0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safer laundering (Brainstorm)? I don't know just look

I just thought this up, and I don't have it thought out 100% but I'm sure it could lead to something good.

Basically, you need a scamming account, and another account, being it a friend's account (because of the different IP) or just another scamming account.

The basis of this brainstorm is that whenever people launder gold, they always go 1 character to another character to another character. It basically looks like:

A--->B--->C--->D--->F--->Your main account

As you can see, that trail is easy to follow.
    Sure you delete a few characters, the works, it can still get you easily banned.

Now imagine this:
    You and another account both have at least 5 extra character slots. That's a total of 10 characters.

A= 1st scamming account, B= 2nd scamming account
    #= number of the character

Imagine you just did a GB scam, and you have tons of mail to send out.
    Send it out evenly, to the remaining 9 characters (4 on scamming account, 5 on another account).

Now all of your characters, on account A and on account B should have an equal amount of mail. Now you get a friend, for example, to log onto account B, and both of you, go on each character, and start mailing things to any of the 9 characters that you are in control of.) Make sure that you don't send the same things in the same mails. For example, if you get a mail with 10 primal water and 10 primal air, and then another mail with netherweave and runecloth, send it back as 1 mail containing a primal air and netherweave, and primal water with runecloth.

Basically, what you are doing, is shuffling everything, so it is extremely hard to track. I know what I wrote up there is really hard to understand, so let me give you an example:

There is a circle of 10 people.
    You have a piece of paper. You rip it up, and give it to 9 other friends. Then they take the pieces of paper, rip them some more, and hand it off to another person in the circle. They keep doing it so much, that the person watching them doesn't know who had what to begin with.

The point of this is so that when GM's look at the trails left by In-game mails, instead of seeing a straight line from person to person, they see an interwoven web of mails, being practically impossible to track without spending countless hours.

Like I said, this isn't perfect yet, and you're going to have to figure out a way to finally get it to it's destination, being , for example, having random guildie's inviting them, and depositing them in the GB. However, if everything ends up in the GB, it will be easy to track, so you have to do something else. Don't do this too obviously, but try to make it so that at the end of this whole mail-a-thon, one or 2 characters have all the valuable items. Have them deposit them in the GB or whatever, then have the other characters, (with not very usefull items, such as meat) to go around to: random people, and giving it away, or asking to join a random guild, and just deposit useless shit in their GB.

Basically, what this does, is gives you all of the expensive items, but also leaves a huge web of mail, and also leaves a ton of loose ends, when you deposit random shit in random guild banks.

Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by jarza; 12-10-2008 at 01:42 AM.

Safer laundering (Brainstorm)? I don't know just look
    Iaccidentallytwink's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/16
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jarza View Post
    I just thought this up, and I don't have it thought out 100% but I'm sure it could lead to something good.

Basically, you need a scamming account, and another account, being it a friend's account (because of the different IP) or just another scamming account.

The basis of this brainstorm is that whenever people launder gold, they always go 1 character to another character to another character. It basically looks like:

A--->B--->C--->D--->F--->Your main account

As you can see, that trail is easy to follow.
    Sure you delete a few characters, the works, it can still get you easily banned.

Now imagine this:
    You and another account both have at least 5 extra character slots. That's a total of 10 characters.

A= 1st scamming account, B= 2nd scamming account
    #= number of the character

Imagine you just did a GB scam, and you have tons of mail to send out.
    Send it out evenly, to the remaining 9 characters (4 on scamming account, 5 on another account).

Now all of your characters, on account A and on account B should have an equal amount of mail. Now you get a friend, for example, to log onto account B, and both of you, go on each character, and start mailing things to any of the 9 characters that you are in control of.) Make sure that you don't send the same things in the same mails. For example, if you get a mail with 10 primal water and 10 primal air, and then another mail with netherweave and runecloth, send it back as 1 mail containing a primal air and netherweave, and primal water with runecloth.

Basically, what you are doing, is shuffling everything, so it is extremely hard to track. I know what I wrote up there is really hard to understand, so let me give you an example:

There is a circle of 10 people.
    You have a piece of paper. You rip it up, and give it to 9 other friends. Then they take the pieces of paper, rip them some more, and hand it off to another person in the circle. They keep doing it so much, that the person watching them doesn't know who had what to begin with.

The point of this is so that when GM's look at the trails left by In-game mails, instead of seeing a straight line from person to person, they see an interwoven web of mails, being practically impossible to track without spending countless hours.

Like I said, this isn't perfect yet, and you're going to have to figure out a way to finally get it to it's destination, being , for example, having random guildie's inviting them, and depositing them in the GB. However, if everything ends up in the GB, it will be easy to track, so you have to do something else. Don't do this too obviously, but try to make it so that at the end of this whole mail-a-thon, one or 2 characters have all the valuable items. Have them deposit them in the GB or whatever, then have the other characters, (with not very usefull items, such as meat) to go around to: random people, and giving it away, or asking to join a random guild, and just deposit useless shit in their GB.

Basically, what this does, is gives you all of the expensive items, but also leads a huge web of mails, and also leaves a ton of dead ends, when you deposit random shit in random guild banks.

Tell me what you think.
    Sounds like a great idea, but needs a good ending...

jarza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And they all lived happily ever after.

The End

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, it's a good idea. The ending is wonderful. But I don't think they take the items away when you scam a GB, but thats just me. Cause they don't really help the people that get GB's stolen because they chose to up their rank in the guild. But the general concept of your idea is good. Thanks for contributing, +raep from me.

Alucard805

EDIT: nvm -.- I gotta spread teh cookies. Ill get back to you

JD's Avatar Fedora Potato Johnson V
    Thanks G/R
    12/89
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good man