0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[HOW TO] Multibox, on 1 pc.

Ok, so i started getting into multiboxing a few days ago, and its loads of fun, When i first started reading about multiboxing i was under the impression you needed about $5000 + 5 wows ect ect ect, This just isnt true, I have sucsessfully multiboxed 3 shamans to level 6 so far with just one computer and on all 3 shamans im on green latency, Could i run a fourth? probably. For those who dont know what multiboxing is, it is playing X amount of charectors at the same time, and having them do the same thing if you want further info i suggest going to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and searching "Multi boxing".

Heres a small guide on how to multibox using 1 pc.

What you will need.

Now, your not going to be able to run 5 chars on a crappy e-machine that cost you £199, My pc is 2 years old and is nothing that special, 1 gig or ram, dual core processer, and a decent graphics card. This enables me to run 3 shamans with no lag, i havent tried a forth but im fairly confident my machine will handle it.

Secondly, your going to need as many accounts as you want players, if you want to Box 5 shamans youll need 5 diffrent accounts, if you just wanna stick to 2, youll need 2 accounts and so foruth.

Paitence, Youll need alot of this, Setting up ure clones isnt a 5 second job, Also this is a trial and error process, you wont be able to click to buttons and have 5 shamans winning 5v5's for you.

How does it work?

With multiboxing on wow, you assign a leader, For this guide my leader is called trollone, trolltwo and trollthree are my clones, Clones are simple chars you do not control. Now im also takeing shaman for this example, Please note some classes are ALOT easier to box than others, Warriors rogues and hunters struggle the most, locks priest and shamans and to a lesser extent, druids ( Balence ) find this much easier. So you have no assinged your leader. Before i tell you the program that makes this all happen i STRONGLY suggest you make the main char, the clones and these macros im about to give you.

Ok, You will be controlling Trollone. Whitch means your clones will be on follow to Troll one, when your multiboxing you cannot use the normal W S A D keys to move, as this would move all your chars simultainelsy, cuasing the /follow to break. Insted use the mouse to move by holding down the right and left mouse buttons at the same time. Personally for the first few levels i was still clicking W S A D as i just kept forgetting i shouldnt use them, this comes in time and you get the hang of it.

So, for the first macro i suggest.

/Follow "name of your leader"

Make this macro for trolltwo and trollthree.

Now, You need a macro so your clones can target your leader.

/Target Trollone

These are very basic macros, but if you assign them to key 1 and 2, When you click 1, Both your clones target trollone, Click 2 and they begin to follow.

Ok, after those two youll want this macro.

/assist

Probly the most important macro as this enables your clones to target your target. So in recap, You have now made your leader, 2-4 clones and you have these macros. Your now ready to begin with very basic multiboxing.

Program's Youll need

Youll want a very basic program to begin with, i suggest this one. https://solidice.com/keyclone/

Keyclone is very user friendly and can be set up in minetes, i wont tell you the basics its all on the site under tutorial, What i will tell you tho is this program costs 20 dollars to the avrage joe, It doesnt have to, if you know what i mean. I wont post a link for security reasons but it doesnt take a genius to find it.

Ok. In recap, You have your Main set up, You have your clones set up, You have downloaded keyclone, read the tutorial and are now ready to begin. Go ahead and run ( with the mouse ) to the nearest mob you see, You must make sure that your Shadowbolt, lightning bolt, wrath or whatever is on the same key, mine was "2", So i "Tab" to find the boar, You should see all 3 shamans have it targetted, Now click 2, If everything has worked, Your main and clones simultainesly attacked and now your looking at a dead mob.

If you need help with this im happy to help in this thread post if you want to know somthing.

[HOW TO] Multibox, on 1 pc.
    snugglepants's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reserved for more macros.

Use this to assemble your group. Put this key on your main character in a slot not used as a hotkey for other characters

/invite charcter1
    /invite charcter2
    /invite charcter3
    /invite charcter4

A one button solution to respond to group invites, trades, Resurrect at your corpse, or release to the Graveyard

/script AcceptGroup();
    /script AcceptQuest();
    /script AcceptTrade();
    /script RetrieveCorpse();
    /script RepopMe();

Use this macro to keep your secondary characters "focused" on your main. The proper use it to put all the characters into a group. Have them target your main character, set your main as their focus, and then hit the key assigned to this macro. Afterward you can use this key to keep your group together and targetted

/target focus
    /follow
    /assist
    /stopcasting
    Last edited by snugglepants; 03-24-2008 at 11:01 AM.

-=Demon=-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long did it take to get 3 levels with 3 chars at the same time?

Selling US Frozen Account, 55 Druid. And ALOT of Alts!

sirios's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to add something.There is another way to move ur character without pressing the left and right mouse button at the same time.Just go to ur interface options(if i remember right)and enable the Click to Move option.This will allow you to click in a spot and move ur char there.

tomit12's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To go along with this, you may wish to try the guide I posted previously regarding controlling the other characters:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...tml#post597222

It isn't as easy as just cloning the keys, but it is a hell of a lot more flexible. It would allow you to still move with the WASD keys if you want, and you can do things like assign specific spells on other characters to Numpad keys, and so on.

ali3nx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great guide for the beginner. I've been considering trying this myself for some time. Thanks!

snugglepants's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Demon93 View Post
    How long did it take to get 3 levels with 3 chars at the same time?
    a good 20 mins, due to the fact i was still learning the program macros and what not, This isnt going to be very useful and will be slower than doing it by hand up to around level 24 imo, then, when group quests come into play you will find ureself still slower than a regular player, However when that regular player hits 70, its all well and good for him, a week later yoy have 5 70's. i know what id rather have.

Xerian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    erhm... you need to pay for keyclone.

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but he also hinted if your not a noob you don't have to *cough* limewire *cough* pirate bay *cough* *takes cough mixture*
    Yea...

Anyways, really nice. I'v been considering duelboxing my frost mage and elemental shaman.
    Frost bolt and Lightening bolt are aprox same casting time.
    Fire blast and Earth shock are both instant casts.
    Can both use same trinkets
    can set buffs like Grace of Air Totem and Ice Barrior, Frost nova and earthbind etc etc etc etc.

I think that combo might work really nicely. Then im thinking of leveling up 2 huntards duel boxing, earlier i saw 4 hunters leveling multiboxing in desolace, was insane.

Anyways +rep

xollax's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am thinking of multiboxing 2x shamans

Thanks alot for this post helped me alot. (i think) :P

+rep

Xerian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id still just use this:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...links-etc.html
    Works just as good and it's free.

raceboy404's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    easiest combo is mage/mage

eakin01's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, very helpfull info

Tenni-T's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for a great contribution.

Tenned.
    Tenni-T (Tenned) - Contrib!

MMOwned - My favorite website of all times.

noobular's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    deleeeeteddddd
    Last edited by noobular; 03-24-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast