Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use Itemrack to Swap Out Items with Ease!

I've been using item rack for a long time, I originally got it to switch to carrot on a stick when mounted.. Now I have just been using it to switch from PvE gear to PvP gear but there is a option I just discovered that I think is worth sharing with the community of MMOWNED.

Itemrack has a feature to "auto que" items, this basicly switches out items when there cool downs are up / when there cool downs are down. This is great for switching out trinkets, and various engineering items. Very simple to set up, the first thing you will need to do is download item rack which can be found here:
    ItemRack : WoWInterface Downloads : Bags, Bank, Inventory Mods

To set this up type "/itemrack opt" and then click "que", select which slot you would like to switch out items in. The way that you should set it up is:

-Item with the strongest use effect should be at the top
    -The rest of the slots should be use effects you want to use, or a item with strong passive benefits (IE, if you have a trinket with 150 passive spell power and no use effect you well want to use this when the other trinkets CD is down)

NOTE: The only problems I have had with this mod is switching out item enchants that have a CD (IE, mind control cap, rocket gloves , etc) but you can still use it to switch out rocket boots and trinkets :P.

Use Itemrack to Swap Out Items with Ease!
    Multitask's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    belongs in addon section. <3 ingame item rack

Pthree's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite good for PvP (battlegrounds), since you get out of combat fairly often. Not really as good in Arena since you are in combat almost 100%. In PvE raiding it isnt really good at all, since the cooldown will be off before every new boss anyway, and you will even be able to activate them more than once on several bosses since most item cooldowns isnt that long.

It can also be quite good for grinding, if you have a few - say trinkets - you will be able to activate a new trinket for every mob. Should burn them down pretty fast.

Its because you cant swap items other than your weapons in combat that makes this pretty.. useless (cant find a better word).

Anyway, good tip! I bet not many at all know about this, including me.

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pthree View Post
    Quite good for PvP (battlegrounds), since you get out of combat fairly often. Not really as good in Arena since you are in combat almost 100%. In PvE raiding it isnt really good at all, since the cooldown will be off before every new boss anyway, and you will even be able to activate them more than once on several bosses since most item cooldowns isnt that long.

It can also be quite good for grinding, if you have a few - say trinkets - you will be able to activate a new trinket for every mob. Should burn them down pretty fast.

Its because you cant swap items other than your weapons in combat that makes this pretty.. useless (cant find a better word).

Anyway, good tip! I bet not many at all know about this, including me.
    In arena it wouldn't be used at all because you can only switch out weapons. You can set it to equip a Mp5 or high intellect weapon when your out of combat to increase the mana you well get from drinks or from your evocation.. Though I would recommend just binding a staff and switching it out to do this because of the global cool down.

Pthree's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BaboonX View Post
    In arena it wouldn't be used at all because you can only switch out weapons. You can set it to equip a Mp5 or high intellect weapon when your out of combat to increase the mana you well get from drinks or from your evocation.. Though I would recommend just binding a staff and switching it out to do this because of the global cool down.
    So you cant switch anything except weapons in arena, even if you are out of combat? I dont play arena much so i didnt know that