6/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PvP] Rogue Helpful macros

Having started recently playing my Rogue again in PvP, I thought I'd share a few very simple, but very helpful, macros with you.

These are especially helpful in Arena, where control plays a huge part of the Rogue's role in a fight.

nb. most of them rely on you having a "/focus" target set on their primary Healer (or DPS if no healers)

Firstly, you have to set your /focus; once that's done these basic macros will be invaluable:

1) Blind your Focus

/cast [target=focus] Blind

2) Kick/silence your Focus

/cast [target=focus] Kick

-- Now these may seem obvious, but for those that don't utiliise them, you're missing out on a big advantage.
    With Blind and Kick set to your /focus, you can use these abilties without having to drop your current target.

So, for instance, you can keep spamming Shiv to apply Wound Poison to that pesky Warrior, and instantly Blind (or Kick if within melee range) his healer.
    *Quartz cast bar addon works great in conjunction with this, as you can place your Focus' cast bar somewhere on your screen so you can time that Kick interupt perfectly, etc.*
    No need to have to waste those precious .XX seconds changing targets.
    It has saved games on my Rogue when I've been able to perfectly time a Kick on a nearby Priest as they try to get off a Greater Heal, without the trouble of having to switch targets THEN Kick the cast.

Lastly, this is for SStep Rogues only:

Again, I use this constantly, but aren't too sure if any other Rogues do...

/cast [nostealth] Stealth
    /stopcasting
    /cast Shadowstep

--What does it do?

*Primary use: SStep when NOT Stealthed*
    Well, if you're in combat, it will simply SStep as usual, BUT, with the addition of the Stealth/stopcast lines, if you're outside the 5secs OOC rule, you more often than not SStep and re-Stealth whilst SSteping, so you get an instance Opener, as opposed to the usual non-Stealthed attack.

nb. this is NOT an exploit, just a nice little trick for restealthing during a SStep where you may not have done before.

I hope my meager input onto these great forums was helpful to somebody!

[PvP] Rogue Helpful macros
    Dreadroth's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice to see that someone uses these macros :P

and yea, its really nice to use the stealth if you have a couple or more rogues against a warrior, and he wants to ignore you over the others.
    Bad choice :P