0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scammers Guide: The Basics

So i was bored one day, and decided to right a short(long) guide to scamming, different scams, the pros and cons, the do's and donts.

Why BE a Scammer!?

Scamming is a short cut to what ever you want. plain and simple. its the easy way to get things, and definitely the most rewarding. Say you want 5k gold for you flying mount.. pop onto another account ( or yours if youve got ballz) and run through the spec tiger scam. want a t6 warrior? just pop onto MD and scam yourself one and you will have one in under half an hour. Its easy, and because its WoW, not much, emphasis on ---->MUCH<---- can happen to you - at first. You can get into legal trouble via wow, but whos really gonna call up their lawyer because you scammed their hunter?

Why you SHOULDN't be a scammer!

Though it may be the short cut, its aswell the most dangerous one. Scammers tend to get busted a lot more quickly and severly then beack pre - tbc, and its getting worse each patch. Truth be told, blizzard are busting (ie permanent account closuer) for small scams (guild bank scam etc). And trust me, with most scams nowadays, you will get some kind of infraction unless your lucky.

WoW Scams - Ingame

-- Gold

-- Accounts

-- Gear?

Gold Scams in the Wonderful World of Warcraft!

Gold scams are by far the easiest scams as they simply require your player to have a lot of gold and be stupid, which happens a lot seeing as blizzard shortened the xp from 1-70. If youve been on mmowned for a while now, you would of noticed that the amout of gold scams decreased while the amount of phishers and hacks greatly increased.

The two best gold scams i know are:

Spectral Tiger Scam: Con you victim into giving you gold for a fake spectral tiger code.

(LINK) Original post taken down >.> but my description should suffice.

Back Space Scam: When you press back space quickly as they trade you, normally knocking one or two zero's off the amount your paying.

(LINK): http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ing-piggy.html

There are other scams, but they generally dont work as they rely completely on your victims intelligence, though a good one is that scam when you mail them an item like 2 XX when they asked for 20 XX, but you just changed the tital of the letter.

TIPS:

Use psychology, its a mega advantage when it comes to scamming.

Never make out your the superior one in the scam, but that you are equal to them.

Only make jokes or irrelevant chit chat when appropriate, or its obvious your a scammer.

Account Scams IN WoW

Account scams are just scams, that scam the account instead of gold. These tend to go unheard of inside WoW, but there are a good few (normally working only on the lower lvl characters). Account scams are good only if the victim is a low lvl/new player, as he will obviously not be used to the game yet.

Good account scams?

DND scam: Tell the player they need to access some L33t feature by typing in /dnd
    account name and account pass

(LINK) http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ing-guide.html

DnD scam i have to say is a great scam. It the kind of one you do when you just want an account to test some new hacks out. There isnt really that much else you can say is an account scam ingame. Im sure there are, but i just done know any others that work tbh.

Tips for account scams:

Be immature, as this normally make the victim think your not that intelligent.

Be impatient, but not so much that your're rude and put the victim off.

Don't ever make out your the superior, otherwise they'll just get bored and/or annoyed with you and generally a lot less trust worthy.

Scam Gear

Not much to say, but the other scams/should suffice.

Scams related to WoW outside the Warcraft World!

---Scamming account trading sites!

---Scamming gold!

Scamming Account Trading Sites!!

These are probably my favourite scams by far, as they are just SO easy. I mean, its unbelievable. Basically, go to any account trading site, ie markeedragon.com and go to the WoW trading section. I normally go for the newest posts as their normally still on msn. Add them if you like the account, and just scam!

Ill break it down.

Two types of scams for this kinda thing, as the buyer, as the seller or as the trader.

First off, scamming money for trial accounts is just stupid, i mean just stupid, unless you use the whole invoice/warning thing, but seriously, if you just give them a trial account then its your PP account gone. As the buyer, all you have to do is buy the account, then recall the money on paypal. Unless their verified, you will be able to keep the money AND the account!!
    For trading, their are a number of account scams to use, but i wont go into detail as there are so many different ways.

Best way, Ultimate Account Scam: Trade a blank/trial account for a t6 account by modifying the page to make it look like an epic account.

(LINK): http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...ount-scam.html

zxiloN, you really out did yourself there, i mean its just a brilliant scam. Just few tips for this particular scam, make a fake character on the realm thats the same class and race, but just change the level and name. Also, you can use google chrome's feature to modify html but it's really no different from Kaziou.

Tips:

Just act natural, as if you really were trading, buying or selling an account.

Dont talk out of turn, as this will seem like you are rushing it (mainly because they know scammers dont care about payment if your trading or buying)

DONT RUSH! Cannot stress this enough, seriously.

Out of Game Gold Scams:

I wont give advice on this as by scamming gold i mean scamming the companies which is illegal, commonly reffered to as theft.

But a little TIP : if you scam an account just for gold,(ie stripping the character bare, vendoring, and sending all the gold to your alt) i would advise keeping the account for yourself, as selling a naked lvl 70 still counts as scamming

Finally, Phishing!

Phishing used to be a lot less hazardous on the scammers part, but a lot less profitable. Since phishers have been made that are an exact copy of the WoW site, buy using one your officialy breaking the law via copyright, but anyway, you get loads of accounts via these so ill give you some tips.

Some great Phishers:

Exact WoW Site replica breaking all the rules of copyright: I would use this as you generally do get a lot of accounts through these. especially this one as you never ask for their password but they have to log into use it.. smart.

(LINKS): http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...-pictures.html

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-sc...eal-thing.html

There are other phishers, but those two are just the best.

Tips:

Use an add free host for obvious reasons

Try and make sure there are no loop holes in it, ie, nothing happens when you complete the form.

Youtube Scams:

Dont use these, unless your want a lvl 4 gnome rogue called Fredsgnome

Hope this has been useful, if you want your scam talked about in this thread just post the link and some notes ie, what parts your want criticised

Manky

Last edited by Manky; 09-09-2008 at 01:52 PM.

Scammers Guide: The Basics
    Manky's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn that paypal thing is steeling all my posts!

Apartment Wolf's Avatar King - AMG
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think its cool

Manky's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks m8

ShAnX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not very INTO Any specif scam, But good N00b Guide :P

Manky's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry are you saying my guide is.. noob... or saying that its good FOR noobs?

ShAnX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Manky View Post
    sorry are you saying my guide is.. noob... or saying that its good FOR noobs?
    By Noob I meen that it Is for Basic Beginning scammers That Should Start off By reading this, Sorry for the Missunderstanding :icon_headbang:

HeyaEveryone's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awsome information ty

Manky's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R