Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with Click script (Using SecureActionButtonTemplate)

My problem is quite simple. I've generated 40 click macros for different abilities / targets. Now I need to be able to use them all with single click.

How do I generate click for clicking all those 40 click buttons?

To be specific, syntax I use is /click "AbilityTarget" and buttons are generated via SecureActionButtonTemplate. '

I figured as much to use table to store the click buttons but onwards I am clueless.

Need help with Click script (Using SecureActionButtonTemplate)
    InternetExplorer's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried looping them? Needs a lua unlocker tho
    for _,btn in pairs(buttons) do
    btn:Click('LeftButton',1)
    end

ProbablyEngine's Avatar Contributor Lead ProbablyEngine Dev CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot click more than one button with a single hardware action, this is a security limitation set by Blizzard.

How do you click the generated buttons? Thats easy and its set by the name given to the button frame (bolded in this example).

button = CreateFrame("Button", "UniqueButtonName", UIParent, "SecureActionButtonTemplate");
    button:SetAttribute("type", "spell")
    button:SetAttribute("spell", "Charge")
    button:SetAttribute("target", "target")

To access this button via a /click macro, you'd use the UniqueButtonName.

/click UniqueButtonName

ATscripts's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help, managed to solve the issue.

Now I only minor issue left. I use;

local CastButton = getglobal(SA_Stringer('ref_'..NoSpaceAbility..'_'..target)) or CreateFrame("Button",SA_Stringer('ref_'..NoSpaceAbility..'_'..target),nil,"Secur eActionButtonTemplate")

to generate buttons (copy pasted from SDM). Buttons I generate are "wrapped" in string, to say. eg. /click "thisisbutton" instead of /click thisisbutton.

How do I get /click thisisbutton?

If this one clarifies anything;

function SA_Stringer(var) --converts a variable to a string for purposes of putting it in a string for RunScript(). Strings are formatted as quoted strings, other vars are converted to strings.
    if type(var)=="string" then
    return string.format("%q", var)
    else
    return tostring(var)
    end
    end

bone91's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    17/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you trying to script without a Lua unlocker? It's pretty much impossible (I'm saying pretty much, because it might be, but not as far as I know).
    You can not use a variable name in a macro. It's just not possible. You can change a macro's content, but only out of combat. Which probably defies what you want to do.

I was playin around with this on TBC a while ago and I found that if you're using Object:Click() from within a macro on default-interface button, there seems to be no restriction. I found this when looking at this script:
    /run LoadAddOn"Blizzard_TrainerUI" f=ClassTrainerTrainButton f.e = 0 if f:GetScript"OnUpdate" then f:SetScript("OnUpdate", nil)else f:SetScript("OnUpdate", function(f,e) f.e=f.e+e if f.e>.01 then f.e=0 f:Click() end end)end
    I then found, that even when using /click Name on a button that I created myself, I would get the "protected" warning. However, if I called /run SetBinding("NONE"), opened the keybinding menu and closed it again (after creating the button), it would work flawlessly. If this still works in 3.3.5, you could ActionButtons or UnitButtons and preset their action to e.g. cast SW, then click them if you read Scatter/Blind/Poly from the combatlog or UnitCastingInfo() etc.

I hope that helped. Since I'm not really understanding your question and I think you're moving in the wrong direction anyway.

ATscripts's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SDM generates buttons that you can click eg /click rdf_Button

and I can run scripts without lua unlocker with button system that's why I'm making it heh.

Vitahero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to make this work? How does addons like Gnome Sequencer achieve 1 button rotations with basic logic? Object:Click() does not work for me in 3.3.5(old client). Maybe there is some way to rebind the button to different spell while in combat?

Edit:
    Even inserting text into the edit box from macro, then pressing enter trigger a macro script blocked message.
    Last edited by Vitahero; 04-22-2023 at 10:49 PM.