Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake "Free Character" Scam

Hey,
    I've been leeching for a while so I decided to post a little scam that I tried out and... believe it or not it works!

Preliminary Steps (Setup)
    Ok, so what you need to do is go on a site like Markee Dragon - Celebrating 10 years 1997 - 2007 and look for someone who wants to trade.

Next you contact them on AIM or whatever IM service they use. (TIP: meebo - online web IM for AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk messengers is a great site to go to because you can talk to people on things like AIM or MSN without downloading the program.)

Say that you are giving a high level (65+) away for free, say something like "I'm going to collage and I am not going to be able to play anymore" or something.

Since they will probably want to see an armory link find one that is what they want but make it seem like a good deal on their part.

Next ask them if they have ever done a transfer before. If they have then wait a few seconds and say you got a better offer, then block them. If they have done a transfer before then this scam wont work.

This is another way you can do this.
    1) Search a site like Markee Dragon - Celebrating 10 years 1997 - 2007 for someone who wants to trade characters or accounts. Talk to them for a while and ask them if they would be interested in a free character since you can't play anymore. If they ask why just say you are going to collage or you have a thundercunt mom who wont let you play anymore. Then continue with the scam starting with the part asking them if they have ever don't an xfer before. This can be used in placement of the originaal way of asking them if they want a free account.

--
    The Scam Itself
    Now that you have some basic knowledge of the person, you can begin the scam. Below is a chat log of a scam, this is what you should be saying to them. After the preliminary steps.

blue=Scammer
    white=newblet
    purple=comentary

Okay since you don't know how to do a transfer do you want me to do everything?
    Um... sure what do you mean?
    Well, first to make sure I need you do is change your e-mail to mine that way I know its your account and so that I can do everything out of my e-mail and it will go soooo much smoother! =D You can change it right back after.
    About now they might say "Well... lol idk can we meet in the game?" Then you say "Well, my account time ran out and since I am going to collage I decided that I would just give my characters away." This is a classic and generally works on many people. They shouldn't question this since its pretty common.
    ok no problem what is your e-mail?
    my e-mail is (put your e-mail here)
    ok im changeing... one sec
    ok I changed it! now what
    i need to check my e-mail so verify... hold on
    k
    it says I need to log in to verify the new e-mail, i need your name and pw so i can log in and verify.
    There really isn't any other way to word this, they shouldn't see a problem with this since so far everything seems legit. If they ask for a TWV, just link them some bozo's TWV. Since they may want you to post reply on their thread then you may want to pick someone who has an "I" or an "L" in it so you can do the capital/lowercase fake account name thing. This almost never fails!
    um... ok...
    dont worry i wont like steal you account, what good will it do if i go to college? im not gunna sell it for pot money lol
    right lol ok my name is nubcake221 and my pw is apple123.
    k logging in. hold on
    ok sure
    ok now that i am on do you want me just to do everything since im logged in to my account on the website anyways? it will make this go a lot faster since you never did a transfer before.
    um yea ok.
    alright gimme a few mins
    This is when you fake the "transfer process" and go make yourself a sandwich or use the bathroom. Just waste time.
    Ok so now it wants to make sure I am not scammign ur account... it needs your sq/a to prove it.
    oh ok, the question is "Mother's maiden name" and the answer is "Deloris".
    BAM this newb just handed you his account. Now you have his Name, passoword, your e-mail and the sq/a. If everything went right then you now have yourself a seccond account. Do whatever you want with it.
    ---

And that is the scam! So easy anyone can do it. It just takes time, and the best part is that they cant recover it because now you have everything! So yea tell me what you think!
    Last edited by italiankidd; 12-13-2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: posting n extra way to do this

Fake "Free Character" Scam
    Gummibär's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, so what did that guy have on the account? A level 10 human warrior with cloth armor?

Sekspyz's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u actualy did that scam ? if so, gonna try it too, and maybe rep ?
    this iz lame

Gummibär's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just kidding. Anyways, it seems pretty solid. But, I don't know how someone would give you all of that information... I mean.. He will say "Just tell me what to do"

Gryntrar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually youre able to Skip the final part. I reported a fake mail i got from the "NEW BETA WOTLK lala " thing .. i wrote if it was REALLY one from Blizzard they answered me

"We strongly recommend you do not reply to the email, as it will result in your account becoming compromised. If you have already sent your information in response to the email, please contact us to secure your account."

Later in that very same mail they Wrote.

We also need you to nominate a new secret question and answer. The list of available questions is:

- Mother's maiden name?
    - High School?
    - Pet's name?
    - Favourite movie?
    - Favourite colour?

So my guess is .. if you got the mail .. its Yours.

(Rep for addin? First post)

italiankidd's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the rep guys:
    @Successful: Lol, surprisingly he had a level 42, a level 39 (rested to 40+) and some assorted level 20+'s. Idk what the hell he was thinking lol.
    @CygOpat: Yea i actually did it and it works.

if you try this and it works can you gimme some rep please?

spike999's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont ask for rep... now i wont give it to u >

discover the secret to getting off your flight path anywhere HERE.

Saint-Pasdoy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    find a way to ask sqa and name on the account and account but i like the idea

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by spike999 View Post
    dont ask for rep... now i wont give it to u >
    aw... im sorry i didn't know!!! =(

illogic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say that you are giving a high level (65+) away for free, say something like "I'm going to collage and I am not going to be able to play anymore" or something.

if you say your going to college and giving your account for free.. then why would you need their pass and such... why not just give it to them?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by illogic View Post

if you say your going to college and giving your account for free.. then why would you need their pass and such... why not just give it to them?
    This is a "free character" scam. I would say I was giving away one character per account and I had like one 70 two 67's, etc and I xfering them. Im not giving them my account I am simply doing a transfer.

illogic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooo ic.. i might try it now thanks for clearing that up for me italian

shadowbladex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by italiankidd View Post
    About now they might say "Well... lol idk can we meet in the game?" Then you say "Well, my account time ran out and since I am going to collage I decided that I would just give my characters away." This is a classic and generally works on many people. They shouldn't question this since its pretty common.
    If they have any brains at all they can just check when the armory profile was last updated... then your ****ed.

illogic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i talked to about 15 people and non of them fell for it

trika's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R