Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auctioneer Mod scam

----(please leave the copyright info below intact)----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and (Content visible to registered users only. Please register here to view the hidden content.), where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce the above on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

**Please not that I have not tested this myself, but the concept seems sound**

I was browsing through the AH with my auctioneer mod when I had an idea that may be quite unique. The Auctioneer mod is based off of the averages of listed auction prices.

So where am I going with this, you ask?

Well say you had 3 or so of the same item (an item that's a little more uncommon would work better, but of course a monopoly would most likely yield the greatest opportunity) We'll refer to these three items as X, Y, and Z.

Now let's say that item X Y and Z has a value of about 5g each. Most people generally scan their mods around dinner or before they go to bed, so this will be used to our advantage. Here's the basic outline of how it should go;

1) Just before one of these windows, place X Y and Z (more would work better) in the AH for 20g, or something high like that.

2) Wait about 10-20 minutes or so (average length of a scan)

3) Remove all three from the AH, then place the items in, one at a time, for about 15g.

The catch is, when they scan their little mods to find a good profit, they'll think they're getting one because you threw Auctioneer off, when in reality you just pocketed some nice change.

Good luck, people!

*Edit*
    Note that this method is not limited to items that actually have value; if noobs see that a common item has a decent profit, they may buy it and try to put it back up because they don't know any better
    Last edited by Ozrien; 03-25-2007 at 04:13 PM.

Auctioneer Mod scam
    NightHawk2o1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Auctioneer Mod scam

Wouldnt you have to wait till the next day? Since they would scan it once and then go to bed or eat dinner they wouldnt scan it again, and you should put it up for like 12 hours or something so a lot of people scan it then the next day put it up befor they scan again..

Just some advice.

HazelNut's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking of the same thing last night after my actioneer scan and found some ores listed for like 20g with a profit of around 300g. after thottbotting the ore i found that it a stupid quest item and it must be a scam...
    i didn't fall for it but maybe someone with bottomfeeder (to automatically buy things to make a profit) might...

Ozrien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt you have to wait till the next day? Since they would scan it once and then go to bed or eat dinner they wouldnt scan it again, and you should put it up for like 12 hours or something so a lot of people scan it then the next day put it up befor they scan again..

Just some advice.
    It's a good idea; i just posted this as more of a basic concept, everyone can mix match and mess with it to their liking

after my actioneer scan and found some ores listed for like 20g with a profit of around 300g
    1) I'm proud of you for not being a noob and actually doing your research
    2) The key to this is subtlety; you want to make it look like it's a realistic profit; if I saw something listed for a 300g profit I'd more than likely question it's validity too
    Last edited by Ozrien; 03-25-2007 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

HazelNut's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the amount of gold you could be able t make out of this scam isn't huge but it's extremely safe and realatively easy to do. eather way, thanks for sharing +rep

vamnon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is great an honest unbannable way to make gold.

Is it possible to put up 10 items individually every day for a week at 2000g then drop it to 100 or would auctioneer disregard these as anomalies?

Ozrien's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to put up 10 items individually every day for a week at 2000g then drop it to 100 or would auctioneer disregard these as anomalies?
    Auctioneer is designed to scan all purchases to find an average cost, then let you know when something is being sold cheaply so you can make a profit; it takes all prices into account, so no, auctioneer would not mark those as anomilies. However, if you tip the balance that much and auctioneer shows a profit of 400g or so to be had, some people might catch on

ComputerUser's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't you need to overprice the items for several days to get the "average" up?
    I just love reading all the STUPID things KIDS post on this forum over and over and over and over again.

Cittidel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ComputerUser
    Wouldn't you need to overprice the items for several days to get the "average" up?

It depends on how extreme you go I'd think, you could raise it really really high and that would also throw it off.

lag's Avatar The ERP Chicken
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone has been using this on my server, I guess successfully because it's been going on for some time. Strange item too. [Farmer's Broom] with a +Beastslaying enchant. Of course, it doesn't get be because I don't AFK auctioneer, but it sure as heck comes up on EVERY single report I run :P

Auctioneer reports a 859g profit! Ha!