0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grinding runs through isntances

Wasn't 100% sure where to post this, but since it involves instances and discussion... I guess this will do.

I look at all these power leveling guides and all I see are either Joanna's / Kopp's guides, with a different quest here or there, or a grinding spot guide.

A friend and I were thinking of a different method and I wasn't sure if this idea is already out there or if there is a guide for it. My friend has a level 70 on server that he wants me to join. So, naturally, I want to reach 70 in the fastest amount of time possible and we think that we can pull it off faster this way: I level a new toon to 13 and from there I just start following him through instances as he smashes through everything.

There are good sides and bad sides to this, I suppose:

Pros
    ========
    Getting to level 13 is a piece of cake. Won't take much time, and from there I can hit VC and we can start grinding it.

Leveling will be faster than normal questing or grinding in the instances, in theory.

Good gear can be obtained faster / easier. Disenchanting / Selling of the dropped greens can be a good source of beginner income.

Cons
    ========
    It won't get me all the way to level 70 this way, as there will eventually be instances that a 70 can not solo. (Although I should, in theory, reach the higher levels faster, and then the rest of his guild members can pitch in.)

It will be boring for both of us. Although being bored together will probably be better than being bored by grinding alone... maybe...

So - for discussion - do you think it will work or does this method (or a guide for it) already exist?

Grinding runs through isntances
    JMan806's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Grinding runs through isntances

Instance grinding works, but it best to tie it in with quests as not every person can be promised with a high level friend.

Overall depending upon the level of you vs the instance and that of the player running you it can be beneficial.

The reason many don't do this however is that high level characters can eat away your possible exp/hr. While having a high level run you through instances for quests benefits you better to clear that log.

You'll find out that leveling through quests to be better in the long run then just from instance running. Though doing both will help out even better.

trampy10's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Grinding runs through isntances

Gliding is the fastest way imo

Renegade2k6's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its better to get boosted thru instances, the xp isnt as nice, but collect the blues and greens, bank anything you can use (But not at current lvl), send the rest to be disenchanted, slap the goodies on AH, reep the rewards.

waynepetiylana's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when going through DM if your the only player with the 40+ (i could solo dm on 30 but it was slow) you get a fair bit of exp. but a quicker way if you have a 70 to help you is to go kill elite mobs that are red to you. tag them out of party and then have the higher level kill them for you. works well if you have skype or something like that.

kayleta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gliding is to risky though
    https://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/darthdiddy/kayleta.jpg

illogic's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not risky if you know what your doing

Koliho's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad they nerfed Seed of Corruption cause if your friend was a warlock he couldve cast the Seed of Corruption on one mob then run out and let you get the xp.

but since that wont work anymore, i guess you just have to quest alot.

ReidE96's Avatar Archer Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This does work, actually. I'm level 24 on an alt, my level 64 pally friend (he's prot, which makes things a bit easier) runs through all of stockades with ret aura up, then runs back to me and kills them all. I get about 110-140 xp per kill, and they're yellow for me. And I do nothing.

DZY351378's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gliding with a good warlock or prot pally is typically the easiest way to get your levels up. Easy, of course, being effortless. I don't know many people who would glide a lowbie for hours on end - it gets rather boring after a while.

mschultz32's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way to get from 1-43 the fastest is to use this strat (requires a mage and horde faction)

1-12 - Quest, grind, whatever you do to do that the fastest possible. No real way to make that go any faster way

12-16 Have a mage aoe grind RFC for you

16-20 Deadmines mage aoe grind

20-43 Armory and Cathedral runs with the mage

Im currently a 35 warlock with 18 hours played, id link if I could post links.

I have spent time doing my felguard and sucubus quests (over an hour each)

My last rogue I did this with was about 14 hour played before i hit 43. Sorry that I cannot be more specific but this is the "guide" I use.

Prouistimba's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when im going to start a new caracter i want to have fun with it and not be the whole day in an instanc

srry for the realy bad english

Sleepingcap's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i grinded my holy priest up to 50 with only instances.. And it just worked fine.. thanks to the fact, that holy priests are hard to find under lvl 70 + i had yberhealing items..
    well.. i got 4-5 /w every instance run inviting to another one.

keitarokun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried it both ways, each with a warrior. Once as alliance the other is horde (my current alt). I've found its actually WAY easier to just quest and skip the instance. Given if you're on a newer server you won't be able to twink out your character from buying things off the AH, so instancing would be a good option. The only problem is that you would have to grind a few gaps during your leveling around the 30s, but it wouldn't be too bad. You would also need a solid group to really burn through the instances in a hurry to get XP faster. Hope that helps some.

Smeems's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have one of these quest guides, questing is just so much quicker. To put it in the extreme case: I levelled a hunter to 60 (post. 2.3) in just over 3 days played time.

Seriously, just go quest. If people say you out level your quest rewards within 3 levels, the same can be said for most drops in instances.