0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Server Down Scam

Basically this happened to me last night. I was in terokkar forest finishing off quests to snag some money to start saving up for my epixx mount. Was killing the wolves and one of them dropped the blue cloak of frenzy or what not. BOOM world server goes down. So i sit there fumblin my fingers about waitin for it to pop back up...so it does...and im out one cloak of frenzy.

So after bein alil annoyed by loosin a blue tha i could get some gold with..i decided to throw a ticket in. No gm popped in and i was gettin aggrivated so i decided to see if i can bite a bit of scam with em. So I put in the ticket that i was questing and this blue dropped and i lost it, as well as 8gold and some silver from the previous quest i just finished. The ticket then went to "Moved to Escalated" or something to that effect. I then put in the edit section, "My helm of the nightwatch men was also deleted (leather helm) my friend sent it to me via the mail...and in my mail box is a greyed out letter and nothing else in it...what happens with this world server going down??? Why did i loose my items..." So with soundin more QQ to the gms one popped in to me and said, "We are sorry for this unfortunate accident that has become you, and please note we are doing everything to assure you we are trying to fix this situation."

So I basically was holding my ground with "Well what are you going to do about my items? Sure the blue cloak wasnt that big of a deal nor the 8 gold an some silver but the helm of the nightwatchmen was a big deal to me..." After a bit of a slight pause the gm said the items will be refunded to you and sure enough my blue cloak was put in my bag, 8gold that i lied about and the epic helm the nightwatch men that i lied about to got tossed in there.

Basically what i am saying is, if the world server goes down and your kinda in an outland area an you say an item was just lost that you picked up...and you happen to have a random blank mail in ya mailbox from a mate or what not...give it a shot..it worked for me
    You must unlearn what you have learned.

World Server Down Scam
    Lassav's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty cool that that actually worked. I'll give it a try next time I see that annoying ass countdown.

lalaa's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool. Does not work if its server restart tho, they will just tell you that there's nothing they can do about it. But i guess it depends on what GM you get =P..

Krajin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the server did not totally restart. its just that the outland/belf lands restarted. I was able to log into either my ally or horde chars in ogri or stormwind. if its not a full server restart you may be able to get away with it..atleast i have heh
    You must unlearn what you have learned.

Ferag's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty interesting.

holllyywood's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't they check your mail history, etc?

I don't think this would really work.

Stew's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they should be able to check yes, but when a server crashes, as happend with the cloak, things break, you might get lucky :-)

buzzaugust's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man... Reminds me the other night:
    Was about to start kill prince in kara and VOILA server goes down... i want to bed and next morning i came on and said hey, bothering server crashed yesterday to my freind: he said that he lost all his 15000 honor after the crash =S

just another story