Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heya viral , i been playing with your new elemental shaman macro on the training dummy , not sure whats happened but i am losing almost 400dps using the new macro

the rotation is sound , the shield and totems pop when they are meant to , just not getting as much dps out of it , and i havent tried using the magma totem with any of them just straight single dps

just running the resto macro now , in PoS HC it's going really well , seems more mana efficient at the moment

i will also try the holy pala macro again now the typo has been fixed and see what happens
    Last edited by Evilphtbstrd; 12-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.

WOW Macro Library (DPS Rotations, Healing, Tanking, etc)
    Viral Fly-by's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Evilphtbstrd View Post
    heya viral , i been playing with your new elemental shaman macro on the training dummy , not sure whats happened but i am losing almost 400dps using the new macro

the rotation is sound , the shield and totems pop when they are meant to , just not getting as much dps out of it , and i havent tried using the magma totem with any of them just straight single dps
    Hrm...that's crazy. Nothing of the logic or the rotation changed at all. All I changed implementation detail. I made it use global variables better to reduce redundant code and made it use local variables where it should be. Nothing in the actual logic of the rotation changed at all... It may just be RNG...or buffs or something. Can you create both macros in your SuperDuperMacro and try them during them one after another in the same game session? There shouldn't be any difference as you swap back and forth between them.

just running the resto macro now , in PoS HC it's going really well , seems more mana efficient at the moment
    Excellent...as long as you adjust the numbers for how much your heals hit for...it should be very mana efficient. I personally heal more efficiently by using Healing Wave more than the macro does...but I know so many people are like "ZOMG HEALING WAVE IS SO SLOW LHW IS BETTER ALWAYS" that I put in the check to only use full HW if Bloodlust or Tidal Waves. People should find that acceptable.

i will also try the holy pala macro again now the typo has been fixed and see what happens
    Yea it should be exact same logic as before as well...except a few bug fixes. Before if your Focus was out of range or dead, it would just stand there trying to put up Beacon....rut roh! Much better now. =)
    ViralFly-by

ToonsThatPwn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in the new holy macro it does not target focus's target and cast judgement

pinhe1ro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ToonsThatPwn View Post

ToonsThatPwn is right, tested in icc10 and the macro don´t cast JoL in the target of tank...

Mynewt's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viral,

I know you have a long list of stuff to do, but if you could add the use of Divine Favour, and Divine Illumination to the Holy Paladin scrpt. You're right it works great as it is, but think if there's abilities that can be used to increase its healing performance then why not use them.

Elitetech's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mynewt View Post
    Viral,

I know you have a long list of stuff to do, but if you could add the use of Divine Favour, and Divine Illumination to the Holy Paladin scrpt. You're right it works great as it is, but think if there's abilities that can be used to increase its healing performance then why not use them.
    I can add them. When do you want those spells to be used? (Never played a pally before)
    Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow.

Mynewt's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi EliteTech,

Thanks for your help, I was going to try myself, but after the trainwreck I made the other day just going to give up and start on smaller things.

As regards their use - Pretty much every opportunity for Divine Favour and for Divine Illumination either excactly the same, every opportunity or given further thought, and i'm not sure this is even possible, perhaps if you're below 50% mana, and the raid as a whole is taking damage (i.e. 50% of the raid is below 75% health - where you'd be spamming heals left raight and centre). I'm not sure if that's even possible or even viable to look at scripting, it's literally just my "current" line of thinking.

Before LuaNinja and these scripts I had used to use them with my Holy Light Macro to give them a bigger punch.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Holy Light
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast [combat] Divine Illumination
    /cast [combat] Divine Favor
    /use [combat] 10
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /cast Holy Light
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    Last edited by Mynewt; 12-31-2009 at 09:06 AM.

kakamonster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed post.
    Last edited by kakamonster; 12-31-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by pinhe1ro View Post
    Originally Posted by ToonsThatPwn View Post
    ToonsThatPwn is right, tested in icc10 and the macro don´t cast JoL in the target of tank...
    Grr...it has always judged fine for me...the line that does it isn't too complex:
    Code:
    /run if UnitExists("focustarget") and UnitInRange("focustarget")==1 and GetSpellCooldown("Judgement of Light") == 0 then RunMacroText("/cast [@focustarget] Judgement of Light") end;
    It will only judge if no one needs healing BTW...also did you make sure you actually had a Seal active...because you can't judge without one and the macro doesn't put up a Seal.

The only thing I can think of that would be breaking it for you guys is that maybe I can't pass in "focustarget" to the functions...and so it does't work. So I've changed the macro to have that line just check for focus like this:
    Code:
    /run if UnitExists("focus") and UnitInRange("focus")==1 and GetSpellCooldown("Judgement of Light") == 0 then RunMacroText("/cast [@focustarget] Judgement of Light") end;
    We'll assume if you have a focus and it is in range, then it's target must be in range too...I think if the tank has no focus it will just say there "There is nothing to attack." but not activate GCD.

Edit: If someone could test this, it would be great. Just set a focus...and then do this:
    Code:
    /run local e=UnitExists("focustarget"); local r=UnitInRange("focustarget"); print(e..", "..r);
    Try that line when the focus has a target and when it doesn't....preferably also try it when the focus has a target that is not in range...if anything returns unexpected value, let me know. If no one can test, I will the next time I'm on a wow computer.
    Last edited by Viral Fly-by; 12-31-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    ViralFly-by

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi EliteTech,

Thanks for your help, I was going to try myself, but after the trainwreck I made the other day just going to give up and start on smaller things.

As regards their use - Pretty much every opportunity for Divine Favour and for Divine Illumination either excactly the same, every opportunity or given further thought, and i'm not sure this is even possible, perhaps if you're below 50% mana, and the raid as a whole is taking damage (i.e. 50% of the raid is below 75% health - where you'd be spamming heals left raight and centre). I'm not sure if that's even possible or even viable to look at scripting, it's literally just my "current" line of thinking.
    My plan for them was to use Divine Favor like I use Nature's Swiftness for Resto Shaman. If the target to be healed by Holy Shock is below some threshold, use Divine Favor for the Holy Shock. The crit shock guarantees Infusion of Light for an instant flash or a likely-crit Holy Light to follow. It's a nice pick me up and is one of the more optimal ways of using it in my humble opinion.

For Divine Illumination, my plan was very similar to what Mynewt is saying...you want to use it when you believe you're going to be casting a lot of spells in the next 15 seconds. I want to be able to detect that "whole raid is low" situation anyway...because I want to modify the macro to use Divine Sacrifice (with Divine Shield) as well for those who have the talent.

There's just so much more a paladin can do still.....using Hand of Protection (detect if caster where it won't interrupt their dps). Using Hand of Sacrifice. Maybe preferring Holy Light into melee for the splash from the Glyph. Using Aura Mastery.

I will get to these things guys...just need time. =)
    ViralFly-by

kakamonster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removed post.
    Last edited by kakamonster; 12-31-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Viral Fly-by View Post
    For Divine Illumination, my plan was very similar to what Mynewt is saying...you want to use it when you believe you're going to be casting a lot of spells in the next 15 seconds. I want to be able to detect that "whole raid is low" situation anyway...because I want to modify the macro to use Divine Sacrifice (with Divine Shield) as well for those who have the talent.
    As an aside...2pc T10 changes this...you probably want to use it more for the bonus's ability than for the mana savings.
    ViralFly-by

Mynewt's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viral that sounds awesome practically salivating while i'm waiting.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Viral,

Is tehre a way or method to allow easier/auto targetting of aoe spells, specifically the dk Aoe, Death and Decay? I know its just a mouselcik but i generally use keybinds for 99% of my gameplay and the second or two saved it takes to click the mouse could at times be really useful.
    Sorry Mynewt I totally missed this post.

You can use "CameraOrSelectOrMoveStart()" followed by "CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop()" to simulate a "click". I'm not sure if they can be done back to back and it work or not as I have not tested it. The problem is that it will just click whereever the mouse happens to be. =)

I guess you could just leave your mouse centered on the screen and it would accomplish what you want most of the time...but it's questionable at best.
    ViralFly-by

Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Viral it me again with an addition I was hoping you could add to the MM hunter marco.

I was hoping it could switch from aspect of viper to aspect of the dragonhawk at a % of mana. I sometimes forget to switch it back myself, thanks again.

Edit- I also added it to original post.
    Last edited by Sensisativa; 12-31-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better"

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast