar results.

Now, I apologize if this thread seems rushed, it is infact very rushed. I had typed out probably a page worth of information here, but a thread was deleted nerfing my post count to three, I tried to "Submit New Thread' and was owned by it .

What you need? Obviously a raid.. One tank.. 5 Mages MINIMUM and 6-7 Healers *Including either 1-2 Chain healing shamans, or 1-2 CoH priests. Aswell as a resto druid.*

The tank has to be pretty decently geared - No karazhan crap, otherwise the first mob in there *only -hard- part* will tear the shit out of you. If you don't have a geared tank, then have the tank you have pop all cooldowns including last stand and shield wall immediately and just NUKE him down.

The healing for this guy needs to be split into two groups, with as many ranged as you can fit in the two groups, and the shamans/CoH priests need to be spamming as mucha s possible. Reason for this is because the mob does a constant chain lightning effect spamming on everyone. People with low HP will probably die. So after the mob is down, you have an hour of farming.

The next pull, is 6 Humanoids and a Dragonhawk, all of them can be CC'd. So start out by assigning sheep targets on five of them, and having a druid sleep the dragonhawk. Have a hunter start the pull by misdirecting *as charging in is never a good thing to do*. Kill the first humanoid then take out the dragonhawk and continue to kill all the rest of the humanoids but ONE. You MUST keep it sheeped for this method to keep working. Now kill them all, check for loot then everyone zone out but the mage with the sheep.

Have that mage frostbolt his target, and make a B-Line for the entrance. This will reset all the mobs, and you start the last pull all over again.

What are the benefits of doing this you might ask? Simple, three things
    Lots of Gold
    Lots of Epic Gems
    the BEST trash epics in the game.

In 11 runs we managed to pull out 6 trash epics, alot of epic gems, and 4 sunmotes. Sunmotes on my server sell for 2k gold a PEICE, so we made 8k Gold right there just off the sunmotes.

The trash drops quite alot of epics aswell as epic engineering pattern(s) for the upgrade to the goggles, which I believe are BoE, as people offer over 4k Gold for them on my server.

I apologize for this being so rushed, aswell as long. If you've read it all and intend to try it then I wish you the best with your drops, as every 2 runs or so you're guarenteed to get something *Whether it be a sunmote, epic gem, or epic trash item*

Goodluck in your farming .

Edit: Adding a screenshot - for the hell of it. Sorry for the terrible quality of it.

and as you may notice, Sunwell DESTROYS my FPS.
    Last edited by Diesel; 05-25-2008 at 03:23 PM.

-Raid- Farm Sunwell Trash
    Shleven's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are using no pots / elixir's there either, and the slackadin's don't even have BoK. btw, it doesn't show what you gain from this. It just show's you fighting some trash mobs.

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail.

Diesel's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mobs hit me for about 1-2k a hit, without blocking. I could tank the trash mobs that we kill from 100 - 0 without any heals aslong as there were DPS on it. So I made the pally give might, and popping potions/elixirs is useless its too easy.

Also, Its the only SS I have got. If you wowhead all the mobs present in the screenshot *if you can read the name* you will see what they can drop, and the %'s of them.

Sunblade Arch Mage - NPC - World of Warcraft

There, did it for ya .

and for those too lazy to click, and for some reason are reading instead... they have a 5%-ish chance to drop epic gems, for example.

Thats 6 mobs, 5% chance each.. do this for about an hour, and you will rake in quite a bit of gems.
    Last edited by Diesel; 05-25-2008 at 03:35 PM.

Aznex's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shleven View Post
    You are using no pots / elixir's there either, and the slackadin's don't even have BoK. btw, it doesn't show what you gain from this. It just show's you fighting some trash mobs.
    Is that even needed when they only farm the first trashwaves, thats the question you should ask yourself before posting something totally shit:wave:

novaprosp3kt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, thanks for the guide! (Generally theres a lack of guide for trash)

I would really like to do this with my guild, our enhance shaman keeps going on about how he wants the offhand from the trash.

Quick question though, out guild is an SSC/TK guild, do you reckon we can manage?

Quick edit: I would give you +rep if I could

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can definetly manage, most of the people in the SS above are in ZA/SSC/TK/Some in BT gear. I easily tanked the trash with 502 def, 25 Dodge 18 Parry 32 Blk 16k Armor and 19.?k health, only taking on average 1.8k a hit from the trash mobs, and 5k-7k from the big guy *only have to kill him once*

francomade's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been doing this on my server since last week.

Druidmoonkinkk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of people already do this. It was a good effort though.

Guilds already in BT and working in sunwell don't farm trash. But guilds in SSC/TK can get some huge upgrades just from the first 2 humanoid trashpacks in Sunwell.

Shaman offhand, Patterns, Rings, Polearm..All that.

Once again +rep for trying atleast. Though I'm sure someone out there didn't know about this.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you should of shared it earlier! Blizzard already knows about it - Trust me. So theres no reason to hide it :P and to Gladiator - the guy who pmed me *seeing as I cant pm you *Not at 10 posts** No, this isn't Smolderthorn, although I do have a character on their in BoA What guild are you from there?

To the guy directly above me! Alot of people already do most exploits that are already aware in the game, as to my understanding the point of posting on this board is to make sure that everyone knows that they are here in the game, However I probably shouldn't take your post the way I did, the way you have said it makes it sound pretty hostile, and calling it a "good effort" none-the-less may discourage more people from posting.

Edited.. again: I apologize if my post seems a little hostile TOWARDS you
    Last edited by Diesel; 05-25-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Druidmoonkinkk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not hostile in my post, and if I am, I apologize. However as you stated yourself, several people already know about it. It was just posted here to make sure everyone knows.

Glovek77's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A+ Post. Definitely useful for guilds

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep i really like this

dustinntech's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am going to try this out +rep

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nub question:

Does farming sun well trash save you to the instance?

nasda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you only need 4 mages as you can sleep that flying thingy (well ofc if you have druid), the toughest the mob would be the first robot. The rest is just a piece of cake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast