A way to help avoid getting banned, extremely quick, works with almost every scam. menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vertigo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A way to help avoid getting banned, extremely quick, works with almost every scam.

Okay, so to get to the point, this is practically copy-pasted from a post in another thread, however the post is **MINE**, and I decided to let the poor thing have a thread all of its own! Let's all cheer for this poor orphan post that grew up into its very own thread!

/cheer!

Okay, so anyways, remember, this is a PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE! I am not saying this will always work, or that it will even ever work.

All I know is that I have never gotten a warning or a ban for scamming in all my years of playing wow, and every time I scam I use this method, so why not try it?

So, I have my own way of getting around the gm ban thing... what I do is, not only do I do the delete guy and make new char with same name thing, but in my mail, when I send the money by mail, I put down in the letter:

"Congratulations! You are the lucky winner of the X gold lottery! I randomly picked one character on this realm, through armory, trade channel, and other methods,

(another thing you can add is like, between level X and Y or if you're 70, one character at level 70 on this realm... and so on)
    that will occasionally receive certain amounts of gold! This is to promote registering on X website, (maybe mmowned! (maybe not though, don't want to get this site into trouble ;P))!
    (feel free to change it around as much as you like, but you can keep it the same way, too )

That way, IF Blizzard manages to catch it, you have a larger chance of not getting apprehended for it...

And in advance to everyone saying,
    "That'll never work, you're such an idiot, bad idea", etc., as so many people do on these forums (although it is a lot less than on others )

THIS IS NOT FOOLPROOF!
    Nothing anything like this IS... so if you're trying to come onto the scamming section looking for a foolproof way,

YOU
    WON'T
    FIND
    IT.
    STOP LOOKING!

This is just a way to increase your chances.

/end text wall

Thanks for reading, and hope it helps!

EDIT: The problem with the ip, just get a friend or reconnect the router for a new IP address!
    EDIT2: To clear up the confusion, I will now provide a summary of this, very simple!

Pretty much, when you scam money or items, you might want to get a friend to do this so the IP isn't the same, send the money over to your main, then delete and rename the character, then in the mail with the money, you make it seem as if the character was chosen randomly out of a bunch to get the money sent to... it's not foolproof by any means but it helps your chances!
    Last edited by vertigo7; 10-28-2008 at 05:54 PM.

Dyslexics... UNTIE!!!! ---- 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions

A way to help avoid getting banned, extremely quick, works with almost every scam.
    Rec Alpam's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand it..

lajo1312's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am sorry, but same as Didadonny here

Hasselhoff's Avatar IN A SPEEDO
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You simply send the gold to your main, acting as if it was randomly chosen to give to by a lottery system.

The problem is your IP on both accounts = they know. So maybe get a friend instead.

vertigo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops! Should have added, a friend works fine, but if you have a pc, you can reconnect router. There are a bunch of ways that you can change ip! Sorry bout that, will edit in original post!

vertigo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    85 views, 3 posts, and two of them were just "I don't get it" posts... /sigh... ;P
    if you see something you don't understand, please at least say what PART you don't understand so I know exactly what part to clear up, not just,
    OMG I DONT GET IT OMGZBBQBAI
    if you give me a thing to change, I will clarify it, but don't just say the whole thing is unclear, because I know that it's not completely unclear... but whatever floats your boat ;P

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's because the post is not formatted well. It's..."gettable," but difficult to read.

Anyway, the general idea of what you're saying makes sense, but as Hasselhoff said, IP is important. Also, just changing your IP like that is strange...chances are, at some point in their lives, both accounts were logged into at least once by your IP.

It'd be much easier, simpler, and safer to just use a friend.

Also, in regards to this technique, the reverse also works. If you scam some gold and then send it to only one person in the mail, and write a mail message saying "yo dude I did the deed here's the shit," then the person in question may get suspended or even perma banned. Don't make it sound too obvious, like, don't say "ok I hacked this person's account, that guy you hate, just like you specifically told me to do, now here is the gold from his account, which you told me to hack, so you could get his gold." Make it sound like something a scammer would say to his friend, who wanted him to scam the account. "lol dude I did it here you go," "sup man I did it," etc. Make it sound vague, but not too vague, so Blizzard will see "okay this guy almost definitely told this guy to hack this account and steal the gold on it.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

totalpk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    doesnt work, tried it before =/ the friend method may work though

vertigo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm good idea, I like that I'll probably try it out on some people on my ignore list, worth 50g at least ;P anyways, thanks for the feedback, though could anyone tell me how to make my theory "readable"? I'm not sure I quite understand what he means. But thanks for the feedback, and a new great idea!

dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i'm not mistaken, this is Very similar to the strategy where you 1. "/y quitting wow, giving away money!" 2. give about 1-10 gold to some random ppl 3. give the BIG gold to a friend. He wont get banned since you just gave the money to him. (done this MANY times without ban )

dwd94's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by vertigo7 View Post
    85 views, 3 posts, and two of them were just "I don't get it" posts... /sigh... ;P
    if you see something you don't understand, please at least say what PART you don't understand so I know exactly what part to clear up, not just,
    OMG I DONT GET IT OMGZBBQBAI
    if you give me a thing to change, I will clarify it, but don't just say the whole thing is unclear, because I know that it's not completely unclear... but whatever floats your boat ;P
    And btw..
    The only "OMG I DONT GET IT OMGZBBQBAI" i saw was the one you posted.. :wave:

Draganiko's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand it, great guide I'll try to use it and +rep

Afterlife's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quite good idea . Think i`m going to find a use for this +rep

Zafni's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.. like someone already said this is just SinEaters laundering gold guide but changed a little. In sineater's you would just say giving away free gold, trade me at bank! or something. Ppl come up to you and trade you, you give them like 50s-2g, then your friend comes along and you give him the scammed gold, ie 5000g. This is basically the same, just changed for the worst since blizz will see you logged in on the same ips.

vertigo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where the friend comes in ;P and also, this saves you giving away 80g to people to stop yourself from getting banned... HOWEVER, I do respect the other idea, and it does probably work slightly better than this one, but does save you a bit of cash for you cheapies out there (like me)... however, you probably shouldn't yell "quitting wow" cuz if they see you played 2 weeks later for a couple hours, that kind of ruins it, but only if they look that far

Oh and another problem with the other way is that it's kind of obvious if you give 2 gold to 8 people than 10,000 gold to one person... I mean, maybe if it was a computer that was looking at it, but it's real humans that are checking these situations out. Granted, you will get lucky (maybe even 90% of the time) but eventually someone is probably going to put two and two together

NOT SAYING that this idea doesn't have flaws, just saying that the other one does too and that neither of them are foolproof. Anyways, thanks for the comments and the suggestions everyone! ROCK OUT!!! :icon_headbang:
    Last edited by vertigo7; 11-03-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast