0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Request] Some simple LUA

I'm looking for some help making an LUA addon that will display a square, like 10x10 pixels. I want to make this square change colors based upon zone name (or type, if thats possible) and it needs to change when the character changes zones. Possibly changing based upon combat status as well.
    I would prefer if this could be unprotected code only, as I want the bot to be patch proof (so I don't need to wait on another hack to be able to run it)

I've programmed VB, VB.NET, C# and some simple scripting but I'm completely new to LUA and how it works in wow.

For those interested in what this is about... I want to code a bot in AutoIt that uses pixel detection on the square to tell it what to do in any given situation. My first thought for it is an AFK bg bot, because while I appreciate the work done on moxzbot, I don't feel that the method of queuing/anti-afk is intelligent enough to avoid detection if blizzard ever gets their heads out of their asses. (and I'm sorry, but I refuse to pay money for bots and hacks... screw you buddy, glider, ) With this, it will know if its in town/in queue or in a BG. I want to go even further and know which BG it is in, so I can code some simple waypoints to run to so it isn't always just standing at the starting point. I know you can macro mounting and follow stuff in moxzbot... but whatever you use for anti-afk dismounts you, and it constantly switches follow targets, and generally doesn't work very well and looks super obvious. I would rather run and stand in a low traffic spot, because most people don't stare at the map, but if they see you in front of them not doing anything or following someone its a no brainer. I know it isn't much of an example to go by, but when I was using the macro provided by moxzbot I was reported and got deserter constantly, but when I removed the follow stuff and just stood at the starting point I hardly ever get it. Being out in the open in front of peoples faces is a lot less safe, IMO.

[Request] Some simple LUA
    Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to state that this is such a simple yet amazing idea for pixelbotting. I can't believe this hasn't been thought up already.
    Last edited by Iaccidentallytwink; 08-18-2012 at 06:53 PM.

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Iaccidentallytwink View Post
    Just want to state that this is such a simple yet amazing idea for pixelbotting. I can't believe this hasn't been thought up already.
    It can even go so far as to have a barcode like square like QR codes, to transmit much more useful information to the autoit program. Such as active buffs/debuffs on you/target, allowing you to also make a rotation bot. Obviously once I get the hang of LUA I'll be able to do it, but single color squares for now serves the purpose I require.

Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    It can even go so far as to have a barcode like square like QR codes, to transmit much more useful information to the autoit program. Such as active buffs/debuffs on you/target, allowing you to also make a rotation bot. Obviously once I get the hang of LUA I'll be able to do it, but single color squares for now serves the purpose I require.
    What's wrong with just pixels? Wouldn't it be harder to implement and read QR compared to pixels?

FattyXP's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats what I'm saying, create my own thing using pixel detection, but only using 1x1 pixels and changing each one to have whatever information was needed. I was just citing QR code as an example, because to do that I would need even further translation after the QR code is made into a string. QR would also ultimately end up causing limitations to the amount of information I would be able to trasmit at any given time (with my own I can always increase the size of the area I use)

leona313's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)