0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Addons!

So I've been using RealUI since before I can remember but I've been watching pvp videos recently and it doesn't seem to be as helpful - for example I'd like to see my debuffs on enemy nameplates. Since I also like things to look good I'm going to be making my entire UI from scratch. So, which addons do you consider essential and that I should fit onto my screen?

Addons!
    phantom325's Avatar Turtle Nation
    Thanks G/R
    81/162
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what class?

EDIT: The main 2 you'll need is Healers Have To Die for BG's, and of course Gladius for arenas
    EDIT2: Some more good ones: TellMeWhen lets you know when your CD's are available, BG Spy gives info on enemy classes/specs in BG's, GladiatorlosSA announces (audio) when enemies pop stuff like trinkets, and Capping Battleground Timers is nice if you don't have DBM to do it for you.
    Last edited by phantom325; 01-02-2013 at 04:27 AM.

chk's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    what class?
    I realize each that class will require their own UI to an extent - there is no be all and end all solution. But here we go anyway; in order of amount they will be played: arms/prot warrior, ret paladin, s/disc priest, feral/guardian druid, enh shaman, affli warlock. I don't expect you to give me a solution for each class I just thought I could list them all and maybe you play the same and would be more helpful to me and anybody reading this way. Thanks

chk's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by phantom325 View Post
    what class?

EDIT: The main 2 you'll need is Healers Have To Die for BG's, and of course Gladius for arenas
    EDIT2: Some more good ones: TellMeWhen lets you know when your CD's are available, BG Spy gives info on enemy classes/specs in BG's, GladiatorlosSA announces (audio) when enemies pop stuff like trinkets, and Capping Battleground Timers is nice if you don't have DBM to do it for you.
    I just noticed that you updated your post, this is exactly what I was looking for, I also found another addon which doesn't seem to have many installs or downloads so when I get back to my pc I'll find out the name and let everybody know.

Suckaah's Avatar Active Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Together with phantoms list get these aswell;

Shadowed Unit Frames (Personal preference, I used standard UI but you can config this to be much simpler looking)
    Tide Plates (Mod it so you can see enemy class etc)
    Lose Control

I can give you my UI code for Shadowed Unit Frames in a pm if you wish.

hasenfutter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love making my own UI's and I've used so many different UI's...

I think the most most important tips are these:

• Don't install too many addons at once. Install 1 or 2 addons, then configure them, test them (combat training dummy or other things) and configure them again. When you test them you will usually find that you can improve them.
    • If the same information on your screen is displayed twice, you're doing it wrong.
    • Take your time! Don't rush it, don't have poorly configured addons all over your cluttered UI....(It took me from level 87 to level 90 before I considered my UI complete and it's still changing.)
    • Definitely download the SharedMedia addons etc and try to use the same bar texture / border texture / font throughout your UI.
    • Turn off information that you don't need. ( For example, do you really need to see your targets' targets' target?. Do you need to see the mana bar of your targets target? Do you need to see both current mana and maximum mana of your focus ? "56445 / 126454" ) spoiler: you don't
      Turning off information won't hurt you. And you can always decide that you want to re-enable it. But less is more. The less info you have on your screen, the more you can focus on the information that is actually there, the important things.

Hopefully this will help. Also, if you ever feel like your UI is complete and you have all your addons configured, then that's where you can download kgPanels and prepare to put in some time and effort to make your UI look finished and amazing.

Feel free to message me anytime and I'll gladly help.

Bosskiller's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elvui is an excellent UI mod to use and can be configured to show your debuffs not only on Unit Frames, but the mob health frame bars as well.