Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is just really awesome, thanks a bunch, you seem like a great guy! This helped loads!

The WoW Lawyer's Guide to Blizzard Policy
    {CoReY}'s Avatar Botting Since 2008
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha wow i'm horrible with my patience when I read, but amazing post, *sad face* I live in ohio lol

Verye's Avatar The WoW Lawyer
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Omgowned View Post
    Haha wow i'm horrible with my patience when I read, but amazing post, *sad face* I live in ohio lol
    Uh, hopefully you knew that it was an analogy. ><

US policy is the same in all parts of the US. Also, I live in Maryland, not Ohio or California.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

warlock_hellfire's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    about the warning, I think theres a cooldown to them, reason I say this is that I have had multiple warnings saying "final warning" but this was spaced over a period of time, it seems to me if you get a final warning, wait 3 months, or even dont play wow and i think everything gets wiped, or at least resets, but thats my expereince, i've gone from final warning to just normal warnings alot.

ShAnX's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I luv teh Lawyer

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by warlock_hellfire View Post
    about the warning, I think theres a cooldown to them, reason I say this is that I have had multiple warnings saying "final warning" but this was spaced over a period of time, it seems to me if you get a final warning, wait 3 months, or even dont play wow and i think everything gets wiped, or at least resets, but thats my expereince, i've gone from final warning to just normal warnings alot.
    Sorry, but for WoW US, it simply does not work like you say.

Time is definitely taken into consideration when it comes to offenses, but the black marks from any punishments are never actually removed from your account. Trust me on this. Nothing EVER gets wiped. You can transfer a character to a new account, and that character will now have a clean record, but the original account will still have the black mark of the final warning, or whatever other punishment was on it.

Your account does not "downgrade" from final warnings, or anything else. It is possible, though quite unlikely, that you can get two final warnings, if they are far apart. I suppose it is also possible (yet also unlikely) that the Account Administration employee in charge of your case simply did not see the previous final warning.

If you do something a year or 2 after getting a final warning, it will say "this account was issued a final warning on X date" on the account's record. There is no way to circumvent this unless you successfully dispute the final warning (by using my unban method, for example) and get it removed.
    Link to my guide: https://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-g...rd-policy.html | I'm retired, please don't PM me. Thanks.

Maxmaximuss2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a nice post dude... but Its sad cause I'm on Final warrning =P

Cheers,

Max.

--------------------------------------------------------

World of Warcraft Accounts Scammed: 2

World of Warcraft Gold Scammed : 300 gold

Cypher's Avatar Kynox's Sister's Pimp
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errors in your post(s):

The terms ToS and ToU are interchangeable, they mean the same thing, its not a 'mistake', nor a 'fun fact'.

You're not a lawyer, not only does calling yourself a laywer make you look like a douche, but it may also be illegal in certain states (eg. California) - I'm assuming you're from the US.
    CALIFORNIA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE SECTION 6125-6140.05

Not really an error, but you should credit Kynox in your warden section, he's the person that released most of the current public information about Warden.

You can get banned by means other than Warden and a player report. For certain types of hacks, and in specific circumstances, server-side cheat detection comes into play (either by herustics or when looking for specific cheats).

Your example about not getting banned by speedhacks is terrible. Hacks to do with movement are much more prone to serverside detection as outlined above, Warden would have to check for hooks on QueryPerformanceCounter/GetTickCount to detect those hacks, but that would also trip false-positives on some security software. Reliable detection would have to be serverside, but even that is difficult due to technical issues outside the scope of this discussion.

Your distinction between [regular] and 'high' ascii characters is stupid. There are non-latin characters both above and below the latin characters in terms of raw numerical identifier. The correct term for what you're trying to describe is 'non-latin characters'. Furthermore, (without looking into this), how do you even know for sure they use ASCII? They could use Unicode, or even a MBCS.

I just picked all that up on a skim-read, theres probably more but I felt I would loose too many brain cells if I continued reading.

ashleyrcishere's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help if possoble

Hi Verye

I would like help if possoble.

What happend is i had a warning on my account for "Use of Prohibited Third Party software" and then i got banned for "Online Traiding Activitease".

What happend was i was logged on to my account and then i phoned up a friend and asked if i can borrow some gold. So then i logged on to his account (While logged in to mine) and sent some gold from his charactor to mine 10 mins later i got DC'd and then tried logging back on and i was banned. Later that day i had a email from blizzard saying i have been banned for "Online Traiding Activitease".

I have tried all sorts of emails to blizzard trying to tell them i had a keylogger on my account and i went away on holidays and come back and my emails where hacked but every time i get a no.

Also i have contacted Glovek and told him about my case paid him and i had a letter from him. I sent that to blizzard and had the same reply with the following title "Blizzard Account Administration EU (EN)" i have tried contacting Glovek about this matter but he has been very busy lateley and he said he was gonna contact you on the matter but as he is very busy i do not know how long that will take so i thought i will try contact you myself.

Any info you can give me on this matter i will be extremely greatful for.

Thanks Alot.

Regards,

Missoko aka Ash.
    Last edited by ashleyrcishere; 12-18-2008 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Mispell

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Errors in your post(s):

The terms ToS and ToU are interchangeable, they mean the same thing, its not a 'mistake', nor a 'fun fact'.
    Blizzard refers to it as the Terms of Use, and not as the Terms of Service. Sure, they both mean the exact same thing, but it's just what it's referred to as officially. Is this really worth noting on your part, though? If you really want, I suppose I could remove that sentence, though.

You're not a lawyer, not only does calling yourself a laywer make you look like a douche, but it may also be illegal in certain states (eg. California) - I'm assuming you're from the US.
    CALIFORNIA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE SECTION 6125-6140.05
    I'm not calling myself a lawyer. This is common sense. Everyone knows I'm not a real lawyer. I've specifically stated I'm not a real lawyer, including in this thread. I am not offering legal advice or legal services in any way. As you know, it's just a metaphorically title.

Not really an error, but you should credit Kynox in your warden section, he's the person that released most of the current public information about Warden.
    That's true. I'll do that now.

You can get banned by means other than Warden and a player report. For certain types of hacks, and in specific circumstances, server-side cheat detection comes into play (either by herustics or when looking for specific cheats).
    Okay, and who gives a shit? Automated cheat detection is automated cheat detection, whether it's client-side or server-side. I use Warden as a general and vague term for automated cheat detection in general.

Your example about not getting banned by speedhacks is terrible. Hacks to do with movement are much more prone to serverside detection as outlined above, Warden would have to check for hooks on QueryPerformanceCounter/GetTickCount to detect those hacks, but that would also trip false-positives on some security software. Reliable detection would have to be serverside, but even that is difficult due to technical issues outside the scope of this discussion.
    You're right. In fact, I think that this is the only real error you've pointed out so far. The example is horrible and wrong, since excessive speed for an excessive period of time might be detected by the server and alert Blizzard to that fact. I changed it accordingly.

Your distinction between [regular] and 'high' ascii characters is stupid. There are non-latin characters both above and below the latin characters in terms of raw numerical identifier. The correct term for what you're trying to describe is 'non-latin characters'. Furthermore, (without looking into this), how do you even know for sure they use ASCII? They could use Unicode, or even a MBCS.
    Blizzard and their GMs have only ever used the term "high ASCII characters." That's all I know regarding the matter. Either way, this is pointless. People know what I meant.

I appreciate your criticisms, but I wish you weren't so hostile.
    Last edited by Verye; 12-18-2008 at 05:10 PM.

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You're not a lawyer, not only does calling yourself a laywer make you look like a douche,"

/agree >.> i told you im not the only one who thinks your a douche parading yourself as such even you yourself said so;

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nyphilum View Post
    "You're not a lawyer, not only does calling yourself a laywer make you look like a douche,"

/agree >.> i told you im not the only one who thinks your a douche parading yourself as such even you yourself said so;

Jesus ****ing Christ I'M NOT A LAWYER.

It's a title. I'm not a real lawyer. What is wrong with you?

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea seriously lol. because my name's Heftydogg, don't assume I'm associated with the brand name Hefty, nor a dog.... that would be stupid. So who cares what you call yourself?

Brutakus's Avatar Brutakus
    Thanks G/R
    10/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhhhhhh...wat
    Ẓ̝̞̭ͫ̿Ȁ̳̪͔͈͉̗͍̇̉͐ͮ͊Ĺ̙̽͐̓ͮ̌̚͡G̲̯͍̽ͫ̂̃̄̂O̪̹͓͍̱̱͝!̝͙̭̩̥̇͊͆ͮ̍̈́̾

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread is locked due to thread drama and such. If anyone has any questions or comments regarding the guide, please feel free to PM me.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2223242526