0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathunx's Q&A Thread

If you don't know who I am, check thisthread.

Hey folks, let me first introduce myself properly.

I am not a threat to your community. I am not fat, nerdy and I don't live at home with my mother. I don't like long walks on the beach, unless it's a nude beach. I'm a moderator on Markee Dragon, but I am not here to represent them. I am only interested in protecting my community, and I have no business trying to harm yours. I respect people who are intelligent and ethical, regardless of if you're a scammer or not. That being said, I have no respect for punk kids.

I will answer all of your questions here. I'm not trying to make enemies, as I believe in diplomacy. I've spoken with contributors, donators, legendary members, admins alike, and I have found that most of you are all mature and intelligent. I ignore all the IMs I get that start with "Lol fag ur prob just a fat nerd", so if you're going to talk to me, don't be an idiot.

You can ask the people I have spoken with. I am a truthful person and I will not lie to any of you. However, these are the rules I have set out for this thread, and they're being enforced by KuRIoS etc.
    1) No flaming. I'm not interested in hearing what you have to say about how gay I am.
    2) No stupid questions. Pretty self-explanatory.
    3) No challenging me to find you. I am not going to spend time and resources into finding you so I can satisfy your curiousity and insecurity. I have proven myself multiple times, and leaders of your community will agree.
    4) Don't IM me and ask me a question, I will redirect you to this thread. I'm trying to keep my MSN/AIM clear of all of that.
    5) This thread isn't for your opinions. Post them elsewhere. I am here to answer questions, not hear about how you're not afraid of anything. Enlarge your e-peen elsewhere.

All of that being said, I'm not your enemy. I can be your friend, and if it ever comes down to it I could be useful to you. I know that a lot of you still have morals and don't scam legit users anyway. I'm not here to treat you all with disrespect, and I give respect to those who return it. If you're genuinely a good person, come down to Southern California and we'll get a beer. Especially, if you happen to be a hot female with moderate standards.

Ask away!
    Last edited by kathunx; 08-01-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Kathunx's Q&A Thread
    KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/297
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i will keep this thread clear of flaming, if anyone starts flaming then its infractions or worse

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FAG FAG FAG FAG!

Jk, gl Kathunx. You know you have my support aswell.

p0ke's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kathunx is 100% trustworthy, he's an awsome person.

I support him and what he's doing.

And yeah, GL kathunx.. ^^

Dragon[Sky]'s Avatar Anti-social Engineer
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I fully support you against scammers. Not that I've been scammed or something, it's just I got my ethical morales and stuff.
    Oh and I'm going to Southern California next year and I'd like a Smirnoff Ice instead of beer.

My question would be...

Isn't it illegal to mine informations like that? I mean, it's not easy to retrieve personal info out of a screen name/username on a forum to my knowledge, so I'd assume it's either illegal or else.

ubrpwnt's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DSky you're a hacker shut up... lol

kathunx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dragon[Sky] View Post
    Honestly I fully support you against scammers. Not that I've been scammed or something, it's just I got my ethical morales and stuff.
    Oh and I'm going to Southern California next year and I'd like a Smirnoff Ice instead of beer.

My question would be...

Isn't it illegal to mine informations like that? I mean, it's not easy to retrieve personal info out of a screen name/username on a forum to my knowledge, so I'd assume it's either illegal or else.
    First of all, any man that enjoys Smirnoff Ice more than beer should be penalized through man law. If you do come down, I will pour that beer down your throat with a funnel and make you like it the hard way .

Regarding your question -
    It isn't illegal to find out information on someone. Some of my associates are legal Private Investigators and they do it for a living. Legality comes into play if you post that information out to the public, or if you use that information to harm the person. I have TWO lawyers that constantly advise me on what I'm doing. The "Jackals" (I'm starting to hate that name), do what I cannot. That is why they remain nameless. I don't tell them to do what they do, and that is why I remain legally unattached. What they do is up to them. Obviously, I can't condone any illegal activities as that would (to a certain extent) put me at risk. I hope that answers your question.

JohnPreston's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Why are you here since this is like the enemy's hide-out.

Btw, about the beer, if you buy me a plane ticket, or at least split the costs, I'll come /jk

darksabre90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kathunx View Post
    Hey folks, let me first introduce myself properly.

You obviously know who I am. I am not a threat to your community. I am not fat, nerdy and I don't live at home with my mother. I don't like long walks on the beach, unless it's a nude beach. I'm a moderator on Markee Dragon, but I am not here to represent them. I am only interested in protecting my community, and I have no business trying to harm yours. I respect people who are intelligent and ethical, regardless of if you're a scammer or not. That being said, I have no respect for punk kids.

I will answer all of your questions here. I'm not trying to make enemies, as I believe in diplomacy. I've spoken with contributors, donators, legendary members, admins alike, and I have found that most of you are all mature and intelligent. I ignore all the IMs I get that start with "Lol fag ur prob just a fat nerd", so if you're going to talk to me, don't be an idiot.

You can ask the people I have spoken with. I am a truthful person and I will not lie to any of you. However, these are the rules I have set out for this thread, and they're being enforced by KuRIoS etc.
    1) No flaming. I'm not interested in hearing what you have to say about how gay I am.
    2) No stupid questions. Pretty self-explanatory.
    3) No challenging me to find you. I am not going to spend time and resources into finding you so I can satisfy your curiousity and insecurity. I have proven myself multiple times, and leaders of your community will agree.

All of that being said, I'm not your enemy. I can be your friend, and if it ever comes down to it I could be useful to you. I know that a lot of you still have morals and don't scam legit users anyway. I'm not here to treat you all with disrespect, and I give respect to those who return it. If you're genuinely a good person, come down to Southern California and we'll get a beer. Especially, if you happen to be a hot female with moderate standards.

Ask away!
    In regards to "the jackals", is anything they do illegal? If so are you aware that you can be charge with conspiracy if someone were to actually challenge them?

Dragon[Sky]'s Avatar Anti-social Engineer
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, any man that enjoys Smirnoff Ice more than beer should be penalized through man law. If you do come down, I will pour that beer down your throat with a funnel and make you like it the hard way .
    I totally agree on that one, but I'm a girl and not all girls like beer. Well, personally I don't. :P
    Regarding your question -
    It isn't illegal to find out information on someone. Some of my associates are legal Private Investigators and they do it for a living. Legality comes into play if you post that information out to the public, or if you use that information to harm the person. I have TWO lawyers that constantly advise me on what I'm doing. The "Jackals" (I'm starting to hate that name), do what I cannot. That is why they remain nameless. I don't tell them to do what they do, and that is why I remain legally unattached. What they do is up to them. Obviously, I can't condone any illegal activities as that would (to a certain extent) put me at risk. I hope that answers your question.
    That answers my question. I was referring to -maybe- illegal datamining. But if you have private investigators doing it, then it's fine. :]

@ ubrpwnt: I don't dare call myself a hacker, I may have some skills but I wouldn't define myself as one. Besides, I'm a white hat. :P

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, sorry for my late entrance.

But yeah, I and many others fully support Kathunx. Please don't flame him.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

excez's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if you find a scammer, what will you do? (Serious question here)

kathunx's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by darksabre90 View Post
    In regards to "the jackals", is anything they do illegal? If so are you aware that you can be charge with conspiracy if someone were to actually challenge them?
    What the Jackals do with scammers isn't really my business. I have instructed them to not push legal boundaries, but I can't help it if they do.

I know the laws against conspiracy, and I am not violating them. I would be if I condoned this illegal activity, but that's like charging the Ticket guy at the Opera for telling Lee Harvey Oswald the Lincoln is sitting upstairs. The same law that protects Private Investigators protects me. Thousands of PI's would be in jail if they charged all of them for assaults that resulted after they gave their customers information on someone's location.

I hope that answered your question. And to the poster above, you are not my enemies. Some of your are just a little misguided

Saint-Pasdoy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So. Have you tried to trace ppl out of USA ?

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by excez View Post
    What if you find a scammer, what will you do? (Serious question here)
    This is explained in the sticky. But, just to summarize it:

If he finds you and you scammed a 6+ rep or TWV Markee user, then he will first ask you to give what you stole back, and possibly ask for an apology (video or sound file). If you refuse, then he'll unleash the Jackals and ask for it back again. From what he's told me, he instructs the Jackals to keep upping the punishment each time the person refuses to give an account back.

If you scam someone, and Kathunx or someone on his behalf approaches you, just give back what you took and you'll most likely be fine.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Page 1 of 33 12345 ... LastLast