0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Overaggro View Post
    Anyways I was joking. Just ignore the idiots
    lol :P

At first I thought you meant the idiots in this thread ( I was like ¿WTF? ). Now I see you meant Paypal, haha!.

Yeah i'll ignore them, taking legal actions will cost them more.

Paypal bothering me to pay them money
    Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    269/287
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pwntzyou View Post
    Don't tell them you are only 16... you are not supposed to have a paypal account if you are under 18 :3
    You can have a paypal at 16 with legal guardian consent

kickazz006's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can have paypal if you have a bank acct or CC.

i used to be a debt collector. I can debt collect in all 50 US states:

as far as the debt collectors, ask them (the debt collection company) to send you proof in writing to your house or email (if email is possible). and that you want a detailed bill and that if this information is not provided within 30 days then you will consider the debt invalid (takes notes, names, dates, and "collector numbers" - each collector has a number, mine was 378, my managers were 105 and 109.

if you get the detailed information, contact their cust. svc and dispute it (usually its only available via fax or mail). tell them whats going on and the dispute will more than likely be written off (which they can do).

**You do not want to ignore this, if paypal wants they can file charges, you can be charged with fraud which is a misdemeanor due to the money at hand, bite the bullet and take some actions** ... who knows, the odds may favor you

i hope this helps
    Last edited by kickazz006; 02-20-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Krunkage's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same thing happend to me, i sold my account and a dispute was filed about 9 months ago, this chinese man must have been a better actor than Bruce Lee for christs sake.

Anyway, afew month's after him fileing the dispute i was sent a letter by PayPal asking me to contact them straight away, my step-dad did and told them to beat it because i was 16 at the time, Paypal then told us i should not of even been given the credit if i was under 18, the operator on the phone told my dad she wrote the debt off.

When my mother re-married she kept my second name of Harrington which was my biological fathers last name but i alwayed used my step-fathers last name Low since i was 7, even though on my birth certificate it was Harrington.

Anyway, PayPal asked for ID etc. afew months later, which we sent, then they phoned me again and asked me why my PayPal account was in Low when my name was infact Harrington.

Big mistake, the woman on the phone said it is against the TOS to use a "forged" name, which i thought i was classed as fraud, since my name was "Low" on all my GCSE exam results from school there was no was i could prove i was Connor Harrington except from my birth certificate. Which i think and hope we cleared over the phone, because it takes them months to get back to me.

After my 17th birthday, we got a call of a debt collecting agency who said they had bought the debt off of PayPal, they asked us to them a ring which we did, after alot of hassle and afew put downs on the phone we agreed to pay £5 per month until we paid off the debt of £250 - £300 since i can't work, i attend college.

This dude is still to this day playing my account, if anyone knows how i can get it back let me know asap.

Phew, typing that took it out of me.
    By the way, i was heard from someone not presponding in anyway this debt would give me a bad credit history.

:wave:
    Last edited by Krunkage; 02-23-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Inquality's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember getting contacted by one of paypal's debt collecting agencies, actually they've contacted me twice but they stopped bothering me when it was obvious I won't be paying them anything.

Sending me to to court for 30 quid, yeah ****ing right.

Serhawtt's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignore it, i owe them close to 900 dollars from doing shit. They arent going to do anything its been 3 years now. But also awesome thing about where i live if you owe someone a debt and they didnt take u to court within 2 years of the debt, they have to drop it. So lol

Doughal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've owed them £300 for over a year lulz

greenthing's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    20/37
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a similar issue for quite some time, I think it occured in 2006. In 2009 I got a letter that I owed them about 500 euros (I didn't even remember what it was from, but after a call I found out that I appearently never actually paid it, nor did I even hear anything related to the subject for years).

Anyway, there was a letter, at the address I used to live back then, which was about 4 months after the original date when I finally got it and 2 reminders were already sent as well.

I called them at the time and explained them that we moved from that address 2 years ago. They lifted any additional charges and gave me 10 months to pay it back (50 euros each month). The reason why I decided to pay it back is because, at least in this country, you can get a bad credit rating and I'd rather just lose 500 euros instead.

So I got a 500 euro loan from some student finance for 1.2% a year that doesn't even start ticking till you have finished your study and after my study I paid that loan back the same month I got a job, ended up costing me 506 (+6) euros, not that bad.

If I wouldn't have paid it back, any financing, including banks, say for a house, will reject you quite fast.

Ron's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bro, I will tell you exactly what to do. I didn't read other posts but essentially paypal sold your debt to collections. There is now a company contacting you on behalf of paypal. They want money! You don't have to give it to them, just ignore them and you'll be fine.

nathanbrain's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i owe them they call me i tell them my name is F*** O** they kept calling me i said same thing and guess what.. i no longer have calls GG dont worry about them just bin letters etc i owed them £350

Oloty's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My friend has owed PayPal like 1000 USD for three years. PayPal did nothing to them. They never get off their lazy *** and deal with this kind of crap.

---TreMolitE---'s Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I owed Paypal like $60 US and just never did anything, a year or so later I was banned. Nothing else. Just had to open a new account, but something different in the info, hopefully you didn't give them you SSN or something like that.

Razkaz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah contact paypal and see if they can fix it, otherwise you are in a bad situation.

wowsc4p3's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The severity of action taken is subject to situation.
    A friend used to work at paypal handling disputes. As idiotic as this sounds, they calculate all the fees you've paid paypal in the last 2 years for OUTGOING, and if that adds up to half of the debt, then you can get it wiped.
    Hope this helps.

UNmergedwowacc's Avatar Legendary Professional Seller Premium
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    147 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sigh...paypal aways have high fees for us....
    Buying your US/EU WoW/Classic Gold Skype: oldschooltoons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast