Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not Realy understand whats the point? k The IP u showd up there is hosted in USA Phoenix
    ip-140-182-11.phx.extremezone.com
    Phoenix
    United States
    U got the info yeh? Now what u gonna do? Hack him? I dont realy think u will manage that cus well for a start he has a static IP or proxy u aint gonna find that guy unless u dig in deep.
    The first up there is his hostname ( Wich should contain his internet providers)
    Wich atm all i have traced all theire internet providers stand in the hostname.
    Extreme Internet - Your Gateway to the Internet
    PS I has barly no idea what im talking about but x) somehow that made sense to me PLZ call me a nab if im wrong

Finding out who sent the fake email.
    lushlad's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zakeok View Post
    I do not Realy understand whats the point? k The IP u showd up there is hosted in USA Phoenix
    ip-140-182-11.phx.extremezone.com
    Phoenix
    United States
    U got the info yeh? Now what u gonna do? Hack him? I dont realy think u will manage that cus well for a start he has a static IP or proxy u aint gonna find that guy unless u dig in deep.
    The first up there is his hostname ( Wich should contain his internet providers)
    Wich atm all i have traced all theire internet providers stand in the hostname.
    Extreme Internet - Your Gateway to the Internet
    PS I has barly no idea what im talking about but x) somehow that made sense to me PLZ call me a nab if im wrong

You quite right, this is where the trail ends im affraid. Tracking down to a telephone number/address is quite hard past this stage. As said tho, you could hack approach the hacking side of things with a simple portscan (altho firewalls can get in the way of this, bring back sub7 :P )

Mail bombing would seem to be the best way, or just lots of sign up to ****** Also try adding to MSN, start saying u heared he had an account for sale.. blah blah, you know the drill on that one.
    At the end of the day.... its night

Sychotix's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    285/572
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lolrogue View Post
    this is stupid because the real person is the guy who runs the botnet not the infected ******s

use your brain
    I'm pretty sure the person sending the emails is not smart enough to run their own botnet.

whero's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ignore them, most you can do.

403Forbidden's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/11
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason i only get original "Return path" and "arrival time"... No ip, no original email

Yes, using hotmail thingy. I can see plenty of info, such as the "pinballing" between different servers, mail prio etc... just no originating email

yes, return path is probably the same, but it isnt always so. Any ideas?

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a nice way to get back at them.

Go to IP Tracer, IP Tracker, IP Locator and other DNS tools and put in the IP

You will get a map of where the place is.

If this place is in the USA, you're in luck, and ready to make they pay, quite literally.

Go to maps.google.com and find the place again (Any one with half a brain can find it again, just match up familliar loacations and use the search etc.)

For my example, ip 70.32.46.187 tried phishing me, I traced his IP to chicago and went to google maps. I went into street view and saw it was a big computer show with chinese letters on the outside. It also had the name "ACE Computers". I googled Ace computers chicago. Lo and behold, I obtained their real address.

59 East 25th Street, Chicago, IL‎ - (312) 791-0322

Now for the fun bit

for my example, I went to a wesite where you can order food online, Food Delivery | Restaurant Delivery | Order Food Online | GrubHub.com Following the wesite and putting in the information of the phishers, I just ordered them $200 worth of pancakes and bacon and eggs

Make sure to have something like hotspot shield on when ordering if you're paranoid about them finding out.

Enjoy your revenge

Cromon's Avatar Legendary

Thanks G/R
    0/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have just ordered food worth $200 for the enterprise which hosted the server of the phisher.

Mikevin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cromon View Post
    You have just ordered food worth $200 for the enterprise which hosted the server of the phisher.
    I was thinking the same, there is no way you can retrieve the IP of the sender from an email.

Good thing is, they probably dont deliver $200 worth of food without checking if the order is legit.

~Jagris's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mikevin View Post
    I was thinking the same, there is no way you can retrieve the IP of the sender from an email.
    You must not know what a domain is.

2dgreengiant's Avatar ★ Elder ★

Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Minisword View Post
    Here's a nice way to get back at them.

Go to IP Tracer, IP Tracker, IP Locator and other DNS tools and put in the IP

You will get a map of where the place is.

If this place is in the USA, you're in luck, and ready to make they pay, quite literally.

Go to maps.google.com and find the place again (Any one with half a brain can find it again, just match up familliar loacations and use the search etc.)

For my example, ip 70.32.46.187 tried phishing me, I traced his IP to chicago and went to google maps. I went into street view and saw it was a big computer show with chinese letters on the outside. It also had the name "ACE Computers". I googled Ace computers chicago. Lo and behold, I obtained their real address.

59 East 25th Street, Chicago, IL‎ - (312) 791-0322

Now for the fun bit

for my example, I went to a wesite where you can order food online, Food Delivery | Restaurant Delivery | Order Food Online | GrubHub.com Following the wesite and putting in the information of the phishers, I just ordered them $200 worth of pancakes and bacon and eggs

Make sure to have something like hotspot shield on when ordering if you're paranoid about them finding out.

Enjoy your revenge

Not always can those ip trackers or w/e actually find the correct address lol so you could of ordered shit to a random house ¬_¬
    If you need me you have my skype, if you don't have my skype then you don't need me.

Builtokill's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, I've been getting more and more of these lately and blocking them will be great

Alyfast's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by 2dgreengiant View Post
    Not always can those ip trackers or w/e actually find the correct address lol so you could of ordered shit to a random house ¬_¬
    Pretty sure it was them sending the e-mails, I don't think a computer repair show would not protect themselves against botnets etc.

deathmagicks's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of them scammers are just stupid...

I found tens of scam emails in my spam box (after I left wow for a month or two) and my friend saw and convinced me they were "misplaced" so I "verified" my account. Then I started getting more emails many from the scammer and a few from blizz about password changes so I kept changing my password. I think the constant changing of passwords pissed off the scammer because he started sending me 3 emails a day which is...well stupid. As if this wasn't enough, he or she sent me a email saying i was gonna get banned for 3 hours and told me not to change acc info because this would mess up their search or something. I decided if that person was trying this hard to get my acc back, they probably got me game time so I called blizz and they gave me my acc back with a month of game time on it =D.

Getting game time using their money is good enough a get back for me =D.

(Plus the first scammer lvled my shammy to 80 *cough*)

Nonominator's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by deathmagicks View Post
    I found tens of scam emails in my spam box (after I left wow for a month or two) and my friend saw and convinced me they were "misplaced" so I "verified" my account. Then I started getting more emails many from the scammer and a few from blizz about password changes so I kept changing my password. I think the constant changing of passwords pissed off the scammer because he started sending me 3 emails a day which is...well stupid. As if this wasn't enough, he or she sent me a email saying i was gonna get banned for 3 hours and told me not to change acc info because this would mess up their search or something. I decided if that person was trying this hard to get my acc back, they probably got me game time so I called blizz and they gave me my acc back with a month of game time on it =D.

Getting game time using their money is good enough a get back for me =D.

(Plus the first scammer lvled my shammy to 80 *cough*)

You can also report spam/phishing to : [email protected]

This is a federal thing, if you report it, it will eventually get enough flags to start prosecution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast