0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake "Helpful Guy" Gold Scam

Hey there this is a scam that I haven't ever seen before here at MMOwned so I'm hoping that this will help out a lot of people.I know that this wall of text may deter many of you from trying this scam out but it is very very simple and easy to understand. Anyways here it goes:

Step 1- Go to a major city with an alt character, one that you are able to delete after the scam.

Step 2- Look for someone is looking for an expensive item, "WTB Five of Furies" or something around 200-500g

Step 3- Tell them that you know that item is on the opposite faction's AH for x amount of gold and you would be willing to buy it and then transfer it to them through neutral AH.

Step 4- Tell them you have another account with a character on the opposite faction( Example: If your main is horde say," I have an alt account with an alliance on this server, I'd be willing to buyout that item for you and transfer it through neutral auction house".
    Usually they will be ecstatic because lots of times people REALLY need the item.

Step 5- Tell them that you are going to check the exact price on the item.

Step 6- Logout for about 5 minutes(make an alt character on your main's account and get him to booty bay)..or if you really have an extra account, which I do, you can check the real price and tell them. But basically you want to convince them that you really do have a character on the opposite faction.

Step 7- Log back on and tell them a nice round number( this is going to be the amount of gold you will scam) .

Step 8- Tell the Victim that you don't however have enough gold to buyout the item, but you still want to help them, chances are if they were still talking to you at step 7 then this next bit will work.
    Explain that a way you could get him the item is by transferring the gold from his character to your "opposite faction" character through the neutral AH.

Step 9- If they agree tell them to look for a certain item that you will put up on your opposite faction, this will be a junk item but it will cost a lot of gold so they will be able to tell it is you. Tell them that once you get the gold, you'll head over to the AH and "buy" the item for them and then place it back on neutral auction house for VERY VERY VERY cheap so that they only spend the item's worth. So basically put an item up for auction for like 200-500g( decided price) and then log on to your first main and tell them it is there.

Step 10- Once you get the gold(it will take an hour for you to get the gold so stay logged on until then because they'll call you a scammer too early) from them via neutral AH send it to your main and delete that alt character. Your victim will be VERY worried about making sure that he/she is able to buy the item from the neutral ah. But after about 2 seconds of looking for it and not seeing it they will be VERY VERY disappointed and will start to call you a scammer!

Step 11(The cover up)- Log back on your first alt and tell them that you just got a letter in the mailbox saying it was bought out! Makeup a name of another player on your fake faction and tell them that you've reported it to the GM's now(don't really). But heres the cool part, the Gms will say that there is NOTHING that can be done because that is just another player using the auction house the way it is meant to be used. Apologize to them a lot but say there is nothing you can do.

When everything is done you should be richer just send the gold to you main and delete the alt character.

This is tested and working.

Thanks for reading!

Linipopent
    Last edited by linipopent; 01-13-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Fake "Helpful Guy" Gold Scam
    Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is actually really legend...SO MANY people always post scams saying 100% unbannable 100% success rate blah di blah and they never are. This is simple, origional and has a decent cover story and as far as i can tell within the terms of use etc... +3 rep from me to you, *linipopent dings 5 rep, woot no more leecher stauts*

D0MM0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    extremely good, original scam! +rep

Mr Barbeque's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is truly epic, +2 rep

linipopent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, just for an update I was able to score 435g also make sure you tell the buyer to add like 12% because the neutral ah takes a portion of the gold.

mahany25's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't they still ask for their gold back? Just because it was bought out doesn't mean that their gold is gone... You still have it. +rep btw

kayleta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very cool, +Rep good sir
    https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/darthdiddy/kayleta.jpg

Torio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great scam +rep

linipopent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mahany25 View Post
    Won't they still ask for their gold back? Just because it was bought out doesn't mean that their gold is gone... You still have it. +rep btw
    That is true you DO still have the gold, but to their knowledge YOU DON'T! The idea is that you are helping them get an item they want(not really), but after the scam is done they should think that you spent all the money they gave you on the item they wanted.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm hoping for some cool stories off this scam