0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scamming tip: Retrieve an old account you scammed that got recalled

First of all I´d like to say. This is not a scam, it´s just a tip and should be pretty basic to most scammers. But for some others this might be new and hopefully helpfull.

I searched the forum and didn´t find any threads with this, but if it is a repost post the link in this thread and I will delete this post.

Okey, now to the actual scamming tip:

When I scam, I allways keep the account info of the account, even if it get´s recalled. This should provide you with alot of info to different accounts after some time with scamming. Now, what you do is you go to: https://www.wow-europe.com/login-support/email.html. Check the e-mail they had on the account back when you scammed them. Most of the time they won´t still use this mail on the account, but if they. Congrats you got yourself a new account.

What to do if the e-mail doesn´t match?

Well, you could simply search around with google, facebook etc to try and find another e-mail that person got. No luck? Don´t worry! If you got all the info on the account required (Full name, CD - key and SQ / A) you can go fill in this webform: Blizzard Support Click world of warcraft and choose "Account security / compromise / Hacked.

From there you say in the explanation field that your account was hacked some time back, and you stopped playing but you would now like to get back into playing World of Warcraft. This would explain why you don´t know what server the character is on, last login date or maybe even character name. Just say you can´t find ur old character on wowarmory, so you don´t really know what characters are on the account anymore.

I have done this, now what?

Now you just sit back, relax and wait for your new account It will take blizzard a few days to precess this, but if the info you have on the account are correct, there should be no complications.

Hope this helped someone
    - Xatoz

Edit: Typos, color change
    Last edited by xAtoz; 03-25-2009 at 04:37 AM. Reason: color change, Typos

Scamming tip: Retrieve an old account you scammed that got recalled
    xAtoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about some replies from the people that´s seen this?
    Positive, or negative^^ I know it´s basic knowledge for most scammers, but probably not to all the newcommers.
    Last edited by xAtoz; 03-26-2009 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typos

eekje877's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No luck? Don´t worry! If you got all the info on the account required (Full name, CD - key and SQ / A)
    can u explain to me how you find out a cdkey of a scammed account?

ps. your guide does make sence,but people already beeing scammed and found out would take good matters to protect their account in future, so also change mail/pass/ etc.. it will be as hard as impossible to recall such account (if acc is still active).
    Hi MTV, and welcome to my crib!

hellian46's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen this before, but if you have full info wouldn't it be easier to just call blizzard and ask them to change your email and get the password reset?

xAtoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To eekje877:

I normally do trade scams, where we (me and the trader / victim) will exchange full info. Including cd-key, I even sometimes get them to send me a photo of their ID :P

Well, yes. People will change their e-mail etc. Tough, read the last part of my post. If you send in a webform and got the Full name on the account, account name, SQ/A and the CD - key. Just tell blizzard your account was hacked along time ago and you stopped playing because of it, but would now like to get bak into wow. Therefor you don´t know the other info. Like: E-mail on the account at the moment, password etc. Believe me, you an get far with this It´s tried and confirmed with numerous accounts, by me.

Hellian46:

Yes. You can also do this, but before I recalled the accounts I did this way not long ago I tried calling them ofc, as that´s alot faster. Though, 3/3 times they asked me for the adress on the account, wich I had not written down, so they just told me to send in a the webform.

I might have gotten unlucky with the people I met on the phone, or blizzard changed they´re policy on changing mail by phone, I don´t know really.

hellian46's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I would say so i've called and recalled alot of accounts and they never asked me the address.. They always say can I get your first last name.. Give it to them, then ask for account name.. Then I go on to tell them, I can't remember the email I have used on this account and my password was recently changed with out my knowing. I was wondering if I could get it changed to something else..

They just tell me sure what would you like it changed to, and I tell them what ever and they change it for me no problems..

Edit: How do you get a last name on an account changed, if you have all info?

Y R U A NUB ?'s Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xAtoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Y R U A NUB ? View Post

That post doesn´t say anything on how to retrieve the account if the e-mail doesn´t match. By using the webform, and the fact that you can use the webform even if you don´t have all the info you need to fill in the webform. So honestly, I don´t really consider this a repost. Yes, the first part of the "scam" is, but this tells more to go in debt with it, by the webform. Also that post is by using your old phisher logs, wich may or may not confuse someone new to scamming.

To any Moderators: If you think I´m wrong and you do consider this a repost, feel free to delete this topic.

- Xatoz

xAtoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hellian46 View Post
    Yes, I would say so i've called and recalled alot of accounts and they never asked me the address.. They always say can I get your first last name.. Give it to them, then ask for account name.. Then I go on to tell them, I can't remember the email I have used on this account and my password was recently changed with out my knowing. I was wondering if I could get it changed to something else..

They just tell me sure what would you like it changed to, and I tell them what ever and they change it for me no problems..

Edit: How do you get a last name on an account changed, if you have all info?

Maybe I´ve just been unlucky then : / How long since you tried this?

Because, a few months back I could also change the e-mail by phone without suplying the adress attached to the account.
    But when I tried this scam out (around a week ago), when I called blizz to get the mail changed, 3/3 times they asked me to provide an adress.
    Wich in my eyes is a kinda weird thing to do, as the adress is an editable thing on the account management page, so anyone who got acess to your account could easily change this.

- Xatoz

ThugNL's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really easy to do, only needs are current email, accoutname and s/a

xAtoz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the whole post, it says what to do if you got the current e-mail and what to do if you don´t got the current e-mail