Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping a Scammed Toon... and making it LEGIT.

Hi folks.

I had an email today asking for a better explanation of how to KEEP a scammed toon. So I decided to share my answer with all of MMOWNED instead of only emailing it... Mainly because I know sometimes I am somewhat scatterbrained, and might have confused other people too. So if I confused you last month when i posted this in:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...nt-scam-2.html
    Then i am sorry for the confusion. Hopefully this clears it up. ALSO, DO NOT +rep me for this please, give ALL credit to Sineater for his original post. Were it not for his ingenuity I would never have thought of this at all. My only alteration to his idea was a way to move the toon to a new server, and change the name easily, making the toon VANISH from sight forever.

*DISCLAIMER*
    This is not in any way shape or form perfect. If your new account gets banned, I am sorry, but it COULD happen. I have not ever heard of this failing, and it is as airtight as I can envision... but there is always a first time for everything. I hope none of you fall into the "first time" category, but, as with ALL scams, use with care!

Okay, so here goes:

You have a scammed account. You want to KEEP the toon and make it your own. What can we do to make this a reality?

First:
    You buy both boxes, WoW and TBC, new and sealed, and use them to create a new account in the stolen account owner's name. So you have a shiny new account he has no clue exists whatsoever.

Next, create on a TRIAL account a random char (either side, it does not matter) with the same name as your stolen toon's name.

Finally, you transfer the stolen toon to the shiny NEW account with TBC. Because a toon with that name is already on that server on a trial account, it "forces" you to change their name. Now change the NEW account ownership into your name. BAM. It is yours. Make SURE you get the scammed account BANNED immediately with a hack. This will make it useless to report stolen, as Blizz will tell them it is banned and ignore them basically.

Example:

I scam an account and get a 70 pally named "Devilish" on Blackhand server. I want to KEEP this pally. I use the scammed info to see the owner is a guy named Mr. Devil Guy. So I buy a new WoW and TBC. Now I create an account and claim to be Mr. Devil Guy. This makes it possible for me to transfer the pally "Devilish" to the new account, because it is the same owner's name. ANY credit/debit card is allowable for payment, no worries there.

*note* This next step might not be required. Log into the Armory and see if there is a toon on your destination server with the same name as the scammed toon. If there is already one there, you can skip this. If not, you need to do this in order to take that name up, forcing you to change the name when you transfer.

Next I go to the WoW website and create a trial account. I use a bunch of fake info like "Mr. Nobody Here" and addresses like "6969 Screwmehard Street" because the trial is only to reserve the name. Now I choose what server I want to transfer Devilish onto for me to keep. Let's say Illdan. Now create a toon of any alignment on Illdan named Devilish.

Now go back to the WoW site and set up a transfer of Devilish. You are looking for the "Paid transfer" option that does both accounts transfer AND realm transfer. It will take maybe 15-20 minutes most of the time to get this finished. SOMETIMES it may take an hour, but usually it is faster from what I have seen. Move him from Blackhand to Illdan and move him to your BRAND NEW account. Make sure you check the email you binded to your NEW ACCOUNT right away. This is the account your transfer request email will be sent to... not HIS old email, but the one for the destination account. If they ever change this, you will need his email too, so keep your eyes open. You will have to check that email and click the "approve transfer" link in the email to finalize the transfer.

Now, you have Devilish on your new account. It's time to get the scammed account banned. Speedhack for the WIN! Cheat Engine with impossibly high numbers on the speedhack will never fail to get you permabanned. Once the scammed account is permabanned, log back into the WoW website. Change all the user info for your brand new account from Mr. Devil Guy to your name. Now, you are the official owner of Devilish, and the scammed account's owner has no idea. He knows his account was scammed, and he knows it was banned. He will not be getting it back. But he has NO IDEA his pally is not on the account.

Now, log Devilish into Illdan... uh-oh, that name is in use (on the trial account!) so you get to rename him ANYTHING you want. I might suggest "Devilishhunterrules" for this example. Now the pally is yours, you named it, and you are all set. Mr. Devil Guy could get a new account, and look for his old pally, but he will never find it on a new server, AND with a new name!

For EXTRA fun, move it to a realm you ALREADY have a pally in their 30's. Before you log him in and have to change his name, DELETE your old 30-ish pally. Rename the stolen pally whatever your now deleted one was. Your friends will throw a fit when you go from 30 to 70 overnight! *grin*

*kinks you can run across*
    Beware of the toon's mailbox and AH listings before the transfer. You can have NOTHING up for sale and NOTHING in your mailbox. If you do, they will not allow the transfer. Also if he has sent any CODs it may cause an issue. These snags are rare, I have seen it happen only once by COD. The AH stuff is simple enough to cancel and mail is easily destroyed.
    Last edited by devilish_hunter; 08-08-2007 at 12:23 AM.
    I run 47 AddOns. My UI has an MP3 player. Unbuffed I am 10k hp/10k mana, 12k armor. I can wear shadow gear and destroy any 3 level 70 shadowpriests. At once. I AM a badass. And anything with C cups or better and pretty eyes will OWN me.
    Know your limits. That is life as a Pally in Warcraft.

Keeping a Scammed Toon... and making it LEGIT.
    raceboy404's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Keeping a Scammed Toon... and making it LEGIT.

Great Guide, i got some info with an account with 2 70s

i dont wanna drop a load of cash down(Cause i dont have any) but one is an ally with a ton of epics, any advice there?

devilish_hunter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by raceboy404 View Post
    Great Guide, i got some info with an account with 2 70s

i dont wanna drop a load of cash down(Cause i dont have any) but one is an ally with a ton of epics, any advice there?
    IF you have ALL the info...
    CD Key, secret question, EVERYTHING...
    It IS possible to change the password, the secret question, the email, everything, and claim the guy GAVE the account to you legitimately. As per the EULA

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/eula.html

"You may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another by physically transferring the original media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement."

It IS legal for a person to resign their account to you... and at that point they LOSE all rights to claim it. But in truth, you would really NEED possession of the ACTUAL physical boxes to make this really legal. So if you know them in RL, and can swipe the boxes, then it is EASY to take possession. But that can also lead to breaking and enterering and other RL crime crap that you DO NOT want.
    I run 47 AddOns. My UI has an MP3 player. Unbuffed I am 10k hp/10k mana, 12k armor. I can wear shadow gear and destroy any 3 level 70 shadowpriests. At once. I AM a badass. And anything with C cups or better and pretty eyes will OWN me.

Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by devilish_hunter View Post
    IF you have ALL the info...
    CD Key, secret question, EVERYTHING...
    It IS possible to change the password, the secret question, the email, everything, and claim the guy GAVE the account to you legitimately. As per the EULA

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/eula.html

"You may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another by physically transferring the original media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement."

It IS legal for a person to resign their account to you... and at that point they LOSE all rights to claim it. But in truth, you would really NEED possession of the ACTUAL physical boxes to make this really legal. So if you know them in RL, and can swipe the boxes, then it is EASY to take possession. But that can also lead to breaking and enterering and other RL crime crap that you DO NOT want.
    he said he through away the boxs. i do not know the current password, i also do not know the email password.

devilish_hunter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by raceboy404 View Post
    he said he through away the boxs. i do not know the current password, i also do not know the email password.
    Ouch...
    Honestly... it pains me to say it... I would have to call it a total loss, and tell you to scam another. I cannot honestly think of any way to recover from that.

sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you shouldve posted this in the guide section since technically its not a scam but thanks for make a post on just this, this method is in all my scams but a lot of people dont realize the method.

Carriantor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't change the email without confirmation of the original email, and if you change password he can do password reset. What you can do is try the account password on the email, it might work then.

sineater213's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by cscX View Post
    You can't change the email without confirmation of the original email, and if you change password he can do password reset. What you can do is try the account password on the email, it might work then.
    you really should learn facts before you start scamming. you can call blizz and change the email on the spot without confirmation.

Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by cscX View Post
    im not that dumb =P

Sub Zero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was under the impression that once you've picked a name and last name for your account, you cannot change it. How do you make sure that the character that is scammed can be added to your main account?

Call blizzard and have them change the name for you?

Ulgrim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what if all I have is the guy's account name/password, what can I do with that?

John Krayton's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great stuff, thanks you!

Seductive's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's great but i'm wondering, how can you change the new accounts Name etc when it has already been set?

iwabo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This cant work.. Since they have putten like ****** after the name ect..
    So you gotta know his details RL

Seductive's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Nesis View Post
    This cant work.. Since they have putten like ****** after the name ect..
    So you gotta know his details RL
    Well say if you know the details, you can just make another email and talk to him like, hey im interested in your wow account! Then he will like

" I got it hacked" bla bla

And you just try to leach him on the name..

Anyway, my biggest problem is how you will first register a new acc with his name, and then be able to change that name!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast