0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant on dps from a warrior tank point of view

Alright, there are quite some things about DPS piss me off a good amount while tanking. To start off, I am going to start talking about dps warriors. Some DPS warriors, not all, roll on that one tanking epic that you have been farming for WEEKS! An example of this is a Red Sword of Courage - Item - World of Warcraft that i have been farming for a good 3 weeks, it finally drops 3 days ago in Utgarde Pinnacle. While I'm like YES, FINALLY! The dps warrior rolls need and wins it, he says its for his off spec. I then get pissed thinking wait, I had to earn my tanking gear while you could just take what should obviously be given to me from me while being the crappiest dps in my group? Are you ****ing kidding me? This happened at least 10 times in my groups over the years between BC and WOTLK, this has pissed me off so much. The dual talents haven't helped this situation at all either.

Another thing I am going to be talking about is requirements to get into heroics and raids. I had to take a good week or 2 to just get geared to tank a simple heroic because people think that tanks have to have a high amount of health for a heroic. These are also the same people that allow green geared rogues into the group to go into a heroic. The main thing that has to be done is to get defense capped, and at least have 20k health, you could then do a few easy heroics such as nexus, then get geared from there. Some *******s don't understand this and think that tanks have to have a endless pool of health! Trust me people out there, the requirements for tanking a easy simple heroic is not that big for a tank except mostly to be defense capped!!!

The last thing I am going to be talking about is the dps controlling their aggro. (yes, im also talking about that warrior dps that bladestorms, gets himself killed, and blames it on me the tank) A warrior tank can't control all that dps from that bladestorm you do every few groups, please just use whirlwind. There are other classes that don't know how to control there aggro either and gets themselves killed. Just watch your aggro sometimes please, and when you accidentally pull a mob due to your aggro, don't blame it on the tank all the time, it might be your fault.

The point of this is, please don't expect such high requirements for a tank for a heroic while you let dps with green gear join into the same group, please roll for the spec your playing as in a group, and PLEASE, PLEASE watch your aggro sometimes, we are not paladins with our aoe tanking spells ready on demand with our mana, we have rage which takes a little time to generate.

I just had to get these few things off my chest, there are a few more things that piss me off about dps while I'm tanking, but I can't be arsed at the moment to write those things too into this rant. If you actually read this whole thing, thank you for actually taking the time to read it .

Rant on dps from a warrior tank point of view
    OrangeKingdom's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont allow no green geared nothing in my group.
    Its a heroic not a instance, farming them is cake stop QQing.
    If you would of stated only roll on your spec this wouldn't happen to you.
    Ninja activities are a regular thing, thus why we all know what the ninja act is.

The reason everyone wants high health tanks is because you can take more dmg.
    Period.
    More health means more damage, no one wants to get saved on a fail group.

If your having aggro taken from you clearly you need to work on your rotation.
    TANKS HAVE A THREAT ROTATION TO PREVENT THREAT FROM BEING TAKEN.
    The only exception to this is:
    Your a new tank (gear wise) and pick up a OP DPS party member.
    Which in itself, is your fault if your making the group.

Tanks have high expectation period, your the meat shield.
    You have as much expectations and responsibility as the healer.

Without the tank the raid doesn't go.
    Without the healer the raid doesn't go.

And guess what buddy...

Without the DPS who might take your threat or be rocking greens or off spec ninja items you have been wanting for weeks...

The raid doesn't go.

BrightChild's Avatar I AM 100$ SERIOUS
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but, the sword isn't that good, QQ. Second, you are just asking to get flamed if you are not holding agro, tanks have gotten so much threat buffs, a full greened out tank could hold agro over an 8.5 raid, with ease. Go to elitistjerks.com and follow all the rotations & gearing guides there, and you'll find yourself losing agro alot less and that kind of stuff.

OrangeKingdom's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BrightChild View Post
    a full greened out tank could hold agro over an 8.5 raid, with ease.
    Now we know that THAT is a bit over the edge Bright lol.

BrightChild's Avatar I AM 100$ SERIOUS
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fillo View Post
    Now we know that THAT is a bit over the edge Bright lol.
    not even, agro is such a joke in WOTLK, if you can't hold agro, it's a little pathetic.

ant568's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fillo View Post
    I dont allow no green geared nothing in my group.
    Its a heroic not a instance, farming them is cake stop QQing.
    If you would of stated only roll on your spec this wouldn't happen to you.
    Ninja activities are a regular thing, thus why we all know what the ninja act is.

The reason everyone wants high health tanks is because you can take more dmg.
    Period.
    More health means more damage, no one wants to get saved on a fail group.

If your having aggro taken from you clearly you need to work on your rotation.
    TANKS HAVE A THREAT ROTATION TO PREVENT THREAT FROM BEING TAKEN.
    The only exception to this is:
    Your a new tank (gear wise) and pick up a OP DPS party member.
    Which in itself, is your fault if your making the group.

Tanks have high expectation period, your the meat shield.
    You have as much expectations and responsibility as the healer.

Without the tank the raid doesn't go.
    Without the healer the raid doesn't go.

And guess what buddy...

Without the DPS who might take your threat or be rocking greens or off spec ninja items you have been wanting for weeks...

The raid doesn't go.
    You made some errors there
    a heroic is a instance, if it has a loading screen then it is a instance.

Tanks don't really need the health to tank as long as they have dodge and defense cap then there fine saying to low hp is bull if that happen's then the healer is not geared well and can't heal the damage from the boss's/trash mobs i know this beacause i had the problems with them blue gear healers that are lazy and just can't be a^^ed to heal faster when boss's are enraged.

Ellu's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wat u talking about man i had def capped and 24k hp when in tank gear when i hit lvl 80 on my pally

but i agree with you on high requirements as a tank/healer (me being hawt epix gears in all specs) though ;p but i dont take noob tanks either
    full blue gears and maybe some crafted epics for a tank should be enough for easy heroics: a couple of epics for harder ones. the tanks that rush to HoL the minute they hit 80 are n00bs
    normals arent even required to be done much, maybe enough so you get some trinkets and stuff you cant do with blacksmithing. instances are way easier than they were in tbc anyway.

Tanks don't really need the health to tank as long as they have dodge and defense cap then there fine saying to low hp is bull if that happen's then the healer is not geared well and can't heal the damage from the boss's/trash mobs i know this beacause i had the problems with them blue gear healers that are lazy and just can't be a^^ed to heal faster when boss's are enraged.
    You made some errors there, tanks need good health AND defense capped. If the tank dies its usually his fault having too low hp or other stats since healing is a piece of cake (gears are so easy to get in wotlk). You know, if the cow warrior happens to have his def capped and good dodge it doesnt matter if his hp is something like 20k, he could get killed quickly by some mobs in UP for example. Many tanks are too dependent on healers but y'know we cant heal when were feared or silenced (or dead cuz tank's aggro generation sux gear sux ans skills sux and dps does so low threat im second on threat list cos i have to constantly heal the tank = aggrrroooo) and its the tanks that cant be arsed to be geared enough to handle a few secs of boss frenzy
    Last edited by Ellu; 06-15-2009 at 05:37 AM.

Skeetss's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IN all fairness, Warrior bladestorm does pull alot of aggro. I dont have threat problems as a pally due to Righteous Fury but I can see why a Warr would be pissed.

invisiblegamer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warrior aggro is easy to get, just remember to Vigilance the highest threat DPSer and you're golden. The vigilance glyph helps a lot too.

trinity04's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [My2Cents]
    I see exactly what the OP is talking about. While some of you elitists think you are so awesome. "Haha Noob, no DPS should ever pass a tank. You suck as a tank...Blah blah blah." I can put My DPSer against any tank out there and pass it in threat if I really wanted to. But the point is a good DPSer absolutely SHOULD watch their threat.

Unfortunately there are loot ninjas sneaking around everywhere. You have to set rules at the start of the instance, BEFORE any boss is killed. It isn't always foolproof, but it does help.

As for that sword, My Warlock has it. :-D I ran with my friend every day for him to get that sword (Offset). When he got it after 2 weeks, the next run I got it. It looks great with Fiery on it. :-)

[/My2Cents]