Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    plus rep. Knew about a lot of it, but not as nicely explained.
    EDIT: oh and yeah, move it.

Athene's method ! (Retopic for the noobs)
    wiuz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely done ! Rep for ya!

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys if you want it moves, click the report button and say you think it should be moved.

AfterMidnight's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to stay alive?

Paladin damages the mobs down to 20%, leaves, then I come in and get wtfpwnd?

I know I'm still a leecher.. I'm still playing with the modeledit guides.. hang in there :P

Hasselhoff's Avatar IN A SPEEDO
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one part I dont understand is liek this.

You enter instance. All 3 in the same group. Paladin goes and get em all, then runs back to entrance. Then the mage leaves? It seems like he would have already been tagged to them before leaving the group. and you cant round up a whole instance in 1 minute before it tags any.

Encarn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    The one part I dont understand is liek this.

You enter instance. All 3 in the same group. Paladin goes and get em all, then runs back to entrance. Then the mage leaves? It seems like he would have already been tagged to them before leaving the group. and you cant round up a whole instance in 1 minute before it tags any.
    The way it works is the paladin runs through the entire instance without doing any damage to the mobs whatsoever. No Holy Shield, no shield spike, no retribution aura, no consecrate, etc.

In instances, mobs are not leashed (for the most part) and they will remain aggroed upon you until you either kill them, FD/Vanish/Invis, or leave the instance.

So the pally drags everything back to the entrance of the instance without having done a single point of damage.

Once the mobs are all gathered at the instance entrance, with the mage and lowbie tucked safely to the side, the mage then exits the party. *No damage has yet been done*.

So the mage is outside the group now (which consists of the paladin and the lowbie). The paladin then begins consecrating. The damage done by consecrate has no # of max targets, nor is it diminished by huge numbers of targets like Mage/Lock AoE. So it is the ideal "tagging" spell.

This Consecrate damage then tags the mobs to the *party*. The lowbie and the paladin. (Mean while, the Mage's "you will be ported in XX sec pops up) The Paladin continues to consecrate and then the mage starts his AoE. When the mobs reach 15-20%, the paladin exits the instance extrance.

This is the finesse portion, as the Paladin had highest aggro, and he is now outside the instance, the mobs aggro to whoever had second highest aggro... which is the mage. So the mobs are still **tagged to the lowbie** but the Mage has aggro for the last 15-20%.

The mage kills off the last of the mobs, and the Lowbie gets the full elite XP for each mob as though he killed them himself.

lawlPwnage's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

+rep given.

Pumba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice dude..

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to work with mage prot pally thing but heres what doesnt seem to be working. Ok im in group as a 70 pally with a shaman. we are both in instance and shaman leaves group, the shaman then tags the mob when he out of party and the I nuke the mobs down. then I reinvite him. the problems with this are.

1. the exp is just normal exp nothing huge.
    2. even after I invite the shaman back to group he still has the countdown to being ported thing.

+rep to anyone who can help me out.

DraktimusPrime's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Clovian View Post
    This seems to work with mage prot pally thing but heres what doesnt seem to be working. Ok im in group as a 70 pally with a shaman. we are both in instance and shaman leaves group, the shaman then tags the mob when he out of party and the I nuke the mobs down. then I reinvite him. the problems with this are.

1. the exp is just normal exp nothing huge.
    2. even after I invite the shaman back to group he still has the countdown to being ported thing.

+rep to anyone who can help me out.
    Ok I think I see what you're doing wrong here

Shaman and Paladin + lowbie are in a party

Shaman leaves party

Shaman tags mobs <---- This is where you're going wrong

After the shaman leaves the party YOU need to tag the mobs, get them below 50%, the lower the better. Then you leave the instance so it's just the lowbie IN party and the shaman OUT of party. Then and only then does the shaman start killing them. Then the shaman runs out and you reinvite him and rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps, it worked for us. It COULD also be a problem with totems and their own individual aggro so if what I said doesn't work try a different class or a smaller pull to test it out and don't use totems.

FallingReign's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is the way I understand it but im still not 100% so I'd love some clarifications.

SETUP:
    You need;
    70 Paladin at least tier 4 and should have a good shield.
    70 Mage
    You (the low level character you want to power level)

Find an Instance that is immensely higher level than You (the low level character).
    The higher level the Instance the more XP You are going to earn.
    Level 15 – Stockades
    Level 25 – Scarlet Monastery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUIDE, 8 - 55:
    You and the Mage will wait near the Instance entrance, the Paladin should then run through the whole instance and pull all the mobs. However the Paladin should not do any damage to the mobs and only body pull them.

Once the Paladin has pulled all the mobs he should lure them to the Instance entrance where the You and the Mage are waiting.

The Mage leaves the party when the Paladin is almost back at the Instance entrance.
    The Paladin will AOE the mobs down to about 20% as fast as he can so the Mage does not get teleported out of the Instance.

When the mobs health has reached the 20% mark, the Paladin then runs out of the Instance, leaving You and the Mage behind.

When you are sure the Paladin is outside of the Instance, It’s time for the Mage to go AOE like crazy. The Mage should kill the mobs any way he/she can. There is no remorse here kill the Suckers!

When al the mobs are dead re-invite the Mage back into the party so he/she does not get teleported.

GUIDE, 55 - 70:
    Ok. The above method will work for you until you are around Level 55 – 58.
    Then we head over to Outlands Instances, and the method becomes somewhat different.

You (the low level character) will start by leaving the party, so the Paladin and Mage will still be grouped but You wont be.

Have the Paladin or a fully protection geared Warrior run into the mob first, don’t attack it just get the initial aggro, It is possible to Taunt the mobs if you like.

You will then tag the mob however you please, cast something, go swing your sword Just try not to get one shotted, and do everything you can to get the hell out of the way.
    Once the mob has been tagged by You, The Paladin and the Mage who are still grouped will Kill the mob as fast as they can.

When the mob dies, have the leader re-invite You to the party as to not get teleported out of the Instance.

Repeat these steps until you move on to the next Instance. Keep in mind you are not limited to a Mage and a Paladin here, they are just used as examples. The more the merrier so fill up your party if you want to, hell even get a raid going
    Then you can start tagging more mobs.

The downside of power levelling your character is that you will most likely be level 60 with a defence skill of 50. Here are a few tips to keep your character alive.

Mage – mass spell range… Ice block
    Druid - Hurricane
    Paladin - bubble and consecrated almost unstoppable with redoubt
    Warlocks - Fear
    Priest - Bubble
    Rogues - Evade

You cant clock parry from behind so Jump and face the mobs as you are running away, this takes practice.

Stockades Trinket??
    Get Uther's Strength – Level 47 Trinket
    Has a 2% chance when struck in combat of protecting you with a holy shield for 200 damage.

Jan 1970
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    thanks for sharing this. Is it possible to do with other classes or would it have to be hose mentioned?

Semtex_Jack's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...tml#post684121

So i was pretty much dead on. I was 100% correct on 55-70, and my method of 15-55 is pretty similar, except you can't pull as many mobs.

Svempy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still not convinced that he did it "normaly".

Why ? Becouse the OP semse abit immature, cant take a argument towards him from the first post he did when no belived him, and how he writes in the post speaks for it self. And get to level 1-70 in 42 hours or what it was doesnt realy sound possible. Maybe im wrong but this is what I think

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by DraktimusPrime View Post
    Ok I think I see what you're doing wrong here

Shaman and Paladin + lowbie are in a party

Shaman leaves party

Shaman tags mobs <---- This is where you're going wrong

After the shaman leaves the party YOU need to tag the mobs, get them below 50%, the lower the better. Then you leave the instance so it's just the lowbie IN party and the shaman OUT of party. Then and only then does the shaman start killing them. Then the shaman runs out and you reinvite him and rinse and repeat.

Hope that helps, it worked for us. It COULD also be a problem with totems and their own individual aggro so if what I said doesn't work try a different class or a smaller pull to test it out and don't use totems.
    nono u dont understand. the shaman is the lowbie. So the shaman leaves party to tag mob, and then pally nukes it down. like it says when hes doing the 55+ places in outlands

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast